Confirmed with Link: Leafs trade Clarkson, acquire Nathan Horton (no salary retained)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Poor him...suck it up and be a pro. He sucked on the ice so he heard about it from the press, how is that their fault? I am one to not defend the media but it is a complete joke to blame the media for what happened to Clarkson.

I didn't blame the media, I said the criticism was warranted. That doesn't mean it wasn't hard on him and his family.

I think he was professional when he was here, I don't remember him complaining about the media, fans or anything really. On his way out he was asked about his experience here and he answered truthfully.

His play on the ice was brutal and I'm very happy the Leafs were able to move him out, but I have no problem with Clarkson's character though. He waived his no trade clause to accommodate the move and seems like decent guy. I hope he finds he is able to be contributing member of the team in Columbus.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
and that's where my empathy ended.
i mean - Kyle Lowry has played like garbage since the all star break. You know what Kyle Lowry said in the media? "I'm playing like garbage." (I don't follow basketball, this is what my friend said so if i'm wrong, I'm sorry).

he never goes. "hey, well, my play isn't that good, so i have to serve my time." I get that press box duty is very political and everything, but it's not like Clarkson was unfairly placed there (and as i remember most of the media was beating the drum that it shouldn't even be him. Including Mirtle and Ferraro, people who don't like his play)

to me, it's attitude like that that needs to be out of here too. Have some sort of accountability for yourself.

Agreed Daisy.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I haven't read this whole thread, but has anyone else mentioned that they are shocked Columbus gave Horton that kind of money uninsured?

Most contracts are insured, right? And if the insurer wouldn't touch Horton's contract then it must have meant they considered him too high a risk, due to his history. And if you're uninsured then teams must have second thoughts about giving you the same money and term that they would if you were insured. At least you'd think so.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I haven't read this whole thread, but has anyone else mentioned that they are shocked Columbus gave Horton that kind of money uninsured?

Most contracts are insured, right? And if the insurer wouldn't touch Horton's contract then it must have meant they considered him too high a risk, due to his history. And if you're uninsured then teams must have second thoughts about giving you the same money and term that they would if you were insured. At least you'd think so.

i would assume hockey insurance works the same as real world insurance. You can't insure pre-consisting issues. Columbus knew Horton was having shoulder surgery and didn't do it. And I think the hockey world knew abut his back. (but it was no where near this bad). so they decided... not. too? (or they couldn't?) or if it was they could minus the shoulder but they didn't. it's weird.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Clarification ?

Hold on, some confusion re. The $5m of cap space. I don't wanna read thru all the posts.

We can only use this if were still a cap team correct? So how can we rebuild if we still have to have $65-70M in salaries?

Clarification?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad