Post-Game Talk: Leafs win! Set new Franchise points record!

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
An awesome game to end the season on. Andy is our MVP hands down and that's not something easily said with our firepower.

Icing on the cake to watch Price fumble away that dump in.

All the records made this season aside...sweeping the habs is the tastiest victory so far this year.

**** Price and **** the Habs.

Time to put the women and children to bed and go looking for ****ing dinner.

GO LEAFS GO!!!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1478311053056.jpg
    FB_IMG_1478311053056.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 5

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I only saw the last 10 minutes of the third but Dermott looked really good in those 10 minutes :laugh:

Funny. Last year everything seemed to go right for the Leafs to JUST squeak into the playoffs.

This season they seemingly had many more road blocks and stumbles, yet managed to power through and set a franchise best season for points.

Great regular season. Bring on the playoffs!

Reactions: ThewThew and weems

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
LOL literally right after that last goal I said that goal sums up the Habs season .. Then Hughson says a similar thing .. And my wife looks at me as if I'm some sort of prophet
She likes what she hears...and sees...

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Honestly shocked Froese and Rychel didn’t score a goal each.

Great momentum game heading into the playoffs, but our opponents are going to be a lot harder than that.

Still love beating Montreal, any time, any day, any game of the season.

That's why they are with Montreal. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Elephanto

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Season sweep! Love it.

Terrible game in general, but PP and the fact the Habs are absolute crap settled the outcome.

Cannot wait to beat Tampa, Boston and Pittsburgh on our run ;-)

Reactions: Crispy Crust

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I only saw the last 10 minutes of the third but Dermott looked really good in those 10 minutes :laugh:

Funny. Last year everything seemed to go right for the Leafs to JUST squeak into the playoffs.

This season they seemingly had many more road blocks and stumbles, yet managed to power through and set a franchise best season for points.

Great regular season. Bring on the playoffs!

Dermott is really good.
I was pumping his tires all last season but didnt think he'd step right in and look this comfortable.
He was easily one of the most underrated prospects leaguewide but didnt get much hype with all our other young studs.

Looks like one of those homerun 2nd rounders that really speed up the process of becoming an elite young team.

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
Sloppy first two periods, but special teams is what mattered most at the end of the night.

Price is horrendous and it's not just the team in front of him, he's not the same goaltender he used to be. He may bounce back next season, but in my eyes, his better days are behind him.

Matthews with two more points, no shocker there, he's been fabulous all season despite missing 20 games, still manages to get 34 goals. He's going to be an absolute beast for us in the playoffs.

Andersen was great tonight. That second goal against was just a fluke off the stick of Hainsey, so no big deal. First goal against was a fluke one too.

In more important news, Andersen erases Andrew Raycroft from most wins in a season by a goaltender for the Leafs forever. Good for you, Andersen.

I was always against the Raycroft trade and that's probably one of the worst in Leafs history that I've ever seen, maybe even NHL history. Rask is a stud.

Most points in a season by the Leafs as well.

Bring on Tampa Bay or Boston, I don't care which one, I want some playoff hockey and I want it now.

One could also argue that without the Rask trade we wouldn't have been in the position to get Matthews. If we had Rask we probably wouldn't have had Reimer and Bernier around to help us flounder into Matthews.

First time I've thought of that trade in a good light now that I think of it. A silver lining to the end of the season.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Really happy for the team to hit a new franchise record for points and for Andy to break the all-time goalie wins record...a new generation, baby!

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Im frreaking pumped boys and girls. Were in the playoffs again and man we have a strong young team.

Reactions: weems

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Anyone have the stats for Matthews since coming back from injury? Must be impressive.

Since March 22nd (When he came back)
- 9 games played
- 13 points (1st on team, 4 more points than the 2nd place Nylander)
- 3.39 points/60 (absolutely ridiculous, Nylander 2nd at 3.05, Marner 3rd at 2.27)

Edit: Not including today.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Dermott is really good.
I was pumping his tires all last season but didnt think he'd step right in and look this comfortable.
He was easily one of the most underrated prospects leaguewide but didnt get much hype with all our other young studs.

Looks like one of those homerun 2nd rounders that really speed up the process of becoming an elite young team.

Yeah, Dermott's got great instincts...almost had an assist when he switched gears and decided to skate up for the back-hand shot for a tip missed by JVR. Once he gets more experience and confidence, he could turn into a Duncan Keith.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Wasn't exactly a performance for the ages tonight but we won and are healthy heading into the playoffs so that's certainly a good thing

**** is about to get real very shortly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad