Pre-Game Talk: Leafs VS Islanders|7pm EST|TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I hope we blow out the islanders with a JVR hat trick, there fans seem to believe JVR didn't deserve his Olympic roster spot.

Still never understand why people get worked up about a two week exhibition tourney with phoney made up teams.

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
when is it time that raymond gets a healthy scratch? he's been invisible and playoffs have not even started yet

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
you cant possibly argue this trade, they basically traded a player who they arent using for another player whose style is more suited for what the team teams, at worst case scenerio gleason is **** and the trade becomes a wash...its a great trade for both teams..zero risk with potential reward

Unless Gleason returns to form, this trade is a complete and udder waste! Gleason was traded because he was playing sub-standard for the Canes. If he continues to play as bad as he was for the Canes, all he does is add to the poor quality of D we already have!

Liles, on the other hand, was playing half decent for us and the Marlies. I know Liles doesn't fit the Carlyle profile, but, he was better than Gardiner, Fraser, and yes, even Rielly! That's just MHO on the trade.

Oh, and I didn't even mention that we had to give up the extra prospect in the trade! I think it should have been the other way around the way Gleason was playing for them!

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Still never understand why people get worked up about a two week exhibition tourney with phoney made up teams.

Exhibition tourney? Phoney, made up teams? :shakehead

How can you say these things. These phoney, made up teams are a collection of mostly top, allstar players, that are playing together for their Country, and a Gold medal!!! ;)

In the case of Canada, hockey supremacy is on the line! The Canadian Junior team failed to deliver. Let's hope both our men's, and women's, Canadian Olympic Hockey teams do us proud!!!

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 27m
Carlyle is considering juggling his defence pairings. Look at practice today saw Gleason-Phaneuf, Gardiner-Rielly, Fraser-Franson.
Daviid Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 41m
No update yet on Carl Gunnarsson's MRI. Per Carlyle.
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 43m
Carlyle says Clarkson will go for a CT scan on injured left foot.

The Blue Leafs

Jan 3, 2014
Hamilton, ON
If you're not willing to deal with the disappointment of losing, do you deserve to celebrate if they win? :shakehead

I think every Leaf fan has had to deal with the dissapoinment of losing and has not had enough enjoyment from winning. For people who are pro "TANK" I think that is just wanting SOME enjoyment from the loses, as the end result of a top draft pick far outweighs finishing just outside the playoffs and not having anything to show for it.

If the Leafs finish just outside the playoffs once again, how much have we really gained for making the playoffs just one time in the last 10 calender years and NO Stud draft pick. Morgan Reilly is just to little for the losing this franchise has been producing, for to long.

PS. I am not pro tank, just understand why fans see the logic.

Penalty Kill Icing*

If you're not willing to deal with the disappointment of losing, do you deserve to celebrate if they win? :shakehead

You are not the one who gets a say on what I deserve and what not.

No need poking nose in others' business.

Did I tell you that calling Olympics a "phoney, exhibition" tournament is one of the most ridiculous things I've read lately. :shakehead

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I think every Leaf fan has had to deal with the dissapoinment of losing and has not had enough enjoyment from winning. For people who are pro "TANK" I think that is just wanting SOME enjoyment from the loses, as the end result of a top draft pick far outweighs finishing just outside the playoffs and not having anything to show for it.

If the Leafs finish just outside the playoffs once again, how much have we really gained for making the playoffs just one time in the last 10 calender years and NO Stud draft pick. Morgan Reilly is just to little for the losing this franchise has been producing, for to long.

PS. I am not pro tank, just understand why fans see the logic.

Anyone who thinks the Leafs are going to tank needs their head examined.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Rielly and Gardiner together. I'll take an educated guess that they'll look good one shift and a complete disaster the next. They both have been wildly inconsistent.

If Carlyle can keep Franson and Ranger away from top assignments, they'll be fine.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Exhibition tourney? Phoney, made up teams? :shakehead

How can you say these things. These phoney, made up teams are a collection of mostly top, allstar players, that are playing together for their Country, and a Gold medal!!! ;)

In the case of Canada, hockey supremacy is on the line! The Canadian Junior team failed to deliver. Let's hope both our men's, and women's, Canadian Olympic Hockey teams do us proud!!!

They are phony made up teams in that they're just a group of players thrown together with little or no practice as opposed to a team that has worked together since training.

These are NHL players -- their ultimate goal should be the Stanley Cup. Any game outside regular season or playoff NHL games is an exhibition game.

And do you really think a tourney where a really good team could be eliminated by a lucky break proves anything about hockey supremacy? :shakehead

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 27m
Carlyle is considering juggling his defence pairings. Look at practice today saw Gleason-Phaneuf, Gardiner-Rielly, Fraser-Franson.
Daviid Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 41m
No update yet on Carl Gunnarsson's MRI. Per Carlyle.
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 43m
Carlyle says Clarkson will go for a CT scan on injured left foot.

If gleason and phaneuf works out....I would freaking love it.

TheInsignia

Apr 12, 2013
Calgary, AB
p90l.jpg

996079_561159770627946_252924703_n.jpg

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
Rielly and Gardiner as a pair????..... Sure they can both skate but...... yikes!!!!!!

Anybody who wants to tank with 1/2 a season done really need to give their heads a shake (same as anyone who would wish the Leafs to tank at all!). Why would you want to quit already? Then, these same people would complain about finishing low all the time. Glad yous all aren't the GM on this team. Tank = quit. Quitters suck!!

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
New game, same story.

Outshot
Outplayed
Outmatched

Goalie stands on his head, we get a win

OR

Team collapses and gets destroyed, we lose

the first part is right, but more times than not, when the Leafs outshoot the opposition, they lose eg. Buffalo. It's better for them to get outshot, if it works, there's no need to fix it.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Rielly and Gardiner as a pair????..... Sure they can both skate but...... yikes!!!!!!

Anybody who wants to tank with 1/2 a season done really need to give their heads a shake (same as anyone who would wish the Leafs to tank at all!). Why would you want to quit already? Then, these same people would complain about finishing low all the time. Glad yous all aren't the GM on this team. Tank = quit. Quitters suck!!

they've done well actually the times they were playing together.

Audi*

Nov 22, 2009
to put kadri on the 4th line is pretty stupid imo. i would rather bench him then put him on the 4th line.

If you remember in the last episode of 24/7... carlyle and co were contemplating whether to put kadri on the 2nd or 4th line. Last year he produced with Orr on his line for half the season... i don't see why not. Secondly... he's been playing like absolute crap lately... so i wouldn't mind if he were to get less ice time. Holland is more deserving of #2 C right now IMO and kadri can't take a draw worth a crap so mcclement will remain the shutdown C.

Sorry naz.. but you're the weakest link. Don't be surprised if you see him on the 4th line

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
If gleason and phaneuf works out....I would freaking love it.

This Leaf team soooo deserve a break.
Having Gleason come in a be the partner for Phaneuf we have been looking for by accident would be just to good for us fans. Oh well, I can dream until game time. Probably won't happen though :(

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
So all this negativity, after getting points in 6/7 games, and a 3 game win streak. :shakehead

If they continue to not work (not likely), then be concerned.

I said the same thing.. was told it was fluke wins because our goalies stood on there heads.. people on HF boards never fail to make me laugh.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Would love if Gleason worked with Phaneuf, but I'd love it even more if Gardiner played and worked with Phaneuf... DFD with an OFD on each pairing (Phaneuf plays as the DFD even though he's more of a TWD).

Gardiner - Phaneuf
Rielly - Gunnarson
Gleason - Franson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad