Pre-Game Talk: Leafs Vs Caps| Apr. 16 |On TSN at 7 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
I don't get why people think we played poorly last night..I understand we got outshot but up until the PP in the 3rd the game was pretty much even. Reimer made more saves in the game but those were the kind of saves we expect him to make.

He saved the Leafs 3-4 times on the PP and one glorious chance SH. I never had doubts about last nights game. We just had to stay patient and take advantage of an opportunity, which we did.

NJ was far more desperate and tried to jump on every loose puck but couldn't do much with the puck..

Wow I apparently was watching a completely different game last night then..

IMO we were outplayed and Reims stole the W for us..

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
We were awful last night. maybe worst game of the year bad. reimer stole it.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Nope, we need to clinch and as a person bias towards Jets; I want the Caps to take the SE title.

Not to be rude but it would take a very unrealistic series of events for the Jets to make the playoffs. I just can't see caps/rags/isles losing their spots

Well they only really have to catch the Caps to get third aeed

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
i actually hope we lose this game. But only because i hate Winnipeg

+1 but I give them credit for their fan humour.. The let's go blue jays chant during our last game in their barn was hilarious.. Almost as good as when the Caps played over there and they were chanting Crosby's
better to Ovech.

Classic

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Wow I apparently was watching a completely different game last night then..

IMO we were outplayed and Reims stole the W for us..

One of us was definitely watching a different game.

I just have so much confidence in this year's team. We have lost once in regulation over the last month and even the game we lost was mired with poor officiating...maybe that's the reason why I felt we will win the game. :laugh:

abdew29

Aug 4, 2011
Toronto
Any news for Lupul? Will he be playing tonight?

We need him back! We need to put Kadri and Kuli with a competent NHL winger. :help:

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
I wouldn't mind losing this game in OT just to put another dagger in the hearts of Thrashers fans in the hopes of making the playoffs. :laugh:

Fearless Leaf*

Well I've got an exam during 7-9 today...so let's hope for best at both places.

It's my last exam! Go Leafs Go! We got this game.

Same, but my exam starts from upcoming Monday. I think I'll take a break from hockey for 2 weeks( and why not it's a perfect time to take a break) and resume back on Saturday against the Habs.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I've been kinda surprised at the venom some Jets fans spew. For a non existent rivalry, just to feel like they belong with the other Canadian teams.

Doesn't matter though, still want the boys to come out with a regulation win tonight. For us.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
We need to get some points here. It's not important to the playoff race but if we do get a point or two, we have a chance to win the division or get home ice.

Both Boston and Montreal are not playing good right now and we're 9-1-4...continue this streak for the remaining 7 games and we have a solid chance of either winning the division or getting 4th seed.

I think the last game of the season...Leafs vs. Habs is going to determine who gets the 4th seed.

I'd be fine with the Habs having home ice advantage in a potential first round matchup. The Leafs have an excellent record at the Bell Centre. ;)

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
There is no worst case scenario tonight, because even if we lose we send those pretenders back where they belong.

3 point game.

Last edited by a moderator:

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Man I don't know how some of you people with exams are going to be able not to watch any games, I seriously don't care if I had an exam the next day I would still take a 2.5 hour break to watch the game
I'd study during the whole day just to get that 2.5 hour break in, some people are saying they are going to take a 2 week break from hockey NO CHANCE I would ever be able to do that lol

But seriously, an OTL loss and I'm happy, not only do we get a point but we screw over the Jets, do we clinch if we just get 1 point (and the Jets lose) or do we have to get 2??

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Man I don't know how some of you people with exams are going to be able not to watch any games, I seriously don't care if I had an exam the next day I would still take a 2.5 hour break to watch the game
I'd study during the whole day just to get that 2.5 hour break in, some people are saying they are going to take a 2 week break from hockey NO CHANCE I would ever be able to do that lol

But seriously, an OTL loss and I'm happy, not only do we get a point but we screw over the Jets, do we clinch if we just get 1 point (and the Jets lose) or do we have to get 2??

I think we have to win and the Jets have to lose (in regulation, I believe?) to clinch.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I've been kinda surprised at the venom some Jets fans spew. For a non existent rivalry, just to feel like they belong with the other Canadian teams.

Doesn't matter though, still want the boys to come out with a regulation win tonight. For us.

Atlanta fans were better. Never heard anything from them :laugh:

If Carlyle dresses both goons tonight I'm going to punch something. They've got last change and Ovi will devour that line.

Penalty Kill Icing*

I am rather surprised at the attention leafs fans give to Jets.

I couldn't even care about them even if I tried.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
The Caps are a one line team. If Dion and Gunnar (if he plays) can tone down the Ovi line to no more than 1 goal tonight, we have a good chance to win.

GO LEAFS GO!!

Komarov should be unleashed at Ovi. They were line-mates in Dynamo (Moscow). Komarov can trash Ovi in Russian too all game long. ;)

I think we should accommodate reasonable and polite request by BennyTheJets. I like his name as its one of my favorite songs and he just invited good karma.

Besides, Jets would need to exercise their own demons as Caps owned them this season as Bs last year with us. To get to PO from SE you pretty much would need to win division. Jest will play Caps later. If they can win then they deserve to be in PO.

Practical point for leafs to win this game is that we will be 2 points closer not to PO (that is pretty much given at this point), but to division or 4th and home ice.
Jets are playing Mtl in their second to last game of the season and if they are still in hunt at that point it would be so much harder for Mtl to get those 2 points from Jets.

Go Leafs Go!

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
Likely a barn burner tonight

We're burning barns now? ...gets matches

barn%2Bburning.jpg

Last edited:

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I am rather surprised at the attention leafs fans give to Jets.

I couldn't even care about them even if I tried.

Yup. They are a just another Canadian team's fan base that tends to suffer from Toronto envy and spend an inordinate amount time bashing the Leafs, just like Ottawa and Vancouver.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I just want to win, won't be picky about how they get there.

Regardless this should be a bit easier to stay awake during than the New Jersey game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad