Post-Game Talk: Leafs Shutout 2-0

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
Even the ben offences go into slumps. Doesn't help when you're best player is injured. Credit to Minny's D with good stick work in the defensive zone. Leafs just couldn't hit the net or shot it right at Stalock

Better defensively which is nice.

This is more than just a slump. They're anemic out there.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Our Leafs were a more exciting team when we were tanking for Matthews!

Reactions: Slyfox

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
The lines were bad. Could not generate anything.

The good news is that was a good solid defensive road effort. Nothing to show for it.

Guess blowing that game in Philly made the team play tighter tonight.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Jacques Lemaire would find this boring.

The offensive flair has been sucked (coached?) out of the most talented forward group in the league. Really alarming.
yes and for what? we are actually even worse defensively if you go by high danger chances allowed. this is quite honestly one of the worst displays of coaching strategy i've seen

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I'm quite happy about the result.

The result verifies what I saw leading up to these 2 loses.

Of course I'd prefer a win, but that would indicate what I saw progressing was in error, but the results verifies what I've been seeing.

Unfortunately, this looks like a team that just isn't very good right now, and suggests more mirage than substance without 34 in the lineup.

Reactions: ToMaLe

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
The offense has really dried up, in a bid to solve our defensive deficiencies we've completely neutered any offensive flair we may have had

I think Babcock needs to loosen up the reigns a bit and let our creative guys have a bit more rope to try things

Reactions: ToMaLe

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
looks like we are going in the oppositite direction of the pens

Pens fired Johnston because he didn't have up tempo style hired Sully who designed system to his players' strengths

Babs comes in has an up tempo system; and all of a sudden it is this defensive game mumbo jumbo

Striking a balance between offense and defense may be hard but not impossible. If we play offense we hang out Freddie to dry; we play defense if Freddie doesn't go god-mode we lose.

need to find that balance and soon!!

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Its amazing watching this team from the first two periods and the third. They activated the defense and started skating. It's still laughable that Hyman is on the first line and getting the 2nd most minutes among forwards. The guy could kill a puppy and still get minutes. Marner was also awful tonight. I think its time to put him in the press box and bring in Kapanen. Love Marner but he looks like he's still playing junior hockey.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
I'm sure Babcock must be enjoying these recent performances. After all, losing 2-0 is much better than winning 6-4 or 5-4.

Game after game of endless turnovers and icings due to braindead stretch passes through the NZ. Babcock's breakout strategy is complete trash.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad