Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 5-2

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Boring game.
TNT broadcast wasn't too good.
Engvall...I've had enough.
I'm not sure anyone on Chicago is a target for our team.

Damn, Willy is a great skater, Mitch has the hands Kane used to possess.
Timmins solid.
Good to have Matthews back.
Sammy doing what he had to.

Gotta get a 3C, I like Kamph, but he offers so little O.
Give Holmberg a shot at 2LW?

Lafferty is a good target, really liked what I saw out of him.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Missed the game. How did Kane look?
oldman.jpg

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Every game against a bottom 8 team should go like this; boring, 2 points.

All they did was match the other teams work ethic and things took care of themselves (through the high skill level of the team). Couple good saves from Sammy.

Matthews looked like he was moving so much better. I like Timmins, especially with the puck. I do think Holl might be better defensively especially on the PK. I feel sick for saying that.

Maybe by playing such a shit team the boys will be prepared for another steaming pile of crap opponent on Saturday.

2-1-0 in this stretch of 5 bottom of the barrel opponents. Habs and Hawks left.

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
Came away very impressed with Timmins.

It's important to remember this guy only has 60 career games. There is so much room for improvement for this kid. With some steady development he could really become something.
He's just like Riley. Except he's way better..

Reactions: rdogg

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
If Kane is telling his buddy Matthews anything it's to look at what has become of the Chicago Blackhawks.

They had their glory years and then get picked apart because of the salary cap, with nothing left but this bare bones squad, but at least they got their rings.

Our guys haven't won anything yet. Hoping the lesson here is if you want to win, maybe you take a little less to put together a team that can win, because once that window is gone, its most likely gone for good and you end up somewhere else that maybe the chance to win isn't as good as the one that they have here.

Other than that, man Nylander is becoming my favorite Leaf. He deserves recognition for being an amazing player, maybe something he doesn't get enough of with Marner and Matthews around, but the guy is unbelievable.

Enjoying watching Timmins game. He looks like Holl's time here is ending and I'm interested to see what he can do when given more responsibility, but he's throwing hits, standing guys up, and man does he have a shot that he can rip. Great opportunistic pick-up by Dubas here.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
If Kane is telling his buddy Matthews anything it's to look at what has become of the Chicago Blackhawks.

They had their glory years and then get picked apart because of the salary cap, with nothing left but this bare bones squad, but at least they got their rings.

Our guys haven't won anything yet. Hoping the lesson here is if you want to win, maybe you take a little less to put together a team that can win, because once that window is gone, its most likely gone for good and you end up somewhere else that maybe the chance to win isn't as good as the one that they have here.

Other than that, man Nylander is becoming my favorite Leaf. He deserves recognition for being an amazing player, maybe something he doesn't get enough of with Marner and Matthews around, but the guy is unbelievable.

Enjoying watching Timmins game. He looks like Holl's time here is ending and I'm interested to see what he can do when given more responsibility, but he's throwing hits, standing guys up, and man does he have a shot that he can rip. Great opportunistic pick-up by Dubas here.
I think what he was telling him is, "look what happens when you take too much money and the team is handcuffed and can't get and pay any decent support players, greeds gonna kill us all bro."

Reactions: LeafSteel

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
I thought Domi was their most dangerous player. Interesting to see he's playing centre full-time this year.
It's more interesting how he keeps getting moved back to the wing even though his best seasons have come when he's played center. His rookie season played center, had 52 points in 81 games, 18 goals. First year in Montreal, 72 points, 28 goals in 82 games. Then for whatever reason moved him to the wing next year and he had 44 in 71. Columbus picked him up and it was reported he'd play center but never did. Now he's in Chicago playing center and would you look at that, he's performing.

Reactions: Smif

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
How in the f*** do we win in regulation against a shitty team, and those donkeys in Tampa lose in OT or whatever against a shitty team and they gain ground on us?

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
It's more interesting how he keeps getting moved back to the wing even though his best seasons have come when he's played center. His rookie season played center, had 52 points in 81 games, 18 goals. First year in Montreal, 72 points, 28 goals in 82 games. Then for whatever reason moved him to the wing next year and he had 44 in 71. Columbus picked him up and it was reported he'd play center but never did. Now he's in Chicago playing center and would you look at that, he's performing.
Domi ALWAYS performs when his contract is up at the end of the season. That's why I don't know why teams don't give him repeated one year deals.

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Saint John,N.B.
I think what he was telling him is, "look what happens when you take too much money and the team is handcuffed and can't get and pay any decent support players, greeds gonna kill us all bro."
No what he is telling him is
Too bad this wasn’t in the old days when you could cheat against the cap by adding a couple of million dollars at the end of a contract so the cap hit wouldnt be so high

You could leagally cheat the cap ahhh the good old days now yiu have to put high cap players on LTIR for the season and bring them back for the playoffs

Reactions: Auston Escobar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad