Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Victor Mete.

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
Depth on D is a waste of time? Something tells me you don't know the Toronto Marlies. I'm guessing Dubas watches more games than the entire fanbase with the reaction of the fans.

DEPTH ON D
The Toronto Mar-whats?... ummmmm please 🤦🏻‍♂️ this is just my opinion but...

might as well try Hollowell or Niemela as your 8th, 9th depth defenseman type if through multiple injuries the team may need a player like Mete as your "Depth guy"... at least this way, you know what you have in your players... sometimes guys just need a chance... remember vegas first year?.. imho Mete is just not worth the contract spot...

I hope the leafs never need to use him on the roster next season...

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
The Toronto Mar-whats?... ummmmm please 🤦🏻‍♂️ this is just my opinion but...

might as well try Hollowell or Niemela as your 8th, 9th depth defenseman type if through multiple injuries the team may need a player like Mete as your "Depth guy"... at least this way, you know what you have in your players... sometimes guys just need a chance... remember vegas first year?.. imho Mete is just not worth the contract spot...

I hope the leafs never need to use him on the roster next season...
If they don't like him later, they can get rid of him no problem. Lets get to October before complaining about minor moves that mean nothing.

Reactions: bax

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Well Marlies already have 5-9' 170 Mac Holloway right shooting Dman on the Marlies who is a Mete clone almost.

So Leafs are doubling down on players of similar size and statue.

Holloway was a former Soo player so its obvious why he is in the organization, but Mete played with Mitch Marner in London so maybe Mitch put in a good word. :sarcasm:

What is a little humorous irony with this signing is that this is now already the 3rd former Ottawa Senator from 2021-22 team along with Adam Gaudette and Matt Murray this summer that Leafs have stolen away in hopes of their organization getting better, from a team below them that doesn't want these player because they want to get better.

Silver lining being Leafs are saving a lot of travel cost for pro scouts when you do your shopping from Ottawa. :wg:

Do we still have Duszak at the AHL level? We just have an overstock of guys who could be Torey Krug one day, but probably won't be. Then you get into the prospect pipeline and there are a lot of guys like that too...

pentaguyy

May 2, 2022
one of the worst defensemen statistically but I bet Dubas has some super secret column in his excel sheet of giga-advanced stats that says if you play him on the left side on thursday's and right side on monday's, but only for 11 minutes per game exactly... this is a good deal.

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
It really is this simple lol and people are cheesed for some reason 😂
Jordie Benn at 35yrs of age will fill the role of #7 Dman. Nothing wrong with these moves
But the truth is, Mike Babcock wanted a team like Dubas is trying to build now and he was scoffed at and fired so it seems to me that this recent change in philosophy re: type of team to ice is another late move by Dubas to realize what a "playoff" hockey team should be like...

Is it to late for Dubas... I'd say he has two years to win the cup or it's bust...

If they don't like him later, they can get rid of him no problem. Lets get to October before complaining about minor moves that mean nothing.
Who's complaining... its a message board for discussion lolol thanks gor your amazing, worthwile, positive feedback though 😀

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Do we still have Duszak at the AHL level? We just have an overstock of guys who could be Torey Krug one day, but probably won't be. Then you get into the prospect pipeline and there are a lot of guys like that too...

Last edited:

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Marlie.

Holy smokes I remember watching the London Knights go for that Memorial Cup with Marner and I remember thinking Mete's skating was just otherworldly. I also thought he couldn't do shit all with the puck when he had it, but oh boy he looked like he was skating on clouds with jet engines under them. So, so smooth. I think I actually told my dad to come have a look at this kid go.

Real good example of how unrealistic the hype can get. Never cared that we didn't draft him, but it's kind of fitting that he spends some time here after all that was made out of him. Rightly or wrongly, he was used to bash Hunter for YEARS.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad