Speculation: League-wide jersey reboot speculation [MOD: Jerseys now revealed]

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Not sure why no one hasn't noticed but the maple leaf isn't red anymore.
Unless they desaturated the leaf in Photoshop, we are looking at a logo that have dropped red...which makes sense, since there is zero red in the jersey.
This would probably mean that the new jerseys would be dark blue, white and grey. No more gross blue wrist stripe

That's the grey part of the bottom part of jet. Higher up it just looks shaded but could still be red but it's hard to tell. But I don't think they change the logo at all.

thereturn

Jul 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Unless they desaturated the leaf in Photoshop, we are looking at a logo that have dropped red...which makes sense, since there is zero red in the jersey.
This would probably mean that the new jerseys would be dark blue, white and grey. No more gross blue wrist stripe

I can still sort of see the red. The pic is darkened in the corners, so it's hard to tell - probably more so depending on how bright/dark one's monitor is.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

Sorry to disappoint, but it still has red in the logo. Here, I've cranked up the exposure of the image, and you can clearly see the red leaf in the BG:

90O1ELp.jpg

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
It would be nice if they made the logo less stiff. I don't know what the authentic jerseys are like, but the ones most of us buy are so stiff and sit weird when you are sitting. At least for me... I'm female so I have a different chest area than most of you do. :laugh:

The logo on the authentic jerseys are the same. I certainly agree with you about how inflexible they are when in a seated position. It's almost like having a piece of cardboard stuck on the front of a shirt. I remember a period of time when several teams used a type of rubber paint for the logo on their jerseys. Some have referred to it as 'silk screen' but I'm not sure of the exact name or process used but it definitely provided for a more flexible logo when worn. They were typically used in conjunction with mesh jerseys. I always thought they were pretty decent looking and often wish teams would go back to using those materials for their jerseys. Here is a sample below of former Jets player Kent Nilsson wearing one.

knilsson_award.jpg

:jets

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
The logo on the authentic jerseys are the same. I certainly agree with you about how inflexible they are when in a seated position. It's almost like having a piece of cardboard stuck on the front of a shirt. I remember a period of time when several teams used a type of rubber paint for the logo on their jerseys. Some have referred to it as 'silk screen' but I'm not sure of the exact name or process used but it definitely provided for a more flexible logo when worn. They were typically used in conjunction with mesh jerseys. I always thought they were pretty decent looking and often wish teams would go back to using those materials for their jerseys. Here is a sample below of former Jets player Kent Nilsson wearing one.

Definitely like a piece of cardboard. But I guess they don't think of the fans when they design the things. I would give anything to see the jerseys ( the authentics at least ) go back to the old style. The best jersey I have ever worn, for not just quality and workmanship , but just comfort to wear... is my 1983-84 game worn Jets jersey. Mesh material and everything on the jersey was stitched. The numbers, the name, the logo. You could roll the thing up into a ball and it would look fine when you unrolled it. No creases.

12544.jpg

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Definitely like a piece of cardboard. But I guess they don't think of the fans when they design the things. I would give anything to see the jerseys ( the authentics at least ) go back to the old style. The best jersey I have ever worn, for not just quality and workmanship , but just comfort to wear... is my 1983-84 game worn Jets jersey. Mesh material and everything on the jersey was stitched. The numbers, the name, the logo. You could roll the thing up into a ball and it would look fine when you unrolled it. No creases.

I guess they figure it makes it easier for fans to do that stupid logo pulling/shaking thing that some do. God, I hate that almost as much as the glass banging thing.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Sorry to disappoint, but it still has red in the logo. Here, I've cranked up the exposure of the image, and you can clearly see the red leaf in the BG:

90O1ELp.jpg

The crest appears to have perforations.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014

knilsson_award.jpg

Nilsson's logo is 'screenprinted' or 'silkscreened'. Many would consider that a cheap look for a jersey (though I've seen some beautiful screen prints in my day, mostly outside of clothing).

Some European teams have also tried out dye sublimation logos, which is even more unnoticeable, but I think they have the big thick crest so it feels like a shirt that should cost $140.

The crest appears to have perforations.

Yes, that--and the red--was the first thing I noticed.

I guess either I need to calibrate my screen again, or y'all need to calibrate yours for the first time. ;)

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Nilsson's logo is 'screenprinted' or 'silkscreened'. Many would consider that a cheap look for a jersey (though I've seen some beautiful screen prints in my day, mostly outside of clothing).

Some European teams have also tried out dye sublimation logos, which is even more unnoticeable, but I think they have the big thick crest so it feels like a shirt that should cost $140.

When they first came out with the screenprinted logos for the jersey, the benefit was that it more closely resembled the way the logo was intended to look compared to the stitched material logo. The first image is a close up of the logo on the actual jersey and next to it a copy of the team logo. At that time, the stitched material logo couldn't exactly match the sharp lines and details of the team logo design. I have also included the Jets jersey using both the stitched material logo and screenprint logo and it shows how much more the screenprint logo more closely resembles the intended look of the logo.

images
images

ad5c30845e13bf14.jpg
WinnipegJets77-78Fjersey.png

thegr8one66

Mar 22, 2010
Winnipeg
If you were to speculate, what "change" do you interpret from the picture (other than the adidas patch and the difference of fabric)?

Not much, really. Just the collar to be similar to this pic of Team USA with the removal of the draw strings on our current jerseys (and no trademark Adidas 3-stripes anywhere):
Adidas.jpg

Jets.jpg

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
If you were to speculate, what "change" do you interpret from the picture (other than the adidas patch and the difference of fabric)?

The adidas patch was what I predicted would be the only change all along in this thread.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
The adidas patch was what I predicted would be the only change all along in this thread.

Oh, okay. It was more or less what was expected I guess. I still think they should have gone with the Heritage Classic look but it's the prerogative of TNSE to leave things as is. At least the Blue Bombers listened to what their fans wanted in regards to bringing back the royal blue jerseys.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Not much, really. Just the collar to be similar to this pic of Team USA with the removal of the draw strings on our current jerseys (and no trademark Adidas 3-stripes anywhere):

I'm okay with them getting rid of the draw strings as I never saw the need for them on the jerseys anyway.

leer2006

Jan 20, 2010
Transcona
It really is a missed opertunity for tnse if all they did was add the addidas logo on the back. No one is going to replace their existing sweaters if thats the case.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
It really is a missed opertunity for tnse if all they did was add the addidas logo on the back. No one is going to replace their existing sweaters if thats the case.

It was never intended to be radical changes for any of the teams. I'm not sure why people thought there would be.

I think we'll see adidas striping leaguewide on the practice jerseys though.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
It was never intended to be radical changes for any of the teams. I'm not sure why people thought there would be.

I think we'll see adidas striping leaguewide on the practice jerseys though.

That may be true but then why the hype? Who really cares if the only difference is switching from Reebok to Adidas?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad