Post-Game Talk: Leafs win in Style 5-4 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Won’t be popular but I think Gudas is a beauty and would take him any day over Holl.
I disagree about ever seeing Gudas playing for the Leafs. Did you see the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty he took in the 1st period, because he was angry about Engvall being in the crease with Bobrovski, even though it was Gudas himself who hit him and threw him into Bobrovski.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Might be injured. He's gotten up slow after a couple of plays in recent games.
something wrong with his catching arm

Some bad calls both ways tonight
Absolutely. The Refs really weren't favouring either team with their incompetence.

Well playing dirty and hoping that "game management" will balance it out and you get a free pass to play dirty some more... Shouldn't be rewarded. Officiating was rough, but Florida could have had plenty more calls. The Leafs also had some bad ones. The main board can't bitch on Leafs fans when the refs screw the Leafs and now bitch if they get a PP advantage.
Honestly, f*** the main board. Complete waste of time. Haven't been there since Matthews was drafted and idiot Buffalo fans kept insisting that Eichel was better and it wasn't even close.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Zach Aston Reese was very impressive this game. I think his best game as a Leaf.

What can you say about Samsonov? Incredible performance when called on.

Whole team played very well and very physical.

Reactions: ACC1224

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Might be injured. He's gotten up slow after a couple of plays in recent games.
No, he is useless.
1. A veteran who cannot prepare himself for a game 2 times per week
2. A veteran who cannot watch a video of himself playing on his knees
3. A veteran who has so little energy for his job that he cannot figure out what routine to use to get ready for a game.
4. A veteran who is not committed to his team or he would do 1,2 and 3.

So we are left with a cheap imitation of Dominic Hasak who lies on his stomach, and a veteran goalie who has NO CONSISTENCY.
Now Keefe has to guess come round 1 of the playoffs if Murray can play today.
The goalie coach had better have the guts to make a call.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
really proud of the player Willy has become these last 2 seasons. Talk about a guy silencing the critics and blocking out the noise. He had been a staple of controversy for the better part of 5 seasons and now he has completely evolved his game to just utterly dominate play in the way we always knew he could. We are getting the consistent Team Sweden version of Willy that is impossible to handle.

What a goal by Willy to call game.

Nice battle back. I love the compete to gut out that victory. Hopefully we can pull out the same result on Thursday. I'd love nothing more then to see that clown Jesse Pollock cry once again about how the Leafs don't dominate his every thought.

Go Leafs Go!!

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
ooooops there it is, ooooops there it is, ooooooops there it is ... Willy's back yes he's back, Willy's back yes he's back .. text from my son this morning .. omg another world class goal from Willy .. maybe goal of da year candidate in NHL season .. brought entire crowd up from their seats .. haven't seen that in a long time .. wow speed kills my friends .. Willy slowly dropped it into 4th by centre ice, 5th by blue line and then right into 6th gear by D man before using his edges to make a highly skilled play with his stick on da deke by Bobbo .. folks there are 4 guys on planet who can make that play happen .. and we got one of those guys here in TO baby .. he does not do it often enough but when he decides my friends it is gonna take Makar to stop it or maybe MAC or McJesus but only a few guys .. watch it over again it competes with Makara goal last year

Reactions: kb and saffronleaf

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Gudas during the Flyers is a guy I'd love.

Irrespective I think we need a top six winger the most. And hopefully that winter is dirty and gritty.
Everything else is cherry on top.

Tom Wilson would be so perfect lol.
He would be perfect. Too bad Washington will never trade him unless it's for an unrealistic package. At least until Ovie retires, but by then who knows what his game will be

Reactions: ER89

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Wasn't there some games where Keefe should have made a goalie change, however he didn't because they were on the first night of a back to back?
Yes.. not sure the actual reason but I am sure that played into it.

I guess the point being, there HAVE been other instances this year that warranted a goalie pull but they did not happen.

That was a pretty play kicking the puck up to his stick.
He did it again in the 3rd I think but Bob made a good save.

Let's not kid ourselves though, more often than not, those kicks end up with the puck in the stands lol

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I think it was because he pushed the goalstick towards an opposing player (not intentionally, but....)
Pretty sure the call was supposed to be on Engvall... ???

I thought you could only pick up and carry your goaltenders stick back to the goalie and not push it along the ice. Engvall pushed it back towards the goalie... by the time the refs got their heads out of their asses Timmy was the one standing in front of the net, so they called him.

That is my interpretation... no idea if that is really what happened. Concerning point being the refs clearly did not see what happened, so how can they call a penalty?

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I am pretty sure the NHL would have Keefe arrested and never seen of again if he went after the league and officials like Maurice did last night.
Probably. But, I sympathise with Maurice. There is clearly a ref that is holding some sort of grievance against Paul, for whatever reason. If a professional official cannot move on from that, the league needs to move on from them. That is amature hour shit and has no place in a professional league, regardless if it is biased against our team or any other.

I am sure it is prevalent across the league to lesser extents. I mean, we all know Graham 'skellator' Skilliter has it out for Sheldon but it's never gotten out of hand like what we watched last night.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Good to win in OT as well because it misses up MTL's draft pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad