Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Flyers - Schenn returns....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Saw the Post Game Thread was almost at 1000, figured I might as well throw this up.

Leafs vs Flyers

Schenn and JVR face their old teams for the first time. Who will do better tommorow night?

Mod Edit: I don't care what they're saying on the Philly boards, please do not bring over posts from their PGT/GDT. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

KingBuzzo

A custom title.
Nov 3, 2010
Toronto
I hope Schenn has a good game. I loved that guy and always though he would have been a future captain, but then Wilson happened.

That being said, I hope the Leafs can bottle what they had in Montreal and keep rolling.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
VERY important game... The leafs have to prove they can get big wins against good teams. As of now 57 % of our wins are against the capitals and Canadiens... to likely non-playoff teams. Tommorow is more important then some of you think IMO if you can extend this streak to 6-7 games then playoffs are.. dare i say it - likely Toronto keep it going !!

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
I think the Flyers rolling into town is the perfect opponent to test whether this new team bonding is for real. Should be a fun game to watch. I always love watching Leafs-Flyers games.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
VERY important game... The leafs have to prove they can get big wins against good teams. As of now 57 % of our wins are against the capitals and Canadiens... to likely non-playoff teams. Tommorow is more important then some of you think IMO if you can extend this streak to 6-7 games then playoffs are.. dare i say it - likely Toronto keep it going !!

Flyers are at the bottom of the standings at the moment. Not really sure how good Phili is right now, everything is still to early to tell.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
line up, grabo suspended
jvr-bozak-kessel
komorov-mcclement-kulemin
macarther-kadri-frattin
maclaren-brown- orr, truculence

JMcLeaf

line up, grabo suspended
jvr-bozak-kessel
komorov-mcclement-kulemin
macarther-kadri-frattin
maclaren-brown- orr, truculence

He better not be suspended. If he is then we will probably see:

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Frattin-Kadri-Mac
Komarov-McClemment-Kulemin
McLaren-Steckel-Orr

But really Grabo should only get a warning

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
We need to keep the pressure on Philadelphia's defense. We need to beat them with speed and quick passes. Grabo line needs to play a strong defensive game and shut down the Giroux line, too much speed to play out fourth line against. Hoping our first line gets matched against the Couturier line and we can beat Knuble with speed and Read and Cuts with experience. Schenn line vs Kadri line will be interesting, I think the key two that lines success is going to be Mac because he is the outlier on these two very sheltered lines.

Speed and toughness is going to go both ways tomorrow. This game will come down to PP, PK and Goaltending.

GO LEAFS GO

I will be at the game and hope Schenn gets a standing ovation and mentioned during Lupe's Troops.

Last edited:

Doshy

Oct 7, 2007
Who do you guys think Schenn will fight? I assume it'll happen.

Here's hoping JVR will pot one.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Gotta win at home. 1-5 at home would be a great reason for concern, and I think it will erase most of the good vibes from the game in Montreal and the recent road trip overall.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Flyers seeming to start righting their ship.

I'm expecting the first extra time game of the season.

If we win, its still (at this point) another non-playoff team we've beaten.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Philly has been awful and they'll be looking at the Leafs as a way to get things back on track. Our fourth line risks getting exposed as do our slower defensemen. These are no smurfs that you can physically dominate and let the rest sort itself out.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Gotta win at home. 1-5 at home would be a great reason for concern, and I think it will erase most of the good vibes from the game in Montreal and the recent road trip overall.

I think Randy will have them prepared for this one.

We have a good streak going...we've come back from behind in 2 games, absolutely destroyed Montreal.

Doshy

Oct 7, 2007
Philly has been awful and they'll be looking at the Leafs as a way to get things back on track. Our fourth line risks getting exposed as do our slower defensemen. These are no smurfs that you can physically dominate and let the rest sort itself out.
They have cement-feet Schenn though.

Our speed can abuse their D just as much as their speed can abuse ours.

I think it'll be a good one.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I hope for the following things:

-JVR and Kessel to light up Luke Schenn and Kimmon Timonen
-Kadri to outscore Brayden Schenn, and maybe give him a bit hit for his trouble
-James Reimer to beat up Ilya Bryzgalov in a Potvin vs Hextall rematch

And a big Leafs win, obviously.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Why would Schenn fight anybody? The guy is averaging just over 20 minutes of icetime for Philly, they'd probably prefer him to be playing hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad