Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Flyers - Schenn returns....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Bryzgalov has never lost against the Leafs :help:

5-0-0 .956SV% 1.21GAA.

Doesn't really matter though, we were terrible 2007 onwards and did pretty bad on our Western road trips.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
It will be interesting to be on the other end of the Schenn defensive lapses.

Let's just hope he isn't up to hitting.

This may be the first Phaneuf on Schenn hit in history; wouldn't that be something?

The one thing I remember from the Leafs of the past few years; was that they used to come off huge one-sided games into the next game; very poorly. Hopefully they can keep some momentum going.

Philly hasn't exactly been impressive this year. We can take this game.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
I'm not so sure we will win. We're playing great and on a roll, but we beat some weak teams (which is still a good sign).

1. We have a piss poor home record, the ACC is a toxic place to play

2. We suck against Philly usually. Last year we went 0-3-1, the year before I think it was 1-2-1 or 1-3-0 or something like that, and going even farther back I think we only have a couple of wins over the last few years against them. They give us a very hard time, as their team is quite physical and strong along the boards. However this year they've been underachieving majorly.

I hope we win, but I wouldn't bet on it.

It'll be nice to see Luke again. Always loved that guy. He would've been a perfect fit with Carlyle.

Asif16*

So what are the chances of colton orr being suspended for tommrow? I hope not. I doubt he will get suspended but every article i read, they keep saying colton orr tried to KNEE. Like are you serious?? But he is playing tomm right?

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Keep these ***** in the basement. If the buds can bring the same intensity they had against the smurfs, should be a W. Nice to see Luke back though.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
I wonder if schenns foot speed has gotten better or if he still has cement feet?

Philly is hungry we have to weather the storm in the 1st 10 min and make a push to play our game after that

I recall reading that he lost ~20 lbs this past off-season? That'll help.

Penalty Kill Icing*

I don't feel that Schenn is part of Leafs anymore, which is normal and expected.

What isn't normal though is that I still don't feel like JvR is a Leaf in spite of his 7 goals. :(

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
This is a big game. If the Leafs want to see the playoffs they have to win at home and be able to beat teams like the Flyers. It won't be easy, but Leafs will have to tough out a win. Will be good to see how Luke has been doing over there, though hope JVR really shines.

Hope Kessel can keep this hot streak going for as long as possible. Though if not maybe the Kadri/Frattin duo will strike again :).

And of course I hope Reimer has a good showing. He's really played well this year and seems to be that guy we saw before the concussion.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
I hope the Leafs didn't forget what happened at the ACC last year and lay the absolute smackdown right all over them. Please ****ing beat that team.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
W.SIMMONDS GIROUX BRIERE
MCGINN B.SCHENN VORACEK
M.READ COUTURIER KNUBLE
FEDOTENKO TALBOT RINALDO

TIMONEN SCHENN
COBURN GERVAIS
GROSSMAN K.FOSTER

BRYZGALOV
BOUCHER

not as dangerous looking without hartnell and jagr

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Amazing the complete 180 spin in public approval for Luke Schenn.

Alls I know is that I was one of the very first ones to call it like it is...Schenn sucks.

You didn't call ****. Schenn has been good for the Flyers this year. He's playing the way he did for us in his third season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad