Pre-Game Talk: Leafs Vs Caps| Apr. 16 |On TSN at 7 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDDIE20*

I just want to win, won't be picky about how they get there.

Regardless this should be a bit easier to stay awake during than the New Jersey game.

Got that right. It amazes me how New Jersey actually has fans. Watching a Devils game is an exercise alright.

EDDIE20*

Yup. They are a just another Canadian team's fan base that tends to suffer from Toronto envy and spend an inordinate amount time bashing the Leafs, just like Ottawa and Vancouver.

I don't get why they bash us though. It's not like the Jets (new or old) have ever accomplished anything. They're not even considered rivals.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I hope Cody Franson can play like he did last game. Was a beast last game.

Guy was crushing people along the boards and open ice.

Didn't he finish with 9 or 10 hits?

He's becoming a lot more physical, which is great.

jc90

Gonna paint ur wagon
Apr 27, 2010
Leafs Nation
likely a barn burner tonight

we're burning barn's now? ...gets matches

barn%2bburning.jpg

burn everythingggg!!!111eleventeen!

edit: ooh, 500

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
The jets are trying to create some rivalry that doesn't exist. I always laugh when they boo different players on our team for no reason what so ever

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Then they're even more desperate than we thought :laugh:

I remember the game they won 5-4 against us in the shootout at the ACC on March 16. After the win even their GM and owners were celebrating as they've accomplished something big, which was short-lived they've dropped 6-8-0 since then and even those six wins have come against the teams who below them in the standings. :laugh:

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
I remember the game they won 5-4 against us in the shootout at the ACC on March 16. After the win even their GM and owners were celebrating as they've accomplished something big, which was short-lived they've dropped 6-8-0 since then and even those six wins have come against the teams who below them in the standings. :laugh:

ivT2HscQLlSbe.gif

Chain Attack

Aug 15, 2006
I don't get why people think we played poorly last night..I understand we got outshot but up until the PP in the 3rd the game was pretty much even. Reimer made more saves in the game but those were the kind of saves we expect him to make.

He saved the Leafs 3-4 times on the PP and one glorious chance SH. I never had doubts about last nights game. We just had to stay patient and take advantage of an opportunity, which we did.

NJ was far more desperate and tried to jump on every loose puck but couldn't do much with the puck..

Strangely, neither did I. For the amount of time the leafs spent in their own zone, it's astounding to think they only gave up 32 shots. That speaks to how good a job the defenders were doing keeping the Devils to the outside, blocking shots and laying the body when they could. All things considered, I think it's fair to say the defense played well in their own zone under the circumstances.

That being said, the leafs play in the neutral zone was non-existent and most of the blame should fall on the D-corps whom I just praised. They made bad passes in transition, took no risks and iced the puck as if they were taking Reimer's goaltending for granted. The Leafs can't expect to play that way tonight against Washington and come out with a win. The defense need to support the attack and the forwards need to be more engaged. I hope they will be tonight against this Washington team which doesn't seem to mind trading chances, so I'm cautiously predicting a 3-2 Leafs win.

angrymnky

May 31, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't get why they bash us though. It's not like the Jets (new or old) have ever accomplished anything. They're not even considered rivals.

Wow, I cheer for any Canadian team over an American one. And what's with the Jets 1.0 bashing - you know we had more wins than you guys over our existence. You know you have Carlyle coaching right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad