Confirmed with Link: Leafs will pick 1st pick in the 2016 NHL draft! Pt.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
I can't believe this... Of all the crap we constantly put up with, it's nice to see things finally going our way. We as fans deserve this. And I'm loving this management, what leadership and vision. Things are coming together.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Excited to get Mathews.

Now what do we do about JVR? If only we could just sign him for 6m x 6 now, starting at the end of this contract term. Right now I feel compelled to keep him around.

I think Carrick is a gamer which was a surprise. We need a G that's solid. If we could get a top 4D with the abundance of picks we're sitting pretty.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Suddenly became deep down the middle
Matthews, Nylander, Kadri, Bozak, Gauthier and possibly Mitchell Marner and other potential UFAs.

It may not be the biggest group, but it certainly is one of the most skilled. Also not too much of a cap burden either...at least not yet. Also loving having two-way guys there. Hope they can mimic the krejci and bergeron duo Boston has been running with.

Bergeron? No. You're talking about the best 2-way centre in the game. And by a mile. Nothing we have looks like that.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Bergeron? No. You're talking about the best 2-way centre in the game. And by a mile. Nothing we have looks like that.

How can you know? When the Bruins selected Bergeron, they didn't even know what they were getting. Hence why he went 45 not top 5 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad