Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Penguins | 7:00PM | Saturday Oct. 11, 2014 | CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Yup! And you can play them 10 minutes a game without feeling worried, which makes your other lines fresher and better

Except the first line because they MUST out play every other line by ridiculous amount. :laugh:

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
This is what it has come to? If we are playing our 4th line that much, it doesn't auger well that the rest of the team is doing well.

Maybe we should play Santa's line 20 mins a game, best line opening night. Liked their offensive zone time.

Let's do 3rd and 4th line mins, and demote the top 6 to less mins. That might work. :sarcasm:

I think you see more dividends from a 4 line strategy at the 60 game mark than you do now. Keeps your top players fresher, and fatigue can also greatly increase the risk of injuries (IMO).

The other thing is that our top lines both love scoring on the rush. If we could get more of a cycle game going when we have the lead, I think our d-corps would suddenly start looking stronger when they have a few easy shifts along the way.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
i think we should just roll 4 lines. they should all get equal ice time IMO.

i think that might be a better approach down the stretch and it shows that it's a team effort rather than leaning on certain guys day in and day out.

with PP time and PK time, it's fine if some players have a few more minutes than others, but I don't like seeing a huge disparity.

short shifts where everyone plays 100% is the way to go

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
i think we should just roll 4 lines. they should all get equal ice time IMO.

i think that might be a better approach down the stretch and it shows that it's a team effort rather than leaning on certain guys day in and day out.

with PP time and PK time, it's fine if some players have a few more minutes than others, but I don't like seeing a huge disparity.

short shifts where everyone plays 100% is the way to go

I agree with rolling 4 lines that are all responsible for defense/offense.
What we need is to pair players up per line and make sure each one has a solid defensive player.
4 centers Bozak,Kadri,Santa,Holland
4 scorers Kessel,JVR,Lupul,Clarkson(I guess)
Now add a D element to each line. Instead of a weak top 6 getting scored on and a weak bottom 6 not being able to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad