Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 5-2

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
How in the f*** do we win in regulation against a shitty team, and those donkeys in Tampa lose in OT or whatever against a shitty team and they gain ground on us?

Actually we were behind them in the standings yesterday (tied in points with them having a game in hand). Leafs pulled ahead after last night.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
One thing I think you need to give Dubas credit for is being patient and hanging onto Will when it would have been easily justified at many different points to trade him away to shake up the core of this team.

Now he's turning into a beast who is becoming very consistent with his play. His ability to create space and scoring opportunities with his skating/agility is one of the reasons we're so dangerous offensively.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
How in the f*** do we win in regulation against a shitty team, and those donkeys in Tampa lose in OT or whatever against a shitty team and they gain ground on us?
Tampa and Boston are combined 24-1-2 against the worst 8 teams this season, last night included.

Can't say the same about the Leafs.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Tampa and Boston are combined 24-1-2 against the worst 8 teams this season, last night included.

Can't say the same about the Leafs.
Tampa alone has lost to San Jose, Phi and Arizona.

Bruins have lost to at least Arizona.

Your point remains though. The Leafs have squandered too many points

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Chicago is garbage, wow. That was a pathetic showing by them, not much to discuss. Did what we should have against a bottom feeder.

Reactions: leafsfan5

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Um......they don't gain ground.

In your scenario we got 2 points and they got 1 so they fall a point back.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
1676558468066.png

Reactions: weems

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Only watched the 1st period. Leafs were up 3-1 but the level of play was the equivalent of an exhibition game.

Leafs are passing it to their opponent, Hawks are deflecting shot into their own goal. Was hard to watch.

Jonathan Toews was not playing for Chicago either who I wanted to see.

Common playoffs already !!

weems

Jul 3, 2008

Outside of Boston (whose goaltending I'm not sure will hold up) there doesn't look like many scary teams.

The west looks seriously weak outside of a second half heater from Colorado. I think whoever wins the East will be a clear favorite in the cup finals.

A huge deadline from the Leafs could really put us in a great position to win it all.

Reactions: kb and ULF_55

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Outside of Boston (whose goaltending I'm not sure will hold up) there doesn't look like many scary teams.

The west looks seriously weak outside of a second half heater from Colorado. I think whoever wins the East will be a clear favorite in the cup finals.

A huge deadline from the Leafs could really put us in a great position to win it all.
Unless the tough road to the final takes everything out of them?

Reactions: weems

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Leafs are right there with the Lightning, so they're beating the better teams?

Leafs need more snarl from Nylander, doesn't seem to exist elsewhere in the top 6.
Yea no one questions about their abilities to win against elite teams, at least in the regular season. But again we are talking about bottom feeders here.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
So the Lightning don't have a problem with the bottom feeders (normally) but aren't as good as the Leafs playing against the better teams.
That's the case so far, but two points are two points no matter where the opponent is in the standings.

Last season they would've had a 123 pt season if they finished a .500 record against Vancouver, Buffalo and Arizona.

Last edited:

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Another men against boys game last night at Scotia .. hope we don't get Kane .. he only brings more of what we already have with skill .. need more speed and power down middle to tilt our 3rd line .. and another top 4 D man to replace Muzzy type

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018

The problem is that if we win the East, we'll have to play whichever sad-sack loser crawls out of the West.

And you know how badly we do against the weaker teams! :sarcasm:

Reactions: Racer88 and weems

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad