Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-2

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
RE: Reilly bashing

Where I agree -- he hasn't been good enough in his own end to start this season.

Where I disagree -- it's just a slow start and not a full season, when he gets going he gives us good value on the contract, he's decent post season.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Mick said some nice things about MM, and how dominant the big 4 are, nice of him I thought

Leafs provided some chills and thrills tonight on both sides of the puck, they also had a couple of "white knuckles on the wheel" moments as well.

Bunts wasn't too happy about that hook he took in the 3rd, it was pretty chintzy, but they let the Wings go on a couple of those iify ones. The rest of the boys picked him up though and just smothered the Wings PP, they did pretty well on the other two penalties, the kill should gets some props tonight.

5v5 they were pretty good but not great, Dirty Murr had to work hard all night to keep the game in control, 43 shots isn't something you should be giving any team, Detroit has some real skill, you really shouldn't give them blueline like that. Once and awhile someone needs to step up and put somebody on their arse.

My 3

1st Star Matt Murray the Dirty Murr closed the door

2nd Star Timothy Liljegren he's showing more and more why some people had him in the top 10, and some even the top 5.

3rd Star Auston Matthews don't tell the rest of the league but I think he's finally awake.

Honorable mention to the Wings 4th line, big, strong, fast and smart players. They forecheck hard and put on lots of pressure down low.

Mete had 18 mins tonight, didn't look horrible, seems to be gaining confidence in his game, but like Malgin I think strength could be an issue for him in the long run.

MM just does a bunch of stuff really good, and does the other stuff great. He does make mistakes on rare occasions, but he's cleaning those up as the season progresses

Holl and Giordano played really tight, as did Liljegren and Sandin. What I didn't like was that there were more shots than I'd really like to see, but what I did like is they really limited the 2nd chances.

There were a couple of passengers tonight maybe Sheldon should open the door to a couple of other guys and find out how hungry they are.

Maybe Steeves and Gaudette up and send down Mete, Robbie and maybe someone else and have Kerfoot sit in the press box and have a think.

GLG

Last edited:

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Yeah and for the ridiculous Reilly trash talk, take a wander to the Oilers forum where they have to pay Nurse 9.25/year for the next million years and they are trashing him badly. Only in Leafs forum would everyone trash our top d while he's injured because we're winning.

I posted in Rielly's injury thread that there would be multiple people saying we don't need Rielly as soon as we win without him because that's how a significant amount of our fanbase react... such a short term memory, forgetting how important Rielly has always been in the playoffs for the Leafs.

Fun fact, the Leafs are 30 - 15 - 2 without Auston Mathews which is a better record than the Leafs without Rielly. When you have a good team, they tend to pick up the slack when a key player(s) is/are injured.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Mick said some nice things about MM, and the how how dominant the big 4 are, nice of him I thought

Leafs provided some chills and thrills tonight on both sides of the puck, they also had a couple of white knuckles on the wheel moments as well

Bunts wasn't too happy about that hook he took in the 3rd, it was pretty chintzy but they let the Wings go on a couple of those. The boys picked him up though and just smothered the Wings PP, they did pretty well on the other two, the kill should gets some props tonight.

5v5 they were pretty good but not great, Dirty Murr had to work hard all night to keep the game in control, 43 shots isn't something you should be giving any team, Detroit has some real skill, you really shouldn't give them blueline like that. Once and awhile someone needs to step up and put somebody on their arse.

My 3

2nd Star Timothy Liljegren he's showing more and more, why some people had him in the top 10 and some even the top 5.

3rd Star Auston Matthews don't tell the rest of the league but I think he's finally awake.

Honorable mention to the Wings 4th line, big fast and smart players. They forecheck hard put on lots of pressure down low.

Mete had 18 mins tonight, didn't look horrible, seems to be gaining confidence in his game, but like Malgin strength could be an issue for him in the long run.

MM just does a bunch of stuff really good, and does the other stuff great. He does make mistakes on rare occasions, but he's cleaning those up as the season progresses

Holl and Giordano played really tight, as did Liljegren and Sandin. What I didn't like was that there were more shots than I'd really like to see, but what I did like is they really limited the 2nd chances.

There were a couple of passengers tonight maybe Sheldon should open the door to a couple of other guys and find out how hungry they are.

Maybe Steeves and Gaudette up and send down Mete, Robbie and maybe someone else and have Kerfoot sit in the press box and have a think.

GLG
To be honest again
I’m just having fun
Mick was one of my all time non leaf players , met him a couple of times …
Terrific gentleman
I just like bringing out these greats from the past
GLG brotha

Reactions: LeafSteel

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
I posted in Rielly's injury thread that there would be multiple people saying we don't need Rielly as soon as we win without him because that's how a significant amount of our fanbase react... such a short term memory, forgetting how important Rielly has always been in the playoffs for the Leafs.

Fun fact, the Leafs are 30 - 15 - 2 without Auston Mathews which is a better record than the Leafs without Rielly. When you have a good team, they tend to pick up the slack when a key player(s) is/are injured.
That’s just silly talk from some …
GLG

Reactions: Community

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Impossible but tags Thompson would be the perfect fit for this forward group. Ouf.

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
Mick said some nice things about MM, and the how how dominant the big 4 are, nice of him I thought

Leafs provided some chills and thrills tonight on both sides of the puck, they also had a couple of white knuckles on the wheel moments as well

Bunts wasn't too happy about that hook he took in the 3rd, it was pretty chintzy but they let the Wings go on a couple of those. The boys picked him up though and just smothered the Wings PP, they did pretty well on the other two, the kill should gets some props tonight.

My 3

2nd Star Timothy Liljegren he's showing more and more, why some people had him in the top 10 and some even the top 5.

Honorable mention to the Wings 4th line, big fast and smart players. They forecheck hard put on lots of pressure down low.

Mete had 18 mins tonight, didn't look horrible, seems to be gaining confidence in his game, but like Malgin strength could be an issue for him in the long run.

GLG
Love the wings grit in the bottom , and as far as AM
I actually think he’s been playing his best hockey of his career … goals will always come for players of his skill , im really excited about his commitment to Defense that’s been getting better every year
And your absolutely right about passengers
By the way great song by the Iggy and the stooges

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Murray with another outstanding game. He’s so solid and calm and that permeates to the team. Even when they scored their second goal, he just wouldn’t allow the next goal. In years past, Andersen, Reimer, or Campbell would have allowed the next goal leading to a collapse. It’s no accident this team is playing confidently right now. Even Holl had another great game (never thought I’d ever say that).

We’re doing the little things like blocking shots and boxing out and not blowing the zone, etc that all elite teams do virtually every game. Very impressive team and feels different from other years. I call it the Murray effect.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Murray faced a lot of shots. He’s been excellent. Marner is a machine. Tough to win that last road trip game after 5 games in 7 days and 4 road games in a row. Can forgive hanging on the last period.

Have to ask though. What was Tavares doing there?

Reactions: Teeder Keon

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Nah it's just a silly argument cus causation isn't correlation.
I think you have it backwards.

"Correlation does not imply causation."

Just because two things happen sequentially (or simultaneously), does not mean that they are necessarily related.

In this case, just because Reilly missing games and our win streak correspond, does not mean that Reilly's absence is the cause of the streak.

Of course neither does it mean it isn't.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Few of us have actually witnessed cups
At my age , I find this a great diversion and get a kick out of it , it’s fun …
The cards I have ….
They just gone to me ?? Don’t know why
But most here are fun to banter with and if you played and coached as long as i have you can’t stop what’s winning lol
It’s great that most of you get a kick out of it , I’ve been inspired by a lot of brilliant posters here with their wit ..and deep deep references
GFLG
Like you, my last was in '67. Played until my early 20s, then the knees got taken away, and here I thought I was invincible. Don't know where my cards went it was so long ago. Cheers.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
Hot and spicy, baby!
Just how I like it! baby!!! AWWWWWOOOOOO!!! NOW WE TALKIN!!!!!

RE: Reilly bashing

Where I agree -- he hasn't been good enough in his own end to start this season.

Where I disagree -- it's just a slow start and not a full season, when he gets going he gives us good value on the contract, he's decent post season.
Yeah ... well... I mean... when people of 'way less talent' can up and do better.. you gotta question trading him while his value is decent... No disrespect to Morgan.. but I mean, facts are facts... the team is ACTUALLY! playing better without him... =/

ETA: Gio is a puckin beastttt!!!! worth his weight in gold! amazing signing! love the guy!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad