Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Sens-Split Squad- 1 PM and 7 PM

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
I keep hearing how Ottawa is so improved. Obv not the best judge of that in these two games but they were 27 points out of a playoff spot and you don’t make up that gap by just acquiring a small one dimensional sniper and an over the hill ginger
Their top 6 is pretty sick and Forsberg had an approx 12 gsax on a shitty defensive team. I'll be taking these guys seriously this season. We know first hand that above average offense, hard working forwards and goaltending to offset bad D can take you from last place to the playoffs.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Their top 6 is pretty sick and Forsberg had an approx 12 gsax on a shitty defensive team. I'll be taking these guys seriously this season. We know first hand that above average offense, hard working forwards and goaltending to offset bad D can take you from last place to the playoffs.
I'll be taking them seriously. I was saying it yesterday... offense is going to be pretty good. I think along with who they got the younger guys are maturing so they should do well there.

However the D still isn't looking all that great to me. The goaltending still needs to prove itself too. He did well last year but goalies can be all over unless it's basically Vasilevskiy or Shesterkin.

They may surprise but that's a large gap to cover in one season. Everything has to gel and come together.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I'll be taking them seriously. I was saying it yesterday... offense is going to be pretty good. I think along with who they got the younger guys are maturing so they should do well there.

However the D still isn't looking all that great to me. The goaltending still needs to prove itself too. He did well last year but goalies can be all over unless it's basically Vasilevskiy or Shesterkin.

They may surprise but that's a large gap to cover in one season. Everything has to gel and come together.
Besides, they are usually up for games against the Leafs.

Reactions: Its not your fault

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I keep hearing how Ottawa is so improved. Obv not the best judge of that in these two games but they were 27 points out of a playoff spot and you don’t make up that gap by just acquiring a small one dimensional sniper and an over the hill ginger
Well Stutzle, Tkachuk and Norris are 20, 22 and 23 respectively and are all getting better. Talbot will play better than Murray did in net. And with better scoring balance I doubt they are affected like last year when their first line missed a combined total of 55 games. Playoff team? Who knows but they will be a lot better.

Reactions: kevsh

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
You're welcome.

Reminds me that I bought fixings for a stew......but not today - ribs will go on at first puck drop today.
Ribs was Thursday for the Steeler game ☹️

1664031724492.jpeg

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009

It was definitely a big gap from last wild card to 9th let alone where Sens finished lol. But relatively speaking their little baby battle of last wild card is a reasonable test they have a chance to pass. Definitely not any where ready for the battles that compose our tests.

Reactions: Duffman955

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
One thing with the Sens' top 6 is that all 6 of them were very reliant on PP production for their nice offensive years last year.

But two of them at least won't be getting that top unit PP time this year. Probably Batherson and Norris maybe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad