Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Chicago (Prospect game) Sat sept 13 7 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I didn't see one so I thought I would make it. Here is the leafs roster for the game.

Forwards
Biggs, Tyler
Bilcke, Ty
Bowles, Parker
Bratina, Zachary
Broll, David
Brown, Connor
Findlay, Brett
Gauthier, Frederik
Hall, Zachary
Hopponen, Waltteri
Leivo, Josh
Nylander, William
Philp, Luke
Rupert, Matt
Rupert, Ryan
Verhaeghe, Carter
Watling, Patrick

Defencemen
Doetzel, Kayle
Donaghey, Cody
Finn, Matt
Fraser, Jeremie
Knodel, Eric
Loov, Viktor
Nilsson, Tom
Valiev, Rinat

Goaltenders
Bibeau, Antoine
Gibson, Christopher
Sparks, Garret

Last edited:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
There's no way that's the roster on Friday. 17 forwards, 8 defencemen and 3 goaltenders? You should expect a 20 player roster like usual, so that means a few players will sit out each game.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
this gonna be on LeafsTV?

All Leafs rookie tournament games will air LIVE on Rogers TV and Rogers Sports Pack with repeats that night at 11pm on Leafs TV. We will have in-game highlights and post-game interviews online and Leafs TV after every game.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
glad to hear it's gonna be on TV. I have to go to a bachelor party on Saturday in Guelph, but it's at a bar... so I should still be able to watch it.

Really looking forward to seeing Nylander play.

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
Leafs really need to stock a decent goalie prospect, All 3 are like marginal AHL goalies that I can't see playing in the NHL. Bibeau could surprise, I guess but it would be nice to be developing at least 1 goaltender that has a decent chance to make the NHL. I watched a ton of Sparks living in Guelph, he won't make the NHL and he is currently the best goalie prospect, this is quite sad.

Leafs probably could have used the 3rd round this year to acquire a piece like that, lots of great goaltender prospects go in the 2nd-3rd

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Just for fun.

Leivo - Verhaeghe - Nylander
M.Rupert - R.Rupert - Brown
Broll - Gauthier - Philip
Findlay - Waitling - Biggs

Loov - Finn
Valiev - Nilsson
Knodel - Donaghey

Sparks
Bibeau

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I want to see Nylander centering Leivo and Brown myself.

That could happen as well.

I think like he did at the u-18, He'll play on the wing. Especially since this we'll be his highest level of completion on N.A ice surface he's played in.

But I wouldn't mind seeing him in the middle either

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Leafs really need to stock a decent goalie prospect, All 3 are like marginal AHL goalies that I can't see playing in the NHL. Bibeau could surprise, I guess but it would be nice to be developing at least 1 goaltender that has a decent chance to make the NHL. I watched a ton of Sparks living in Guelph, he won't make the NHL and he is currently the best goalie prospect, this is quite sad.

Leafs probably could have used the 3rd round this year to acquire a piece like that, lots of great goaltender prospects go in the 2nd-3rd

I say Gibson is our best goalie prospect.....he was drafted high and had a good Q career. Lots of upside. I do agree we need more depth...but right now 3 is what we need in North America.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Real excited about the group we're bringing this year. I think this is our best prospects tourny group in awhile. Aside from the obvious guys (Nylander and Finn), I'm really looking forward to seeing Rinat Valiev and a bigger, faster Connor Brown.

Last edited:

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I say Gibson is our best goalie prospect.....he was drafted high and had a good Q career. Lots of upside. I do agree we need more depth...but right now 3 is what we need in North America.

They are bridge prospects, but hey, if all of them turn out like MacIntyre, we do need a mentor for the young guy we do bring in and a serviceable backup (these guys look like they're going to be better than Scrivens). Goalie is clearly our number one need as far as true and overall prospects are concerned. Depth, quality, everything. Sure we could use some elite guys, but that's not exactly position specific right now.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Just for fun.

Leivo - Verhaeghe - Nylander
M.Rupert - R.Rupert - Brown
Broll - Gauthier - Philip
Findlay - Waitling - Biggs

Loov - Finn
Valiev - Nilsson
Knodel - Donaghey

Sparks
Bibeau

LW Leivo-RW/C Nylander-RW Brown
C/LW Hall-C Verhaeghe-RW/LW Hopponen
LW Broll- C Gauthier- RW Biggs
LW M.Rupert-C/LW R.Rupert- RW Bilcke
LW Bratina, C Watling, C Findlay, C Philp, C Bowles

Finn-Nilsson
Valiev-Fraser
Loov-Doetzel
Donaghey, Knodel

Sparks-Bibeau
Gibson

Why in the world would you have two RHD defensive guys sitting on the bench in favour of two LHD offensive guys when you already have Valiev and Finn? It's like Leafs 2013-2014 2.0 but BLATANTLY doing it. Plus I know the offense is not ideal and we shouldn't have invited so many centers, but that's a lot of centers who have not played much wing playing there.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land

Finn-Nilsson
Valiev-Fraser
Loov-Doetzel
Donaghey, Knodel

Sparks-Bibeau
Gibson

Why in the world would you have two RHD defensive guys sitting on the bench in favour of two LHD offensive guys when you already have Valiev and Finn? It's like Leafs 2013-2014 2.0 but BLATANTLY doing it. Plus I know the offense is not ideal and we shouldn't have invited so many centers, but that's a lot of centers who have not played much wing playing there.

Well because they're our property.

The only invite on D who really has a good shot to get a contract out of this is Donaghey IMO.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Leivo should tear this tourney up. Actually, I doubt he plays all games. Management probably wants to see the other guys.

Finn-Nilsson
Valiev-Fraser
Loov-Doetzel
Donaghey, Knodel

Sparks-Bibeau
Gibson

Dude it's a fake lineup, chill :laugh:

Jul 10, 2003
KW

Meh, considering the trade value of goalies, better off to trade for a developed one like Bernier than use up 2nds and 3rds on longshots in the draft...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad