Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 2-1

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Much better team play overall .. Matty and Lily make a difference when they show up .. Woll had a solid game .. Kerfoot brings an element of speed upfront that we need .. Lafferty is not as fast as reported .. basically we have Kerfoot Willy and Jarnkrok who can fly left .. we can't lose any more speed as we will need it when game pace picks up 20% in playoffs

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I thought JT had a really solid game. Fantastic defensive game for a change and was noticeable everywhere
I thought he looked better the previous few games. Maybe being on the wing, or maybe just the difference between ROR and Kerfoot (I preferred Jarnkrok on that line).

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I think Willie blow the zone a bit too often to pair with ROR.
Pairing with ROR might make Will pull the reins in a little, and have him play a more disciplined game. The kind of game that champions play
Jarnkrok was very noticeable tonight.

Happy to see Schenn cracking skulls.

Great performance by Woll. Solid defense near the end.

Kadri looked like a chump out there.
Kadri was Calgarys best player, he fearless, he plays both ends of the ice and he does those little things that more of the present Leafs should do. He was far from being a chump.
Marner single handly put the team on his back and inspired them to the win……job well done
He's been doing that since he's been here, if his teams ever win a couple of Lord Stanley's, and I've been saying this his second year, he'll go down as the greatest Leaf ever.
Not sure we'll see a forward acquisition. Really believe Dubas is set on Knies being that guy. Hoping he can give us even a little spart.
I get that feeling now as well. There is enough character and leadership in this dressing room that Knies won't feel any pressure to be a savior of any kind. He'll get some ice time and depending on how things work out even a little bit of time with the big boys.

Reactions: Da Cool Rula

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Marner had a great game, but, those 2 back passes in his own end in the last 5 minutes nearly cost the team.

He can’t be doing that come playoff time
This. I mean Marner's still my MVP last night because that goal was amazing and we really needed someone to score at that time but how he can pull 2 moves that boneheaded in the closing minutes is beyond me. According to some people he's the smartest player ever to play the game, is it even possible that he gets smarter between now and when the playoffs start? I sure hope so because you're spot on with the bolded.

Woll was great, you never know, he could even be the goalie of the future.

I was so happy when we traded for Schenn and after watching him last night I'm even happier. Should we get to the 3rd round of the playoffs (stop laughing), mark my words, Schenn will be a big part of why.

Da Cool Rula

Sep 8, 2017
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Pairing with ROR might make Will pull the reins in a little, and have him play a more disciplined game. The kind of game that champions play

Kadri was Calgarys best player, he fearless, he plays both ends of the ice and he does those little things that more of the present Leafs should do. He was far from being a chump.

He's been doing that since he's been here, if his teams ever win a couple of Lord Stanley's, and I've been saying this his second year, he'll go down as the greatest Leaf ever.

I get that feeling now as well. There is enough character and leadership in this dressing room that Knies won't feel any pressure to be a savior of any kind. He'll get some ice time and depending on how things work out even a little bit of time with the big boys.
Wow really solid post!!!

This. I mean Marner's still my MVP last night because that goal was amazing and we really needed someone to score at that time but how he can pull 2 moves that boneheaded in the closing minutes is beyond me. According to some people he's the smartest player ever to play the game, is it even possible that he gets smarter between now and when the playoffs start? I sure hope so because you're spot on with the bolded.

I was so happy when we traded for Schenn and after watching him last night I'm even happier. Should we get to the 3rd round of the playoffs (stop laughing), mark my words, Schenn will be a big part of why.
I know I can't say it.... but Woll is our best goalie. Whether we like him or not Kyper just said on the radio he likes him more then Sammy.

Hands down Murray right now, going into the playoffs is our best choice. But yeah nervous about the health aspect.

Da Cool Rula

Sep 8, 2017
Montego Bay, Jamaica

What if Marmer was injured and Matthews had to carry the team? Not sure we'd have the same success.

And yeah this is the Schenn I wanted to see after he was drafted. But unfortunately stupid leafs back then rushed him as an 18 year.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I know I can't say it.... but Woll is our best goalie. Whether we like him or not Kyper just said on the radio he likes him more then Sammy.

Hands down Murray right now, going into the playoffs is our best choice. But yeah nervous about the health aspect.
Really, wow! If it's true then that's great news for us anyway!

Jun 27, 2005
You keep being you Gary, but you will always be remembered as a Marner hater no matter how much pseudo praise you give him.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
You keep being you Gary, but you will always be remembered as a Marner hater no matter how much pseudo praise you give him.
:laugh::laugh:

I'd say about 98% of what I've ever posted about Marner has been complimentary. If that 2% makes me a hater in your eyes then you have issues my friend. No player is perfect, not even Marner.

BTW, is my agreeing with the other poster that Marner pulled a couple of boneheaded moves in the closing minutes "pseudo praise" according to you? Just asking because I though it was straightforward criticism.

Wait are you living in Bizarro world? You know, that place where up is down, praise is criticism etc.?

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
If a player made a bad play, he made a bad play. Just like if a player had a bad game, he had a bad game. You can’t sugarcoat a player making a bad play or had a bad game. You can justify by saying they had an off night or playing hurt….
Reilly, AM and JT had been more miss than hit this season. Are we haters for pointing out they are not pulling their weight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad