Series Talk: Leafs vs Lightning Pre-Playoff Thread

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Honestly no clue how anyone can be optimistic about this team anymore. Are you all new fans in the past couple years?

People everywhere talking game 7 like its a given we make it that far. I don't see us making it past game 6 this year.
At this point you just hope that it finally clicks with the players. In 2018 I had pretty much given up on the Caps ever winning. Then they went down 2 games to nothing versus Columbus and we know what happened.

Bottom line is we just don't know so go in with low expectations and hope you get pleasantly surprised.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
I'm dying man. You run your mouth the most out of everyone but also wholeheartedly and genuinely think Leafs are sweeping Tampa :laugh:

Wtf
Our top guys are cheat codes and I believe in them 100% and will sink or swim with them.

Not even Dubas' stupidity and the mediocre supporting cast can hold them back if they show up. Tampa will be begging for mercy.

Matthews will eventually take over this league. Why not this year?

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Our top guys are cheat codes and I believe in them 100% and will sink or swim with them.

Not even Dubas' stupidity and the mediocre supporting cast can hold them back if they show up. Tampa will be begging for mercy.

Matthews will eventually take over this league. Why not this year?
hopefully Matthews does this!

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Leafs in 7 only because I'm not voting against my team in the playoffs. That's absurd. You have to put it all on the line for the boys in the playoffs and save the shit talking for regular season and off-season.

Realistically though I think we're total ass compared to Tampa as far as playoff hockey is concerned (It's still regular season).
That has to be earned and as of yet they have not earned it. Add in the fact that they are barely a .500 team since the trade deadline doesn’t inspire much confidence

Reactions: Leterman

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
At this point you just hope that it finally clicks with the players. In 2018 I had pretty much given up on the Caps ever winning. Then they went down 2 games to nothing versus Columbus and we know what happened.

Bottom line is we just don't know so go in with low expectations and hope you get pleasantly surprised.
1680499429673.gif

Reactions: BallardEra

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
He wasn't 100% for the entire series. Game 7 was just the peak.

Muzzin took care of the rest.

This has to be a concern for almost everyone no?

This isn't minor stuff. Point @ 100% and no Muzzin is very serious factors.
No Muzzin definitely worries me to a degree as well but McCabe looks solid enough.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Voting against a possible win is not hoping they dont win. Will not change the outcome in any way or form.
If Keefe will manage the players as he has up til now it will be over in game 6. So it is mostly up to Keefe. Get the boys prepared in all the ways nessesary. GIve the 4 best players the best chances to make the team succede. Dont put Tavares with Nylander. Etc Etc....

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Still always silly to call gimmick losses "loser points".

I've held this view forever as it's not real hockey and is going to cost actual better hockey teams positions.

Calgary the big loser this year in the sense of how many coin flips havnt gone their way and might miss the playoffs. They have as many actual losses as Tampa this season.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
He wasn't 100% for the entire series. Game 7 was just the peak.
Muzzin took care of the rest.
This has to be a concern for almost everyone no?
This isn't minor stuff. Point @ 100% and no Muzzin is very serious factors.
Point was 100% until partway through game 7, and Tampa is the one that didn't replace their departing shutdown defenseman.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
The most important players in this series will be the ones wearing the striped jerseys. Leafs didn't lose to T.B, they lost to the refs and whatever influences leaned on them to ensure such an insulting series.

if the Leafs get the same call benefits in their favour as T.B did last year in their favour, Tampa will be lucky to get to Game Six. That is how.poor the officiating was.
It's the same game in professional fighting. Trying to beat the incumbent through decision is a fools errand. You need to knock the champ out. Take it out of the officials hands.

Reactions: TorMapleJays

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
According to most, it's all on the players now. GM, coaching, scouting, management have done their jobs. It's on the players.
I would say this is mostly true. Keefe is the only one who can make a difference now.

The players have to get it done past the first 5 games.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Honestly no clue how anyone can be optimistic about this team anymore. Are you all new fans in the past couple years?

People everywhere talking game 7 like its a given we make it that far. I don't see us making it past game 6 this year.
What else do you suggest we do? Go into the playoffs whining about the last 6 years? I'm not sure what being negative about it before the first game even happens is going to do for you.

Try to enjoy it, it's a fun time of year.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
it’s still too early to predict. Got to see how bad the injuries are. Sergachev would be a devastating loss to Tampa.

Special teams are always a factor and Tampa is trending in the right direction.
Keefe's PP = Achilles heel.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Leafs are 8-6-2 since March 1st. Now, most of these games are fairly meaningless and it's mostly been for Keefe getting new guys adjusted and experimenting with the lineups, but not exactly hitting a stride going into playoffs. I hope they're just conserving themselves and will be ready to go in a few weeks at full steam.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
I like the idea of JT or ROR being on the third line, but I think Keefe prefers them both in the top 6.

If he does "stack" the top two lines, do you think he should go back to JT-ROR-Marner and put Nylander with Matthews and Jarnkrok?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad