Series Talk: Leafs Vs Lightning- Thunderstruck

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
I bet you this series will be the opposite of last series. Matthews/Marner on fire. Lighting up the lamp but still lose due to goaltending.

Reactions: ShaneFalco

fillkessel

Nov 17, 2010
Thankfully Tampa has been playing their best hockey of the season thus far. We usually beat elite teams with ease and lose to the lower tier teams that haven’t won a game for 8 or 9 games. Should be ez

Reactions: crump and AvroArrow

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
Let’s go get ‘em. They are a great team. After we win this series, we know there is no team in the league we can’t beat.

Reactions: crump

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Appreciate the support and all considering pretty much every fanbase hates us, but your team is in the playoffs too you know! You guys smashing the Oilers would give me great joy so don’t forget to focus some energy there. We’ll even lend you Clifford for a game or two for a chin check on Evander Kane once he starts running around.
I'm ordering the Leafs Clifford shirt in support of your playoff run this year! I'm hopping on the bandwagon early! 💕

lf

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
I knew the minute we lost to the Habs that there was nothing the leafs could do to shut haters up for at least 12 months. It’s finally here. No better first round match up than the Champs. I honestly believe it’s their time. lets do this.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
LIKE yeah mayne! :clap: :leafs: We gon BOUNCE TO THE OUNCE ON THIS ONE! The confidence is here! HERE! We gangsta! We talented! AND ready! This is ours and y'all already KNEW IT! Hard. That's nice tosee!

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
115 point season, improved depth in the forwards and d-man, 60 goal scorer, everyone is healthy going into the playoffs (bunting and kase apparently very close of playing), can't ask for anything more going into the playoffs.

Best players need to show up and depth needs to play well to beat this Tampa team, definitely is do-able task. We waited 82 games to see what this team can do come playoff time now.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Perry better keep his crap to a minimum. Otherwise Simmonds will have to give him the smoke.

Nervous about this series. Was praying for Boston or Washington.

Reactions: AvroArrow

danny90

Nov 27, 2019
I expect Matthews and Marner to be next level this series. You’ve seen it all year, when they are on its lights out and they both seem to have another gear they play at when they are feeling it.
Can’t wait! GLG!

Reactions: WillyC

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Point and Kuch really took a dive this year not just in production but even more so in underlying metrics.

To your point though - I definitely think they'll both step it up significantly higher than that number there during the playoffs, while Matthews and Marner are going to have to prove they can carry their crazy number there into the playoffs.

The thing about Hedman is that he just doesn't have the greatest defensive impact, nor does he face the toughest matchups (McDonagh pair does that).....he has the best number there on either team and deserves it, but I get why it's not higher than that.
Tampa as a team didn’t really give a damn all year until the last couple weeks. (Kuch and Point’s numbers are useless)

The Bolts are very dangerous when engaged. That said I think you guys have the magic and this is the year your team has finally matured and is ready to win a round. I’m nervous for the Lightning.

Good luck guys. I will tell you it won’t be easy. Bolts are better than you think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad