Post-Game Talk: Leafs win! Set new Franchise points record!

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
fred_flintstone_yabba_dabba_doo_card-r1c74bda6a2da47ecbb77cc05fca5c0e0_xvuat_8byvr_400.jpg

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
all i gotta say is babcock please take komarov off our 2nd PP in the playoffs...i mean brown, kapanen, hyman, and plekanec all better options

Reactions: NiftyMits

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
There you go! Well done picking it up for the third period. Not an intense effort but got the win, the points record, and Andersen gets the win record.

A good night.
AND, Price can think about that gaffe throughout his entire, long, offseason.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Win totals are a little strange now that the shootout forces victories. So I look at the other teams as actually being more successful. I remember when an 100 point season was huge.. now it's common for playoff bound teams.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Habs fan coming in peace. Price apparently got the memo and helped us secure 4th. Thank you for helping though.

I am gonna root for you guys versus Tampa or Boston. I $&@%& hate both those teams and want you to obliterate them.

Also, congrats on the franchise record.
Thanks good luck with the draft lottery. Hopefully you get dahlin (joking ofc) ;)

Reactions: sandviper

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
Babcock threw the Kadri line out for the last shift to get Marner a chance at 70 on the empty net, then Marner (and the rest of the line) played so well Price didn't even get a chance to leave the net.

Would have loved if Price gave away to Marner for the milestone.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
nah man, marner is just a good teammate, he didnt want to hit 70 while matthew and nylander are stuck at 60...they will all hit 70 together next season

Reactions: WestCoastLeafs

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
A little disappointed in the scorekeeper, could've tried to give him an assist on the Marleau goal.
They've pretty much bent the fabric of time and space to give Crosby phantom assists on plays like those.

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Sloppy first two periods, but special teams is what mattered most at the end of the night.

Price is horrendous and it's not just the team in front of him, he's not the same goaltender he used to be. He may bounce back next season, but in my eyes, his better days are behind him.

Matthews with two more points, no shocker there, he's been fabulous all season despite missing 20 games, still manages to get 34 goals. He's going to be an absolute beast for us in the playoffs.

Andersen was great tonight. That second goal against was just a fluke off the stick of Hainsey, so no big deal. First goal against was a fluke one too.

In more important news, Andersen erases Andrew Raycroft from most wins in a season by a goaltender for the Leafs forever. Good for you, Andersen.

I was always against the Raycroft trade and that's probably one of the worst in Leafs history that I've ever seen, maybe even NHL history. Rask is a stud.

Most points in a season by the Leafs as well.

Bring on Tampa Bay or Boston, I don't care which one, I want some playoff hockey and I want it now.

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
Honestly shocked Froese and Rychel didn’t score a goal each.

Great momentum game heading into the playoffs, but our opponents are going to be a lot harder than that.

Still love beating Montreal, any time, any day, any game of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad