Series Talk: Leafs vs Lightning Pre-Playoff Thread

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Agreed. Tampa is definitely not that good.
They don't have to be as good. They have a great team and their tender just needs to do what he does and they win. It really is 50/50 because of the tending. Literally a tender that could stonewall us and then Boston right after.

Reactions: TorMapleJays

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
I went with Leafs in 6. Results made me chuckle, we all had the same thought process. Leaf are winning this one, it will be close, ok we suck game 7, LEAFS in 6 !!! all day.

Tampa is weaker this time around. I'm still buffled they thought Palat @6mill is expansive .

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
Anyone who doesn't vote "respect in the handshake line" has no grasp on reality. 99.9% chance it will be respect in the handshake line, 95% chance it's yet another 7 game series for this core. It was another "fun" regular season, but let's not kid ourselves this time, we all know the offseason thread will be open after round 1 again this year.

Reactions: Leterman

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Anyone who doesn't vote "respect in the handshake line" has no grasp on reality. 99.9% chance it will be respect in the handshake line, 95% chance it's yet another 7 game series for this core. It was another "fun" regular season, but let's not kid ourselves this time, we all know the offseason thread will be open after round 1 again this year.
They are at the point now that win or lose ‘respect in the handshake line’ is a given.

Reactions: TorMapleJays

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I feel like this wont go 7 this time, im just hoping thats good news for us

For as insane a statistical improbability it is for the Leafs to lose 5 straight winner take all games, it’s nearly as improbable that every series since 2018 has gone the distance. That trend has to end eventually, and like you I’m hoping that that means the result will favour us.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Leafs have to win this. To me, it's unacceptable to lose. Those that are saying "it's a coin flip" just want to excuse this core and Dubas once again. If they lose, Dubas/Keefe gotta go. Sick of all the excuses. Just get it done for once. This ain't a coin flip, Leafs have to take this. Enough. A loss shouldn't be accepted. No moral victories.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
It'll be a tough series - nobody should think otherwise.

Think the Leafs in six though. Tampa is a step behind what they were and the Leafs are a stronger group than last year - even with Muzzin out.

Vasy is the only X factor that might worry me. But the Leafs are owed a bit of luck when it comes to goaltending - either ours get super hot or someone'l else's will go cold

Reactions: bax

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
we even got Canucks fans voting on this poll, good job making a late season run to take yourselves out of the Bedard sweepstakes, joke franchise you have...., team sucks, but your riot game is on point lol
Nothing gains respect after your team loses like setting your neighbours business on fire. Lol.

Alamo Leafer

Help end animal cruelty
Sep 12, 2018
Gatineau, QC
Just an observation, the games left against Bruins & Lightnings, they'll be well rested with 4 days & 2 days off respectively against us.
Things could get tight towards the end the way Lightnings are playing as of late.

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
For some reason Point wasn’t very good last year, buti doubt it had anything to do with the injury he sustained in game 7.
He wasn't 100% for the entire series. Game 7 was just the peak.

Muzzin took care of the rest.

This has to be a concern for almost everyone no?

This isn't minor stuff. Point @ 100% and no Muzzin is very serious factors.

Reactions: myleafs and IPS

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
large

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Wish we could just fast forward to game 1, for better or worse.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Leafs in 7 only because I'm not voting against my team in the playoffs. That's absurd. You have to put it all on the line for the boys in the playoffs and save the shit talking for regular season and off-season.

Realistically though I think we're total ass compared to Tampa as far as playoff hockey is concerned (It's still regular season).

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Honestly no clue how anyone can be optimistic about this team anymore. Are you all new fans in the past couple years?

People everywhere talking game 7 like its a given we make it that far. I don't see us making it past game 6 this year.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
we even got Canucks fans voting on this poll, good job making a late season run to take yourselves out of the Bedard sweepstakes, joke franchise you have...., team sucks, but your riot game is on point lol

Vancouver CaSucks are gonna be the JOKE of the NHL for a long time :laugh:

Reactions: Cleetus

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
I see tonight's game caused a little snag in accumulating more Leafs in 4 members. Zero gain today. Business is slow.
I'm dying man. You run your mouth the most out of everyone but also wholeheartedly and genuinely think Leafs are sweeping Tampa :laugh:

Wtf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad