Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-2

Zacman

Dec 14, 2009
Yes I do. I am not saying mac or mete is the answer but I find Rielly’s play is detrimental to this team. Its my opinion and no I am not trolling. I love a good old leafs win just like everyone else but I do not like Rielly on this team especially with that cap hit. I don’t have to like every player in this team. There are so many that talk about kerfoot and engvall quite freely yet you mention Rielly and you get crucified.
I am a pro lurker, never even log in.

But to tell you how ridiculous your post is, I did.

Get a grip, Rielly outplays his contract.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
completely disagree with you. Shots mean jack if they are low quality. With Rielly the high danger chances against are through the roof and those are the ones that bury this team time and time again.
He you go

Shots Against per 60:
Murray - 33.38
Samsonov - 28.09
High Danger Shots Against per 60:
Murray - 8.74
Samsonov - 8.40
Average Shot Distance:
Murray - 33.25
Samsonov - 35.12
(All game states)

Yorkshire Leaf

Nov 13, 2014
The City of York
He you go

Shots Against per 60:
Murray - 33.38
Samsonov - 28.09
Murray - 8.74
Samsonov - 8.40
Average Shot Distance:
Murray - 33.25
Samsonov - 35.12
(All game states)
What about ‘godly’ shots against per game when the messiah is on the ice, is there a stat for that?

He was only posting a stat and not colouring it in anyway with the language he used, honestly he wasn’t.

Reactions: saltming

Spargon

May 31, 2019
Why does out fanbase always have to have a vocal group of morons deriding a quality player because they have some delusion of how the team would be better when they don't have a f***ing clue?

It's different posters with different players but there's always some vocal morons with absolute shit takes.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
Why does out fanbase always have to have a vocal group of morons deriding a quality player because they have some delusion of how the team would be better when they don't have a f***ing clue?

It's different posters with different players but there's always some vocal morons with absolute shit takes.
The Leafs fan base is made up very unique. Millions of would be general managers.

Almost all discussion is team construction, never “did you see that play!”

Reactions: kb

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
What about ‘godly’ shots against per game when the messiah is on the ice, is there a stat for that?

He was only posting a stat and not colouring it in anyway with the language he used, honestly he wasn’t.
I think the posts were genuine, not well thought through but genuine.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
He you go

Shots Against per 60:
Murray - 33.38
Samsonov - 28.09
Murray - 8.74
Samsonov - 8.40
Average Shot Distance:
Murray - 33.25
Samsonov - 35.12
(All game states)
That matches what we see every night.

Good game. Started a bit sloppy, but then started to move their feet. Took advantage of a weak goalie. Marner seems to play a more aggressive game with Tavares. That line had a few great chances.
Does he shoot more playing with JT? Seems like he does.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
5th overall now, not too shabby. Hopefully the pessimists aren't too worried about missing the playoffs anymore. Been an interesting season so far. Boston's still way ahead of us, 1st overall and a goal differential of +37 (we're +12 for reference) and I have no idea if they're really that good or they'll come down to earth but a playoff series against those guys would be exciting!

Marner's been amazing but the best part of the season so far is easily the goaltending, just because goaltending is everything in the playoffs. The sample size is still small but nevertheless, with each passing game my optimism re. the playoffs gets another boost. Two time cup winner Murray baby, this could turn out to be the best trade Dubas has ever made!!

Here’s to eating crow all season on Matt Murray, Sam and Dubas’ gambles in goal. Tending is the least of our worries so far.
Sample size is still small but damn, it's looking good so far!

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
I am a pro lurker, never even log in.

But to tell you how ridiculous your post is, I did.

Get a grip, Rielly outplays his contract.
While Italian guy us off, there is a point to be made here. Reilly is very good but not great. He plays far too many minutes. We are seeing what positional hockey can do for a team, something Reilly is very bad at. He can skate, pass, carry the puck and even block some shots BUT he also does not recover well.
He may be the Leafs best dman, but not by the large margin many think he is. IMHO.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
IMG_20221129_075133_134.png

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Another win for the good guys, team looked to be running out of fumes towards the end of the 2nd and 3rd, but got the job done.

Amount of shots given up doesn't tell the tale of how the game was, Detroit got a lot of useless shots and with Murray playing like how he is, those aren't even a worry.

Team is playing really well defensively.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
While Italian guy us off, there is a point to be made here. Reilly is very good but not great. He plays far too many minutes. We are seeing what positional hockey can do for a team, something Reilly is very bad at. He can skate, pass, carry the puck and even block some shots BUT he also does not recover well.
He may be the Leafs best dman, but not by the large margin many think he is. IMHO.

It's a cold day in hell, when I agree with something NB posts. I too think the Italian guy is off, and somewhat obsessed, but it's been no secret in Leafs Nation, that while Rielly has some excellent skills, he isn't very good in his own zone. We've always been searching to find the right partner, to babysit him. That isn't to say, he doesn't make the team better... as most of the time he does.

Reactions: Niagara Bill

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad