Not open for further replies.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Auston2.jpg

Last edited:

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
Am I the only one who secretly wished to get the second pick ? To draft Laine and sign Stamkos this off season.

I was hoping we win the lottery but if we ended with #2, I would be just as excited.

When I saw the Oilers at #4, I was screaming louder than we won - Top 3 was the sweet spot in this draft.

Off Topic : That Laine interview lying down was so chill, kid was boss... LOL

Picku Materinu

Aug 26, 2014
Leafs cannot lose momentum here, they need to draft good D prospect at 30-ish and sign Stamkos. Concerned they will become satisfied and miss the opportunities.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
They should trade down in the 1st round and get a Dmen with another pick. But knowing Edmonton, they are probably planning something big.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
Yep. If he wants to play center, it won't be in Toronto. I can't see them moving Nylander back to the wing full time, and if the Leafs draft Matthews, putting him on the wing would be idiotic.

However, Stamkos might look at the passes some of Toronto's young guys are capable of and decide wing ain't so bad.

My concern becomes salary. You can't go crazy investing in Stamkos long term if it messes up the possibility of re-signing the young stars.

You're saying a rookie would get centre ice priority over a player of Stamkos' caliber? What world do you live on.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Indeed, and at 11-1 odds according to TSN.

10-1

Odds are written like (number of cases where it doesn't happen)-(number of cases where it does happen)

so 10 losses, 1 win would be 10-1

I also saw a very funny tweet from Down Goes Brown relating to that. The 20% offs of winning Matthews is 4-1 in odds terms(80% is 4 times 20% so 4 cases we lose, 1 we don't) so it was 4 to 1 we would get Matthews

He tweeted "It was 4 to 1" as a parody to the Leafs 4 to 1 lead against Boston. Made me laugh

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010

I know close only counts in horseshoes and hand-grenades, but could you guys imagine :help:

D3ADLY

Jan 8, 2009
Twitter @AgentDeadly
If everything goes well this is how my top 6 would look like for start of next season..

JvR - Stamkos - Marner
Kadri - Matthews - Nylander

#TradeBozak
Trade mid Picks
Acquire a Goalie
Acquire a stay at home D Man who can eat up minutes

We might be a Playoff team as early as next season.

Some of you might say this is wishful thinking but i guess wishes do come true (Matthews ;) )

#TML100years
#buyStamkos
#dynastyinmaking

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
If everything goes well this is how my top 6 would look like for start of next season..

JvR - Stamkos - Marner
Kadri - Matthews - Nylander

#TradeBozak
Trade mid Picks
Acquire a Goalie
Acquire a stay at home D Man who can eat up minutes

We might be a Playoff team as early as next season.

Some of you might say this is wishful thinking but i guess wishes do come true (Matthews ;) )

#TML100years
#buyStamkos
#dynastyinmaking

If we got Stamkos as well I would go more with:
LW-Stamkos-Nylander (need a LW who will work the corners/physical and retrieve pucks for the skilled guys. Stamkos had Killorn/Callahan in TB).
JVR-Matthews-RW (get a look at Marner, Hyman also a good option).
Komarov-Kadri-Soshnikov (this will be a very tough 3rd line to handle, the type that championship teams have as a 3rd).

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Suddenly became deep down the middle
Matthews, Nylander, Kadri, Bozak, Gauthier and possibly Mitchell Marner and other potential UFAs.

It may not be the biggest group, but it certainly is one of the most skilled. Also not too much of a cap burden either...at least not yet. Also loving having two-way guys there. Hope they can mimic the krejci and bergeron duo Boston has been running with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad