GDT: Leafs @ Vegas - 10 pm - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I would rather watch Western Canadian team in the playoffs than a host of US markets. As would millions of Canadians.
The best part of the Canadian buildings is the “ Everybody clap your hands“ cheer, with some overly exuberant fans actually going nuts and slapping both hands on their lap.

Reactions: Jojalu

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Matthews has jumped into a tie for 5th in overall scoring. Nylander just behind him. Great to see because they were way down the list a month ago.

View attachment 823660

Vegas has been losing lately hope we can keep the winning streak going. Should be a good one.
Marner up to 12th now too, would be amazing to have 3 top 10.

DragoGrizzly

Oct 2, 2019

Byron Froese is still kicking around!?? From the horror day Leaf years!
That Vegas defence is still so incredibly solid. Curious to see if they play trap style hockey with a bunch of their big guns missing and how much of an offensive threat we usually are.

Reactions: LeafChief

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Marner up to 12th now too, would be amazing to have 3 top 10.
It would be a first (me thinks) but given how much better Matty and Willie have been since last year and Mitch starting to get hot, if they fail to beat Boston or Florida in round #1, it pretty much cements the fact that we can't win with these guys making $11m+ each (starting next year). I mean, how much better do these guys need to get to get out of the Atlantic?

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
The best part of the Canadian buildings is the “ Everybody clap your hands“ cheer, with some overly exuberant fans actually going nuts and slapping both hands on their lap.
While they might not act as wild as some fans in the US, they still madly love their team.

I do enjoy going to games in the US for all sports.

The closest here I can remember being wild was the Bautista bat flip game, and a Roughrider home playoff game

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Honestly, I don't have the same vitriol towards the other Western Canadian teams. It would be epic if Toronto made the finals and faced off against one of those teams. Much better than freaking Vegas getting there. If you gave me a choice between any of those American teams or Western Canadian teams making the finals, I am choosing Western Canada. f*** Vegas, Cali, Colorado, etc.
It's been too long since a Canadian team won. If we don't win it all, I hope another Canadian team does (to be fair, I only say that because MTL isn't going to be in the playoffs).

Personally, the Canadiens are pretty much the only Canadian team other the Leafs that I have cheered for in the playoffs. I actively dislike Ottawa and Winnipeg for various reasons. And frankly, just have no connection to Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton.

I see No reason to think of Canadian-based teams any differently than American-based teams. They're all just NHL teams.
Blasphemy.

Reactions: egd27 and Jojalu

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Is that leafs legend Byron Froese?
How is this guy still in the NHL wtf

Honestly, I don't have the same vitriol towards the other Western Canadian teams. It would be epic if Toronto made the finals and faced off against one of those teams. Much better than freaking Vegas getting there. If you gave me a choice between any of those American teams or Western Canadian teams making the finals, I am choosing Western Canada. f*** Vegas, Cali, Colorado, etc.
Oilers fans can eat a dick

• Love
Reactions: HolyCrap

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Amadio actually stings and is another example of a guy that Keefe didn't know how to use or give a fair chance to. He's been solid for Vegas and has produced for them and was a contributing piece to their Cup run. I would rather have him than Kampf for example.
I’d put him, Noesen, and marchement as the poster boys that keefe really didn’t give any shots to

A guy like Barabanov at least got 13 games even if he only played 8-10 minutes most of the time. Those three got like sub 5 and didn’t get a chance to even get their feet wet

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Colorado is basically Vancouver, but Vegas is the upper class of the NHL cities.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
All this talk of a new team we will see tonight against Vegas.
They could be a new team and still lose tonight.

Hopefully they show the same attention to detail they have over the past few games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad