Post-Game Talk: LEAFS WIN 4-2: Hey Jets is there anything better than losing to the Leafs

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Reaves was a huge difference.. Gives the team a mean and bullying side which will be key in the playoffs. Dont know what they did to utilize him effectively this game but of they can do that consistently he could be a key factor

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
I think that disallowed goal wasn't a Leafs thing. Just a bad call made on the ice and the Ref didn't have the balls to admit it was the wrong call and reverse it.

Anyone with eyes and a faint grasp on the rules knows it was a good goal.

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
I think they micro dosed him with some LSD and then convinced him the puck was the size of a basketball and that he could see and stop them all.

I thought he was on acid before he went for "therapy". Maybe they just needed to manage the doseages.

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
That called-back goal was such a joke. I get that the refs are going to make mistakes on the ice, but when they get the chance to review the play over and over in slow-mo replay and still screw it up? With essentially no explanation? That's either incompetence or crookedness.

Great to see the Leafs keep grinding and not letting that be a turning point. :handclap:
Surely you know that the Leafs have the refs and the league in their back pocket, right?

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country

Top Five Leafs statistically tonight were Tavares, Benoit, Gregor, Reaves, and Giordano. Just like we all expected. :nod:

How is Nylander's on-ice offense so different from Tavares and Bertuzzi...?

Anyway Matthews had a pretty stinky game before the goal, lots of unnecessary turnovers. Winnipeg losing to a bunch of redemption narratives is funny though.

Shooter14

57 years now and still hoping.
Feb 5, 2018
Matthews is a beast, on a totally different level. Speaking of depth, what happens if Matthews has a season ending injury? Taveras maybe? I doubt it. Nothing else on the team can even come close! That's how bad this team is up the middle, even if you move Nylander to the first line, won't help much, the injury will affect the whole line up, it will be in disarray.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Matthews is a beast, on a totally different level. Speaking of depth, what happens if Matthews has a season ending injury? Taveras maybe? I doubt it. Nothing else on the team can even come close! That's how bad this team is up the middle, even if you move Nylander to the first line, won't help much, the injury will affect the whole line up, it will be in disarray.

… not many teams can effectively replace a 40 goal in 47 game player

Leafs98

Sep 26, 2007
Man the Jets panicked multiple times when Marner and Matthews were on the ice. Like literally passing to invisible teammates and falling over each other in scramble. Guess they'll do that to ya.

Reactions: ToneDog and Lilou

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
Our top heavy build make us unbeatable when they get goaltending.

We could have a 10+ game winning streak at a point in the season if we had goaltending

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad