GDT: Leafs @ Vegas - 10 pm - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
And anyone that wishes can take out Winnipeg and Vancouver. Three Western Canadian teams in the playoffs is awful.
The horrifying thing is that Edmonton fans are so arrogant right now that they are almost making Vancouver fans (who I previously thought had the worst small-dick energy on the planet when it comes to everything Toronto-related) seem semi-tolerable IMO? Or maybe I'm losing it because Vancouver can honestly eff off too.

I want to root for Winnipeg in theory because I like small markets that are actually passionate about hockey but their fans make it completely 110% impossible. The only other Canadian team I can stomach is Calgary.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
The horrifying thing is that Edmonton fans are so arrogant right now that they are almost making Vancouver fans (who I previously thought had the worst small-dick energy on the planet when it comes to everything Toronto-related) seem semi-tolerable IMO? Or maybe I'm losing it because Vancouver can honestly eff off too.

I want to root for Winnipeg in theory because I like small markets that are actually passionate about hockey but their fans make it completely 110% impossible. The only other Canadian team I can stomach is Calgary.

Honestly, I don't have the same vitriol towards the other Western Canadian teams. It would be epic if Toronto made the finals and faced off against one of those teams. Much better than freaking Vegas getting there. If you gave me a choice between any of those American teams or Western Canadian teams making the finals, I am choosing Western Canada. f*** Vegas, Cali, Colorado, etc.

jiggy35

Jun 26, 2012
Honestly, I don't have the same vitriol towards the other Western Canadian teams. It would be epic if Toronto made the finals and faced off against one of those teams. Much better than freaking Vegas getting there. If you gave me a choice between any of those American teams or Western Canadian teams making the finals, I am choosing Western Canada. f*** Vegas, Cali, Colorado, etc.
Agreed, a nucks leafs Stanley cup final would be epic

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Just using hits... against teams in the top 10 in hits in the league this year.... we are 9-6-3, 21 points in 18 games. Against the rest of the league 22-10-5, 49 points in 37 games. So, our record is indeed better against less physical teams... also you look at our playoff exits...

4 of those teams are Boston, Florida, NYR, and the Canucks. Even if they were soft as butter I wouldn’t expect a 100 point pace against them with the seasons they’re having.

Reactions: stickty111

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

I have never known a person that cheers for Edmonton or Winnipeg

Awful for who?
People that have to watch it.

Last edited:

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Putting Brodie back on the right side would be a bit more ludicrous than splitting up Brodie and Lily based on how they’ve elevated their games playing with each other. Ease Rielly back in putting him with Rifai for a few games.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Brad REALLY needs to make a trade for a RHD

It’s not even about fit, we don’t actually have another nhl level RD to play with Rielly. Rafai and Lajoie are not options

Whether it’s a #4 who meshes well with Rielly (lyubushkin, schenn) or it’s an actual top 4 RHD

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
None of Vancouver, Edmonton or Winnipeg would ever root for the Leafs. I never hear a positive word about the Leafs from any of these three fanbases.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I would rather watch Western Canadian team in the playoffs than a host of US markets. As would millions of Canadians.
Personally, the Canadiens are pretty much the only Canadian team other the Leafs that I have cheered for in the playoffs. I actively dislike Ottawa and Winnipeg for various reasons. And frankly, just have no connection to Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton.

I see No reason to think of Canadian-based teams any differently than American-based teams. They're all just NHL teams.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
The D pairings today will really show if Keefe is starting to evolve. You can't touch the 2 pairs. Rielly with Rifai might be the play until you get an upgrade. If he puts Rielly back with Brodie, it's same old Keefe.
If he does this and Vegas smokes us tonight, then somebody has to publicly call him out on it. Whether that be a player on the team, a member of the media, Shanny, Treliving etc.

Rielly-McCabe might be worthy of a look
No. McCabe has looked too good with Benoit. Reilly has to be paired with the number 6 guy for right now whoever that may be. Until they lose a game at the absolute earliest.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Personally, the Canadiens are pretty much the only Canadian team other the Leafs that I have cheered for in the playoffs. I actively dislike Ottawa and Winnipeg for various reasons. And frankly, just have no connection to Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton.

I see No reason to think of Canadian-based teams any differently than American-based teams. They're all just NHL teams.
Which is fine.

I have no problem with cheering for any Canadian team in the playoffs. (Ottawa and Montreal are pretty hard). But I don't expect anyone else has too just because we are Canadians

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
The one thing that happened during Riellys suspension is that Liljegren really elevated his game in the last couple weeks. I hope he can continue this trend and keep getting minutes.

My worst fear is that Rielly comes back and Keefe puts Brodie back on the right and we are horrible. Faith in the team has been restored and we are in a playoff spot ahead of the bolts by a few games.

I do not want to Cue the meme of Frye, wondering "not sure if we suck with Rielly - Or the team just rallied with Rielly.

Montreal is next for me as well since I have some roots there.
Vancouver is after that, but at a lesser extent.

I do however think that a Canadian team with the cup is absolutely 1000000% prefered over USA teams. Its more than just NHL teams IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia