Pre-Game Talk: Leafs Vs Bruins; Nov. 12th, 8pm

• Thread starter leafstilldeath*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

leafstilldeath*

Time to see if this team can go one on one with a good team. Home game need to beat the Bruins.

Run and gun game won't work with Bruins.

#NeedGamePlan

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
It is about time we beat the Bruins convincingly!

Can we please win one big!

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I'm still not convinced about the Leafs. We have yet to handily win a game against a good team. There were some that were better than others, but only because the team and/or the goalie was having a off night...

leafstilldeath*

We beat Chicago like 8 days ago

Chicago weren't playing their best hockey. Bruins on the other hand have just started to turn it on.

Given the thrashing we received by Bruins last game I want to see what is the response by this team.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I'll repeat this again in this thread for people thinking we need to neutralize Chara, he is hurt so he is out for now, barring a miraculous recovery.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Chicago weren't playing their best hockey. Bruins on the other hand have just started to turn it on.

Given the thrashing we received by Bruins last game I want to see what is the response by this team.

Leafs also beat the team that made it to the cup finals twice in Rangers

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

That is none of our concern. Ottawa was unbeaten at home and we beat them. Chicago is a good team no matter how they were when we played them.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
That is none of our concern. Ottawa was unbeaten at home and we beat them. Chicago is a good team no matter how they were when we played them.

exactly. just because they play poor hockey doesn't change the fact that they're a good team.

we're a struggling bubble team, and we're beating good teams minus two (Pittsburgh/Boston). we play both this week. let's get at least 3 points.

leafstilldeath*

They still qualify as a "good team".

Game was 3-2 and Chicago had 47 shots to 27 for us. If it wasn't for Reimer we would have been done in that game.

Even tonight against the sens we gave up 41 shots.

Please recall how we started last season. We were winning initially and then what happened? I still remember the posts and posters that made fun of corsi and pumped the shoes of how awesome we are as we were winning and giving up shots. Having a bit of dejavu.

Also, we struggled against both the Pens and Bruins. We have got to start playing better against the teams that trouble us.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Bruins haven't been good at all this season.

No Chara again. Boston will be coming off a game against the Devils tomorrow night as well.

A win will jump us into the discussion with Montreal and Tampa.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Will Kessel show up this game, The Bruins historically are his least favourite team to play against.

I have a feeling he will this game, but who knows really given he often doesn't.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Game was 3-2 and Chicago had 47 shots to 27 for us. If it wasn't for Reimer we would have been done in that game.

Even tonight against the sens we gave up 41 shots.

Please recall how we started last season. We were winning initially and then what happened? I still remember the posts and posters that made fun of corsi and pumped the shoes of how awesome we are as we were winning and giving up shots. Having a bit of dejavu.

Also, we struggled against both the Pens and Bruins. We have got to start playing better against the teams that trouble us.

I really don't have much expectation for our season. We will either sneak in 7th or 8th or miss the playoffs. Our team is a bubble team and that won't change for a while.

Our team is improving 5v5, better PK, some structure which is nice to see.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Starts have to get better. We've gotten away with early and late goals, sloppy play in the defensive zone, but it has to change. And the floating around by the first two lines can't continue. I don't know why those two lines refuse to show any intensity to get to the puck first.

Hopefully they've gained some confidence over these two wins, but the issues are still there.

leafstilldeath*

I really don't have much expectation for our season. We will either sneak in 7th or 8th or miss the playoffs. Our team is a bubble team and that won't change for a while.

Our team is improving 5v5, better PK, some structure which is nice to see.

I don't have much expectation either from this season but I do have a problem with just sneaking in the playoffs only to get our butts kicked in the 1st round or just missing the playoffs.

Why?

Because we do not have a good enough core to go through the motions as stated above and be alright and competitive.

That said, it would be nice to see strong games against good teams consistently from this team. As for the 5 on 5 I have only seen good 5 on 5 play from three lines, the 1st line is still out to lunch even strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad