Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Chicago (Prospect game) Sat sept 13 7 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
If Philp has a chance to play he'll surprise. Very under the radar prospect capable of playing all offensive and defensive situations.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'd like Leivo-Nylander-Biggs.

Biggs adds size to that line, can protect Nylander, and hopefully gets his confidence up for a big year in the AHL.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
LW Leivo-RW/C Nylander-RW Brown
C/LW Hall-C Verhaeghe-RW/LW Hopponen
LW Broll- C Gauthier- RW Biggs
LW M.Rupert-C/LW R.Rupert- RW Bilcke
LW Bratina, C Watling, C Findlay, C Philp, C Bowles

Finn-Nilsson
Valiev-Fraser
Loov-Doetzel
Donaghey, Knodel

Sparks-Bibeau
Gibson

Why in the world would you have two RHD defensive guys sitting on the bench in favour of two LHD offensive guys when you already have Valiev and Finn? It's like Leafs 2013-2014 2.0 but BLATANTLY doing it. Plus I know the offense is not ideal and we shouldn't have invited so many centers, but that's a lot of centers who have not played much wing playing there.

Finn is a twd that possesses a great defensive game. He can put up points while playing defensively. Most of his points come from the powerplay and his great point shot.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
Why in the world would you have two RHD defensive guys sitting on the bench in favour of two LHD offensive guys when you already have Valiev and Finn? It's like Leafs 2013-2014 2.0 but BLATANTLY doing it. Plus I know the offense is not ideal and we shouldn't have invited so many centers, but that's a lot of centers who have not played much wing playing there.

When you have 8 guys and only 6 spots, 2 will not be able to dress in the game, and I would expect all the invites to play at least 2 games (assuming they don't suck). There will have to be some rotation, so does it really matter which 2 guys sit out first?
If your lineup for game 1 is
Loov - Finn
Valiev - Nilsson
Knodel - Donaghey
for game 2 you could always do something like
Finn - Doetzel
Valiev - Fraser
Loov - Donaghey

As far as the centers, some might have to play wing; it happens in the NHL too. Nylander, Hall, Philp and R Rupert call all play wing, and based on the LW going (Leivo is the only LW who can be counted on to produce), I wouldn't be suprised to see Hall and maybe Hopponen being used at LW.

Goldie

Nov 30, 2008
How will someone from the states watch these games? THey are being carried by various channels of Rogers TV? and also streamed for canadian viewers? What is the work around for viewing in the states?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
How will someone from the states watch these games? THey are being carried by various channels of Rogers TV? and also streamed for canadian viewers? What is the work around for viewing in the states?

Good ol' streams from the internet.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Might as well bump this up as we get more news about the tournament and the first game tomorrow.

Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050
Looks like William Nylander will start prospect tournament playing right wing on a line with Carter Verhaeghe and David Broll.

Leafs PR ‏@LeafsPR 1h
Defenceman Rinat Valiev will not participate in @MapleLeafs Rookie Tournament due to injury #TMLtalk

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050
Gord Dineen says Nylander might play in only one of three tournament games. Will play the opener tomorrow night.

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke
Leafs did the same with Rielly last year @jonasTSN1050

Hopefully he plays at least 2 games... but we'll see.

peety16

Apr 12, 2011
LW Leivo-RW/C Nylander-RW Brown
C/LW Hall-C Verhaeghe-RW/LW Hopponen
LW Broll- C Gauthier- RW Biggs
LW M.Rupert-C/LW R.Rupert- RW Bilcke
LW Bratina, C Watling, C Findlay, C Philp, C Bowles

Finn-Nilsson
Valiev-Fraser
Loov-Doetzel
Donaghey, Knodel

Sparks-Bibeau
Gibson

Now, that's a thick line...

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
PGT...
Feels Good.

I hope its not only the London Rogers Channel.

I was hoping to see Nylander center a good offensive line.

Donato

#BarSouth
Nov 19, 2011
gibson had a very good season his draft year and never really matched those numbers. that being said he's from finland and goalies do bloom later than players. i hate picking goalies high because its seems like a coin flip of how good they are at the nhl level. most good nhl goalies were either undrafted or drafted late.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Well because they're our property.

The only invite on D who really has a good shot to get a contract out of this is Donaghey IMO.

What? Why? Fraser? Why? Doetzel? Why? My brain hurts :laugh:

Fraser and Doetzel are more suited to our needs and Donaghey doesn't offer anything that is better than what we have; the former do. Fraser is a solid two way guy, Doetzel could replace what Holzer offers if he's traded. Depth on defense isn't an issue, but depth on RHD is somewhat.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Fraser and Doetzel are terrible. They were clearly two of the worst at the rookie skates. Projectable talent beats team needs every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad