Confirmed with Link: Leafs trade Fehr to the Sharks for a 7th round pick in 2020

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I dont really think the point of this was to clear up more contract spaces as much as it was to give Fehr a chance to play again.

If it was to clear up a contract spot, some of you are going to need to prepare yourselves for a god awful cap dump player/contract coming back with the player/contract we actually want.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Depth is always good bit if some magic happened and somebody offered a 1st for Leivo he's gone!

I'd fly to Canada and drive him to his new home, we do seem to value him though even if he is stapled to the press box because I'm sure there's at least a Sosh type deal out there for him

Reactions: saltming

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Nice. Free cap space (he was a 2 mill cap dump addition last year, and was buried in the AHL), contract spot and a pick is a pick.

He should be in the NHL right now. Was doing very well in the AHL. I was going to say he could have been a depth guy for the Leafs, but I'd take the pick. We have a bunch of guys we could have as depth guys.

Wonder if we could do the same thing with Marincin?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
JVR-Matthews-Hyman
Pacioretty-Nylander-Brown
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
Komarov-Moore-Kapanen

Leafs got plenty of centers; who cares about center depth

:sarcasm:

P.S. just kidding

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
It might seem insignificant but our GM is a genius
-Lou loans Fehr to another team freeing up a roster spot on the Leafs & Marlies
-Finds a team to trade for him & receives a 7th in return that can be used or traded for something else
-Removes his cap hit from the books
-Freed up $2M in actual salary that can be used this year or next on another player

Lou is one of the best

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
1.075M less cap hit next year for less bonus overages carried

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I dont really think the point of this was to clear up more contract spaces as much as it was to give Fehr a chance to play again.

If it was to clear up a contract spot, some of you are going to need to prepare yourselves for a god awful cap dump player/contract coming back with the player/contract we actually want.

Free contract
Clears up cap
Gives him a chance to play
Draft pick

Win-win-win-win.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
1.075M less cap hit next year for less bonus overages carried

Because the Leafs had LTIRed Lupul and Horton before the rosters were established in October. the 207/18 PF have to be carried over to next year.
Leafs have a decision next year October if they want to put the 2018/19 PF to paid in 2018/19, Horton's salary has to put on the opening day roster. As result the Leafs might only have 10m in UFA next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad