Post-Game Talk: Leafs win! Set new Franchise points record!

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
LOL literally right after that last goal I said that goal sums up the Habs season .. Then Hughson says a similar thing .. And my wife looks at me as if I'm some sort of prophet
I knew commentators will say that cliche before they said that. So predictable, lol.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Bab's on Hyman tonight: "40 pts is alot of points..."
Obviously ... Hyman knows more about hockey than the vast majority of the posters at this forum.

Along with children books, he knows more about that than mostly anyone here. Not easy being a published author. Good on him.

Hyman!

:nod:

TMLeafs18

Aug 7, 2015
Canada
So Matthews just continually proves that he is becoming one of the best players in the league. Awesome season for the Leafs well done boys.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Finally time to play for keeps. Now we are going to see how good this team really is and how close we are to being SC contenders.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
Did babs and julien do an interview together? I missed the pregame show and can't find the video.

Yeah, over the broncos

i didn't see Julien talk as I joined near the tail end and was confused when I saw both of them there at the same time

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
What part of his game did you like? Was it his team worse Corsi of 26.1, the numerous giveaways, his plodding skating, or the stupid penalty he took in the 3rd period? His time is done here and for Babcock to put him on the pp is lunacy.

The part of the game that is necessary, but is hard to accept by a gamer/fantasy pool/fickle fan. I saw Gardiner, JVR, and Dermott all give the puck away, but you don't see me ripping the coach. "Lunacy"? If Komarov played for Finland in WCH his coach would play him the same way. Let me guess! He's a lunatic too?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The part of the game that is necessary, but is hard to accept by a gamer/fantasy pool/fickle fan. I saw Gardiner, JVR, and Dermott all give the puck away, but you don't see me ripping the coach. "Lunacy"? If Komarov played for Finland in WCH his coach would play him the same way. Let me guess! He's a lunatic too?

I believe it was February when I looked at give alway stats and Brent Burns and Drew Doughty were give away machines. So, maybe give-always are good.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

It’s pointless.

This Komarov Out mantra has transcended fact and is now just fueled by unwavering opinion. He’s become a scapegoat for just about everything.

Unjustly and without merit.

But next year, the mob will pick another scapegoat.

Hope Andersen has a good playoff...

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
It’s pointless.

This Komarov Out mantra has transcended fact and is now just fueled by unwavering opinion. He’s become a scapegoat for just about everything.

Unjustly and without merit.

But next year, the mob will pick another scapegoat.

Hope Andersen has a good playoff...
this is just dumb. There have been plenty of good reasons to dislike Komarov's play

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
this is just dumb. There have been plenty of good reasons to dislike Komarov's play

There have been reasons to dislike his play but he’s absolutely become a scapegoat. People blamed the NJ loss on him for example, if we lose a game in the playoffs where he’s playing it will likely be blamed on him.

As long as I’ve been a Leaf fan we’ve always loved finding a player to channel all our complaints into.

Reactions: al secord and egd27

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
There have been reasons to dislike his play but he’s absolutely become a scapegoat. People blamed the NJ loss on him for example, if we lose a game in the playoffs where he’s playing it will likely be blamed on him.

As long as I’ve been a Leaf fan we’ve always loved finding a player to channel all our complaints into.
sure but there's a difference between saying he's a scapegoat and saying there's no merit to criticizing him

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
You know its been a dreadful season for the Oilers when they have to discuss Matthews and the Leafs in their PGT. Just check it out it's friggin hilarious. :laugh:

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Komarov was shakey at first (falling down a few times, giving puck away) but he got better in the third. I think a healthy/in sync Komarov will be a beast in the playoffs, he's getting back to form. You can't judge until he plays a playoff game, it's not the same. I love Johnsson too, I would love to find a way to have him in the lineup, but if you think Babcock is going to toss Komarov out before the playoffs start you're mistaken and setting yourself up for heartache.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
You know its been a dreadful season for the Oilers when they have to discuss Matthews and the Leafs in their PGT. Just check it out it's friggin hilarious. :laugh:
it's great. I love how much their high expectations blew up in their faces. No fanbase deserves it more

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad