Post-Game Talk: Leafs win in Style 5-4 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
The PPs had an impact on the blown lead.
Well playing dirty and hoping that "game management" will balance it out and you get a free pass to play dirty some more... Shouldn't be rewarded. Officiating was rough, but Florida could have had plenty more calls. The Leafs also had some bad ones. The main board can't bitch on Leafs fans when the refs screw the Leafs and now bitch if they get a PP advantage.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Well playing dirty and hoping that "game management" will balance it out and you get a free pass to play dirty some more... Shouldn't be rewarded. Officiating was rough, but Florida could have had plenty more calls. The Leafs also had some bad ones. The main board can't bitch on Leafs fans when the refs screw the Leafs and now bitch if they get a PP advantage.
Some bad calls both ways tonight

Reactions: bax and Macallan18

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
That maybe true, however the Panthers also scored a shorthanded goal in the 1st period.

In the end they blew a 4-2 lead. If the Leafs had done the exact same thing, do you think our fan base would be happy if that happened?
No I doubt the couple dozen Panther fans aren’t happy either.

• Haha
Reactions: LeafsNation75

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
The Panthers fans on the main boards are complaining about the number of power plays the Leafs had, especially that charging penalty on Gudas. Maybe they should blame their team for blowing a 4-2 lead.

Lotta excuses over there for a team gifted 4 goals on 8 shots. Once we got league average or better goaltending, they were outclassed.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Agreed on Maurice. I think he still must get credit/hype/respect for the Carolina run to the Final 20 years ago. Otherwise his results have been quite vanilla, but also not surprised, the NHL loves recycling their Old Boys Club retreads.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
The thread on the main board about that charging penalty on Gudas got closed. So, I guess those couple dozen Panthers fans need to complain on their board about tonight.
That was a bad call and turned out to be a bit of a back breaker.

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
I'm concerned about Murray. Even when he has a "good game", he always looks a little unsure of himself out there. His biggest asset is his size and he's not even using that to his advantage. There's no way that at least a couple of those goals tonight should not have been stopped if he was out further and cutting off the angles. I want him to succeed. He's a home town boy.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
I liked seeing ZAR stand up for his teammates and I’m not a Gudas booster, but I don’t think he turtled.

He was smart and suckered ZAR into taking a penalty while staying out of the penalty box himself.

Gave his team a power play. ZAR still did the right thing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad