Pre-Game Talk: Leafs Vs Caps| Apr. 16 |On TSN at 7 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubn1

Jun 7, 2010
Is Lups playing tonight?

I have a hunch he would get Kadri going again and give other teams two lines to worry about.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
The key to shutting down the caps is to shutdown their PP. Hopefully our awesome PK can blank-them, because other than that they don't have much firepower 5v5 (more than half of ovi's goals are on the PP)! Lets go leafs! Get 1st in NE!!!

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
i actually hope we lose this game. But only because i hate Winnipeg

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
We could win 8 in a row if we versed the panthers, bolts and canes 5times a season

You're right. In their current 7 game winning streak, the only two playoff team they've beat is Montreal (by one) and NYI (in a shootout). We COULD win this game.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
Going to temper my expectations for this game. The Leafs are on a back to back after a tiring game last night, are on the road and the Caps are rested.

If we get a point, I'll be satisfied. A win will be extremely impressive.

Will need Lupul for this one.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Please win this game. Please.

Pfft!! get out of here, I seriously can't stand you guys. Pretty lame that you have to rely on other teams to lose and pretty much back into the playoffs. I really hope you guys don't make it, sucks that a win benefits the Jets

Badger Mayhew*

Regulation loss tonight. Back-to-back, played poorly the night before, going up against a hot team, I'd be very surprised if we get even 1 point tonight.

Leafs will bounce back hard against the Sens though and clinch playoffs on HNIC.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Pfft!! get out of here, I seriously can't stand you guys. Pretty lame that you have to rely on other teams to lose and pretty much back into the playoffs. I really hope you guys don't make it, sucks that a win benefits the Jets

:laugh:. I hope it's a 3 point game and Toronto wins in OT!

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Going to temper my expectations for this game. The Leafs are on a back to back after a tiring game last night, are on the road and the Caps are rested.

If we get a point, I'll be satisfied. A win will be extremely impressive.

Will need Lupul for this one.

With the 9-1-4 run we're on I think a loss would be ok lol We're bound to lose at some point. Not saying I want them to but don't change your expectations just temper your emotions.

Badger Mayhew*

That's pretty mean. Although there are some obnoxious Jets fans on HFBoards, that guy seemed friendly enough.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
:laugh:. I hope it's a 3 point game and Toronto wins in OT!

No really, a Jets fan coming in here an pretty please this and pretty please that lol get out of here, they're the first ones to trash talk us and acting like we're such a big rival when they didn't have a team for almost 2 decades. They can kiss my ass

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
It's going to be tough match tonight. The Leafs typically have a hard time in Washington, and we're playing the 3rd game in 4 nights with our backup in goal against the hottest team in the NHL.

I'll be content with a point tonight.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
It's going to be tough match tonight. The Leafs typically have a hard time in Washington, and we're playing the 3rd game in 4 nights with our backup in goal against the hottest team in the NHL.

I'll be content with a point tonight.

I just want the playoffs to start. LOL I'm so anxious, 2 more weeks!

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I just want the playoffs to start. LOL I'm so anxious, 2 more weeks!

You and me both buddy. Been far too long. A win here makes me feel better albeit the P word place is essentially guaranteed right now.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
We need to get some points here. It's not important to the playoff race but if we do get a point or two, we have a chance to win the division or get home ice.

Both Boston and Montreal are not playing good right now and we're 9-1-4...continue this streak for the remaining 7 games and we have a solid chance of either winning the division or getting 4th seed.

I think the last game of the season...Leafs vs. Habs is going to determine who gets the 4th seed.

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
Regulation loss tonight. Back-to-back, played poorly the night before, going up against a hot team, I'd be very surprised if we get even 1 point tonight.

Leafs will bounce back hard against the Sens though and clinch playoffs on HNIC.

Completely different team though. NJ plays a boring slow style of hockey. Doesnt bode well for our lineup. Playing with speed like Washington does, however, will be better for our lineup. I like our chances.

Badger Mayhew*

Whoops, forgot about the Islanders game.

If a clinch is possible with a win that night, they'll clinch. It's at home where they've been winning a lot lately now.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I don't get why people think we played poorly last night..I understand we got outshot but up until the PP in the 3rd the game was pretty much even. Reimer made more saves in the game but those were the kind of saves we expect him to make.

He saved the Leafs 3-4 times on the PP and one glorious chance SH. I never had doubts about last nights game. We just had to stay patient and take advantage of an opportunity, which we did.

NJ was far more desperate and tried to jump on every loose puck but couldn't do much with the puck..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad