Confirmed with Link: Leafs trade Fehr to the Sharks for a 7th round pick in 2020

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Wow a 7th for a player we had 0 interest in even seeing walking around the organization. Pick is unlikely nothing but to get anything in that situation is unreal. As others have said we are at 48 contracts now?

Well that's my thing - a 7th round pick is usually a waste of time. Why don't more teams package together a bunch of these 6th & 7th rounders for 4th and 5ths?

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Haha, someone JUST said in the Luke Glendening thread that LG is a problem because he’s like Fehr and Lou can’t get rid of Fehr’s contract

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Cleared another contract spot. See if the flexibility leads to another move.
Have to think it does. He’s not a natural center, but has experience there, is big and a vet so it’s not like we couldn’t use him at all if Moore went down and didn’t wanna roll with kids there in the playoffs

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Well that's my thing - a 7th round pick is usually a waste of time. Why don't more teams package together a bunch of these 6th & 7th rounders for 4th and 5ths?

Since the NHL went to 7 rounds a little over a decade ago, our 7th round picks included: Anton Stralman, Carl Gunnarson, Andreas Johnsson.

As long as we keep drafting Swedes with that pick, it's definitely not a waste of time.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Fehr is bad, and has been for years. Why someone is wasting a perfectly good asset and a contract spot I have no idea.

Not sure why the Sharks love giving us picks though: 2nd last year, 2nd this year, 3rd this year, and 7th in 2020.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Since the NHL went to 7 rounds a little over a decade ago, our 7th round picks included: Anton Stralman, Carl Gunnarson, Andreas Johnsson.

As long as we keep drafting Swedes with that pick, it's definitely not a waste of time.

Lol. Agreed. Brown and Johnsson are good picks but we're at a point where quality over quantity is likely our focus.

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
Have to think it does. He’s not a natural center, but has experience there, is big and a vet so it’s not like we couldn’t use him at all if Moore went down and didn’t wanna roll with kids there in the playoffs

He was never going to be part of the organization again after making comments a few months ago. Goat and Aaltonen both had the inside track of playing 4th line C before Fehr.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Good stuff

We traded a guy who's playing in the Anaheim farm system for something and gained cap space and a contract spot

I'd call that a win

Reactions: Welsh Maple Leaf

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Enough room for a decent rental, or two if you're getting a 4C and bottom pairing dman for 6+ million

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
He was never going to be part of the organization again after making comments a few months ago. Goat and Aaltonen both had the inside track of playing 4th line C before Fehr.
I said: in case they didn’t wanna roll with the kids, aka Aaltonen and Goat.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I wonder if this makes a trade for Luke Glendening or somebody else more likely.

Before today in order to bring in a guy like Glendening and stay under the 50 contract limit they would had had to send back a body, like a Moore or a Leivo, now that they are at 48 contracts that is not the case, now they could acquire a guy like Glendening without having to send back a contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad