Post-Game Talk: Leafs win in Style 5-4 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Did the ref check for blood?
I thought he did?
That was where his own butt end hit was it not?
Unless it was another play where they were checking for blood ... smoking gun.
Yes they did and I would have been upset if they had not figured out which stick caused it and give McMann 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Yes they did and I would have been upset if they had not figured out which stick caused it and give McMann 4.
If it was 4 they could have reviewed it and saw who's stick did what.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Yes.. not sure the actual reason but I am sure that played into it.

I guess the point being, there HAVE been other instances this year that warranted a goalie pull but they did not happen.

He did it again in the 3rd I think but Bob made a good save.

Let's not kid ourselves though, more often than not, those kicks end up with the puck in the stands lol
Still not as bad as the Cowboys' kicker on Monday - two wide right and then one off each post. Good thing those points weren't needed.

Reactions: wingman75

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Pretty sure the call was supposed to be on Engvall... ???

I thought you could only pick up and carry your goaltenders stick back to the goalie and not push it along the ice. Engvall pushed it back towards the goalie... by the time the refs got their heads out of their asses Timmy was the one standing in front of the net, so they called him.

That is my interpretation... no idea if that is really what happened. Concerning point being the refs clearly did not see what happened, so how can they call a penalty?
That may well have been it.

Either way: right call, wrong player. It happens.

If it was 4 they could have reviewed it and saw who's stick did what.
Hopefully, yes.

Reactions: wingman75

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
That was one hell of a comeback.

I thought Samsonov should have started the game anyway, but it was good to see him bail out Murray in relief with a perfect outing, and the boys deserved to win the game based on the chances generated by both teams.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I think you need to let Murray play through some struggles .. but I would still give the net to Sammy for the next two to try and get the team and defense sharpened up.

8 games until a 9 day break, so you don’t want either goaltender sitting for too long.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
He would be perfect. Too bad Washington will never trade him unless it's for an unrealistic package. At least until Ovie retires, but by then who knows what his game will be
knies is looking sick but i dont think anyone has the nastiness of tommy boy

Reactions: Jojalu

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge

I thought Samsonov should have started the game anyway, but it was good to see him bail out Murray in relief with a perfect outing, and the boys deserved to win the game based on the chances generated by both teams.
I agree, Samsonov should have started. I think Keefe should select the game's starter based on who is hot at the time. Murray didn't have a particularly good game against the Bruins so he should have given Samsonov a chance to run with it. So now, give him the net and when he has a poor game, as he inevitably will, put Murray back in.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton

I think I heard that switching between goalies on a game by game basis that Murray has gotten most of the away games and Samsonov has gotten most of the home games. So, by switching them last night it would've balanced them out over the next month or few weeks.

I think you need to let Murray play through some struggles .. but I would still give the net to Sammy for the next two to try and get the team and defense sharpened up.

8 games until a 9 day break, so you don’t want either goaltender sitting for too long.
9 day break, seriously??

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I think I heard that switching between goalies on a game by game basis that Murray has gotten most of the away games and Samsonov has gotten most of the home games. So, by switching them last night it would've balanced them out over the next month or few weeks.

9 day break, seriously??

All star weekend I think

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Sometimes I can’t watch so pop in to NHL.com for updates. It’s weird how they are frequently wrong, to the point of seemingly out to lunch. According to them, Nylander was hauled down on a breakaway in OT and awarded a penalty shot. I refreshed a couple seconds later and it said he scored on the PS. A while later I went back and watched and that wasn’t what happened at all. Weird and not the first time.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
The refs don’t even know
It was called interference. Most likely because they got the wrong guy (should have been Kerfoot) for pushing the goalie stick towards him. a legitimate penalty, but they pegged the wrong player.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
It was called interference. Most likely because they got the wrong guy (should have been Kerfoot) for pushing the goalie stick towards him. a legitimate penalty, but they pegged the wrong player.
It was Engvall who pushed the stick over. Sad how four officials got together and still couldn’t get the right guy.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

9 day break, seriously??
9 day break and then we are playing the AHL portion of our schedule the rest of the month of February, Should just tell Gio to stay at the resort for an extra week or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad