Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign C/LW Miro Aaltonen to an ELC

Pholus

May 23, 2014
there are prospects in need of ELC that we may not sign at all or give AHL contracts i guess that could be the thinking.
Herzog- no contract
Brooks- AHL deal
Walker- AHL
Toninato- AHL

we do have options but i agree with you on handing out ELC at will, they must see this guy as better than at least a couple of our prospects in need of ELC

Your list is missing Desrocher and Korostelev, both will have their rights expire this year (unless the Leafs sign them).

Given that the Marlies center depth isn't great (and his back to back 100+ pt seasons), I could see Brooks getting an ELC this summer. I think it's worth it, and the worst case scenario would be a Brooks Laich replacement who doesn't count for ~$3.5m against the cap.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Your list is missing Desrocher and Korostelev, both will have their rights expire this year (unless the Leafs sign them).

Given that the Marlies center depth isn't great (and his back to back 100+ pt seasons), I could see Brooks getting an ELC this summer. I think it's worth it, and the worst case scenario would be a Brooks Laich replacement who doesn't count for ~$3.5m against the cap.

i thought there would be more, i just did a quick scan of wingers (and brooks who i think is destined to be a winger anyway)

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
cap friendly is only players playing pro. I dont think we have any signed junior players but it is possible to sign a CHL player to an ELC and then send him back in which case he wouldnt show up on capfriendly.com

Yes they do.

Scroll down on the team page and the non-roster players are all listed.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Yes they do.

Scroll down on the team page and the non-roster players are all listed.

yeah i know that, we must not have any junior players signed every player there plays for the marlies ie Pro. So i wasnt sure if it included jnr players, looking at other teams it does seem if we had jnr players signed so they would show up

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
guess he gets Leivo's spot in the press box :sarcasm:

I'm pretty sure hell be in the top 3 lines ,the leafs play an up tempo game and even jvr has hard time keeping up in transistion ,leivo doesn't skate well enuff to play every day ,I was impressed with chicagos depth players ,our high end forwards wil match up in the few years ,but we are 3 d man away from a cup IMO ..leivo is like the most of the marlie players ,other than kapannen ,maybe rychel ...I don't see many forwards there being resingned ,maybe to AHL contracts ,bracco wont get the entry level max contract even ,the leafs need a third line and some good smart d men ,or a jake gardiner than has the software to go with the hardware :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Calacatz

Jacked!
Aug 10, 2005
Let's just let things unfold... Can't compare him to anyone yet... We all know how the Brazilian Kevin Durant worked out.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Let's just let things unfold... Can't compare him to anyone yet... We all know how the Brazilian Kevin Durant worked out.

We do? I'd bet most have no idea what you're talking about.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Miro Aaltonen (C/W) LEAFS Free Agent Signing - Ext. Highlight Video & Stats.

I have to say.., that after watching over three hours of highlights from Miro's respective teams.., that this player will most likely be headed to the Leafs for next season, with maybe a quick Marlies stop along the way.., for conditioning..

I could see this young man walking right onto the team, much like Zaitsev did for us, this season.. Great skater... and plays a strong, two-way game.. (and has a tough side to him, like Komarov does.. Watch the fight in here)... He's also a great play-maker..

t_aaltonenmiro2015.jpg

My 1st highlight montage/flashback for... Miro Aaltonen (#55)..., who was acquired as a free agent by the Toronto Maple Leafs ..,
on March 17th 2017.... and is presently playing Forward (C/W) position in the 2017 KHL Playoffs.., with Vityaz Podolsk ...
and also with 2016-17 Team Finland.., in the IIHF.. (#51 & #15)...

Miro Aaltonen
Forward (C&W) -- shoots L
Born Jun 7 1993 -- Joensuu, Finland
23 yrs. ago
Height 5.11 -- Weight 176

Drafted by Anaheim Ducks
- round 6 #177 overall 2013 NHL Entry Draft

RECENT STATS: (*up to March 26th 2017)

2014-15 - Blues - Liiga
57 Games... 16 Goals... 21 Assists... 37 Points... +12
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 Liiga PLAYOFFS
4 Games... 1 Goal... 1 Assist... 2 Points... -1
2015-16 - Karpat - Liiga
58 Games... 15 Goals... 20 Assists... 35 Points... +9
2015-16 - Karpat - Champions HL
13 Games... 1 Goal... 6 Assists... 7 Points... +7
2016 Liiga PLAYOFFS
8 Games... 0 Goals... 3 Assists... 3 Points... +3
* 2016-17 - Team Finland - EHT
6 Games... 6 Goals... 1 Assist... 7 Points... -2 *PPG+
* 2016-17 - Vityaz Podolsk - KHL
59 Games... 19 Goals... 25 Assists... 44 Points... -4
* 2017 KHL PLAYOFFS (*still playing)
4 Games... 0 Goals... 0 Assists... 0 Points... -1

Clips include: Various goals.. and some assists..., from 2012- to 2016.., with his Liiga teams.., as well as some IIHF WJC season action..; one short, but very intense fight..; many of Miro's goals and some assists from his 2016-17 Rookie season in the KHL, with Vityaz Podolsk (*up to Feb. 14th 2017).... ; a few more IIHF 2016-17 goals and assists with Team Finland.. ....and various other 2012-2017 season photos & clips....

Miro's Foreplay: Miro Aaltonen 2012-2017 Extended Highlights - TML (HD)

Last edited:

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Wasn't sure where to throw this in, as he is both a free-agent signing for the Leafs.. and still considered a prospect by some..

After making this video for the las6t few days.. I say he is a lot higher than most might think..

What happened to the old thread for him..? I can't locate it..?

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Wasn't sure where to throw this in, as he is both a free-agent signing for the Leafs.. and still considered a prospect by some..

After making this video for the las6t few days.. I say he is a lot higher than most might think..

What happened to the old thread for him..? I can't locate it..?

He could easily be as good as the Zaistev acquisition was for us. Still need to see how he does on the smaller ice surface. Fingers crossed his transition is as smooth as Z's was

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Seer your videos are awesome.

Can you make a video of my life?

Thanks, fahad203.... Appreciated..

What do you play..? ....If you say "I play cards".., it will be a shorter video.. :sarcasm: :laugh:

He could easily be as good as the Zaistev acquisition was for us. Still need to see how he does on the smaller ice surface. Fingers crossed his transition is as smooth as Z's was

I saw a lot more of his play, than just what's in this video.. and from over four years of footage..
Probably closer to four hours worth, than three.., which is why I took three days to complete this one..

He's 23.. and played against a lot of BIG men in the KHL.. He looks like he is also smart enough to pick up the transition,
as fast as Zaitsev and Johnsson have..

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Whichever Mod. found this thread and moved this new one.., thanks..! :)

(I searched three times.. Must not be working right for me, like some other things in here..)

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Thanks, fahad203.... Appreciated..

What do you play..? ....If you say "I play cards".., it will be a shorter video.. :sarcasm: :laugh:

I saw a lot more of his play, than just what's in this video.. and from over four years of footage..
Probably closer to four hours worth, than three.., which is why I took three days to complete this one..

He's 23.. and played against a lot of BIG men in the KHL.. He looks like he is also smart enough to pick up the transition,
as fast as Zaitsev and Johnsson have..

That is very encouraging.
We will be a very tough team next year!

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
That is very encouraging.
We will be a very tough team next year!

If they trade Bozie, JVR and/or others, we might be getting even more fire-power..

I could easily see Miro as an immediate fourth line replacement for Smith..,
with Sosh getting moved up a line... and Miro is a Center, as well as a Winger..

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
If they trade Bozie, JVR and/or others, we might be getting even more fire-power..

I could easily see Miro as an immediate fourth line replacement for Smith..,
with Sosh getting moved up a line... and Miro is a Center, as well as a Winger..

I would like it if we can retain Boyle and have a 4th line of martin Boyle aaltonen.
Jvr bozak going to get help on the backend (plus some kid called Dermott :D) and insert kapanen. We might not score as many, or we might, but we will be much harder to score against and play against.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad