Series Talk: Leafs vs. Bruins Round 1 PGDT Part 3 (No Outside Series Talk Here)

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Did anyone catch this slew foot? I just found it on Twitter.

If you're the league, do you not want to protect your most talented players?

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
Post game comments re game 5:

I honestly forgot Kadri was suspended. What a win! To go into enemy territory and pull out the W in a very tight game. Freddie stole this game for us for sure! Babcock looks like a genius right now. GO LEAFS GO!

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
I have never ever felt so strongly about this opinion, and I back it up 100%:

this series is going back to Boston.

The Leafs, under NO circumstances, are winning this on Sunday. It's just not the way they want this to go. A game 7 is what they want, and is what they will deliver.

This series, without a game 7, will be a ratings kill, and a storyline kill. They want another game 7 storyline, and they want the millions of fans to tune in to that last game in Boston, where the advertisers will make their killings.

It's going 7, guaranteed. It's business, after all.

Bookmark this and bring it up later if you don't believe me.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006

The Leafs, under NO circumstances, are winning this on Sunday. It's just not the way they want this to go. A game 7 is what they want, and is what they will deliver.

This series, without a game 7, will be a ratings kill, and a storyline kill. They want another game 7 storyline, and they want the millions of fans to tune in to that last game in Boston, where the advertisers can make their killings.

Bookmark this and bring it up later.

Some people lol

sanfordn

Oct 14, 2017

This series, without a game 7, will be a ratings kill, and a storyline kill. They want another game 7 storyline, and they want the millions of fans to tune in to that last game in Boston, where the advertisers will make their killings.

Sometimes I wonder why people hate our fan base, then I see posts like this and understand why.

Good grief.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I know the Leafs should have killed off the two penalties they were given today, however just like we saw in Game 4 it was two power play goals by the Bruins that was the difference. Although using that logic Toronto should have scored on their three power play chances they had.

Reactions: Buds17

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Thank God Babcock doesn't have the last change in Boston. I'm still fully expecting a loss btw. Expecting Freddy to stand on his head again is insanity. Forget Marleau, we need Kapanen to get on the score sheet or at the very least be a leader in the PK. This is especially the case with him and Nylander since they get around a minute each of powerplay time per game.

Speaking of the PK, wasn't it supposed to be fixed? What adjustments were made?

Last edited:

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I know the Leafs should have killed off the two penalties they were given today, however just like we saw in Game 4 it was two power play goals by the Bruins that was the difference. Although using that logic Toronto should have scored on their three power play chances they had.

Agree. Really have to have one or the other going at least. If they can't answer on the PP, the PK has to shut things down. Not as devastating to concede on the PK if the PP comes through.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Our ****ing PK.
Hainsey and Zaitsev were the only defenders to get PK minutes. That's on Babcock putting in players that can't exit the zone or prevent zone entries in an adequate fashion. All this after stating that the PK was coached up. Hopefully Marincin slots in next game for Hainsey so he can block entries and give up on his man in the series-deciding OT goal.

TheBigFour

Apr 17, 2019
leafs missed a huge opportunity today. Hopefully Tavares and marner have a huge game 7 because we can't expect Matthews to score every game onwards. I think DJ smith time as an assistant coach is done.

Reactions: ToneDog

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Yeah, had a feeling that's what would happen too... good call...

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
In the past teams have had success having shut down lines vs big lines. To this point Tavares mostly has been focused on shutting down bergerons line, making marner not much more than a shutdown guy.

Hyman Tavares Brown (shut down)
Johnsson Matthews Kapanen
Marleau Nylander Marner
Moore Gauthier Ennis

Would’ve made the leafs harder to match up against... may have gotten marner some easier matchups.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I’ve tried to remain positive throughout the series... but it’s done now.
The leafs were 0 for 5 on special teams today, which is just remarkable. I wouldn’t be surprised if it were some sort of league record in futility.

If the whistles are put away during game 7, the Bruins will just beat the leafs up. If they call everything, the leafs will just be humiliated in special teams again.

The leafs special teams fell apart at the end of November. They couldn’t figure out a fix in the next 5 months. And that’s the series.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
The leafs were 0 for 5 on special teams today, which is just remarkable. I wouldn’t be surprised if it were some sort of league record in futility.

If the whistles are put away during game 7, the Bruins will just beat the leafs up. If they call everything, the leafs will just be humiliated in special teams again.

The leafs special teams fell apart at the end of November. They couldn’t figure out a fix in the next 5 months. And that’s the series.

Let's not do that. It's a game 7, anything can happen. Let's not write off our team just yet.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Did anyone catch this slew foot? I just found it on Twitter.

If you're the league, do you not want to protect your most talented players?

Bostons a dirty team ..period. Non stop late hits ,interference,excuse me crap like this...it's normal for them!

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Interesting facts:

The last time the Leafs won game 7 on the road: 1993 vs Detroit in OT

The last time they won game 7 on the road within 60 minutes: 1964 vs Montreal

This is why you need home ice advantage in the playoffs especially for the Leafs.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Perfection line 2018: 9 goals in 7 games
Perfection line 2019: 8 goals in 6 games

Ffs.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Nobody believes we will win game 7. Leafs need to flip the script and shove it down all the haters throats. I will be so happy if they can win that game. Words wouldn't even be able to describe it.

Even a blind squirrel will find a nut once in a while. Toronto is due!:laugh:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

Felt like we threw this game. I don't want to believe that but the coaching choices make me feel that way. I am not a fan and never have been a fan of the ass coaches. Smith is extremely overrated

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad