Speculation: League-wide jersey reboot speculation [MOD: Jerseys now revealed]

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Thought i'd create a thread to talk about the league-wide jersey reboot that will be launched at the draft.

Leaks may start to trickle in. we have 31 jerseys that (theoretically) will be relaunched.

anyone want to take any guesses?

the current uniform database is here:
http://www.nhluniforms.com/2016-17/2016-17.html

I'm guessing you'll see a major overhaul for:

Wild
Hurricanes
Predators
Canucks
Kings
Ducks
Sens

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Doubt any of them are major to be honest, Think there are basically no noticeable differences other than the name on the Jersey being different, the brand name.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Thought i'd create a thread to talk about the league-wide jersey reboot that will be launched at the draft.

Leaks may start to trickle in. we have 31 jerseys that (theoretically) will be relaunched.

anyone want to take any guesses?

the current uniform database is here:
http://www.nhluniforms.com/2016-17/2016-17.html

I'm guessing you'll see a major overhaul for:

Wild
Hurricanes
Predators
Canucks
Kings
Ducks
Sens

It would be nice to see the Jets added to the list by having them switch to the Heritage Classic jerseys with the current logo.

:jets

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Devils will have changes, but I doubt any team makes changes that anyone would really notice.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Doubt any of them are major to be honest, Think there are basically no noticeable differences other than the name on the Jersey being different, the brand name.

think it was stated that even the Jets will have "significant" changes.
the last time the league changed jersey manufacturers, there were BIG changes made almost across the board, with Montreal, Hawks, Red Wings and maybe 1 or 2 other teams not being touched

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I'd love to see the Blue Jackest adopt their current thirds for their main uniforms.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I'd love to see the Blue Jackest adopt their current thirds for their main uniforms.

The Jets and Jackets should arrange something - since both of their 3rds are similar to each teams' current primary colors:

ECM-Uniform-CBJ.png

HvcUT.png
JK1_5453_slide.jpg

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno

actually, the plain cannon as a logo would be pretty sweet. i do enjoy the third jerseys and that logo, but i'm tired of words/cities being on a logo around the picture on the logo

Last edited:

lakewinnipeg

Mar 27, 2017
the current jets jerseys are the worst in the NHL. not even close.

anyone [mod] works for these branding companies should be fired. these ppl have no business involved in sports.

they are so ugly. logo sucks. colors suck. its a joke

Last edited by a moderator:

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno

anyone who [mod] works for these branding companies should be fired. these ppl have no business involved in sports.

while a logo is objective, i think that few would agree with what you said.

there are worse logos (Caines, Sens, Canucks' whale, Wild, Lightening, Columbus, Kings) and worse jerseys (again, Caines, Sens, Canucks, Wild, Lightening, Ducks, arguably the Flames, Nashville, LA, Caps' regular jersey, Avs). Jets are in the middle of the pack and i'm fine with it. but going back to the 1980s/classic jersey would be a cash cow, so i think that will happen.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I'm all for a blue jersey that has a big Adidas logo across the front with a little itty bitty Winnipeg Jets logo over where the heart is...

scarbrow21

Feb 15, 2017
Winnipeg

there are worse logos (Caines, Sens, Canucks' whale, Wild, Lightening, Columbus, Kings) and worse jerseys (again, Caines, Sens, Canucks, Wild, Lightening, Ducks, arguably the Flames, Nashville, LA, Caps' regular jersey, Avs). Jets are in the middle of the pack and i'm fine with it. but going back to the 1980s/classic jersey would be a cash cow, so i think that will happen.

I'd be willing to wager they're not going to the heritage classic format, but rather will switch to the early 90's version.

They saw how many Heritage classic Jerseys they sold, they know every fan in WPG and abroad would buy the classic 90's Jerseys. That and they wouldn't switch to the Heritage classic style because they've already made their money on that and wouldn't stand to make as much if they just made that the Jersey

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg

Just a minor correction to your post HannuJ -- the classic jersey was patterned after the 70s jerseys rather than the 80s jerseys. I do agree that they would make a lot of money changing from our current uniforms to the heritage classic version.

Peter Tagli Eddie

All 3 of them?
Apr 14, 2009

anyone who [mod] works for these branding companies should be fired. these ppl have no business involved in sports.

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.

randomhockeyfan

Sep 23, 2016

anyone who thinks otherwise or works for these branding companies should be fired. these ppl have no business involved in sports.

I agree, they are really ugly. Before I started to watch the Jets more I thought the jerseys and the logo are horrible, one of the worst ones but now I'm kinda used to seeing it. Changing it to the Heritage Classic version would be amazing.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Our current logo is so much better than the old logo...the old logo looks like a grade 6 kid made it....our old color scheme is better then our current colors IMO

New logo + old colors = WINNER

Peter Tagli Eddie

All 3 of them?
Apr 14, 2009
Our current logo is so much better than the old logo...the old logo looks like a grade 6 kid made it....our old color scheme is better then our current colors IMO

New logo + old colors = WINNER

Agreed. I hate the word art in the old logos.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016

LA has a clean logo
Tbay's is clean and fresh too
I don't mind the flames
And the caps jersey as a whole is one of the tier jerseys in the league

Minnesota has some of nicest jerseys too

I could think of worst logos and you picked some of the nicer/cleaner looking logos

I'd say winnipeg's logo is somewhere in between. Really like the whole idea behind it, but I think they could adjust the logo and make it look sharper
But it's a good start
They jersey design and colour scheme is bottom tier tho

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
JK1_5453_slide.jpg

Some might like the Icethetics version (basically the 90's jerseys) but you can't beat the Heritage Classic jerseys. Just slap on the current logo and we're good to go!

:jets

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad