Post-Game Talk: Leafs Shutout 2-0

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Just terrible. No creativity, the skating, the skill.... nothing like the team from early this year... and I appreciate that they needed to play D eventually, but in doing so, they've also killed the team.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
I'm watched the Minny broadcast. An observation they've made: that Babs is trying hard this season to coach the Leafs, especially the young Leafs, to be two way players. That it's difficult to get the offensively gifted youngsters to commit to being as hard on the puck in the D zone as they have tended to be (especially last year) in the O zone. That it's not an easy transition, most of them having been O zone stars in their formative years and they're accustomed to focusing on scoring, not defending. They've been generally positive in their praise of Bab's intent, and while noticing some of the breakdowns, they also compared the Leafs to the Oilers and have suggested that the Leafs are doing a much better job of learning how to play a complete game than is Edmonton.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Even the ben offences go into slumps. Doesn't help when you're best player is injured. Credit to Minny's D with good stick work in the defensive zone. Leafs just couldn't hit the net or shot it right at Stalock

Better defensively which is nice.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Nylander should be moved to center.

Marleau - Nylander - Brown
JVR - Kadri - Marner
Hyman - Bozak - Lievo

Or something like that. Marner should be a healthy scratch for a few games really.

Reactions: rubous

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Well that sucked. Fourth game in six nights, so it's to be expected a little bit, but that didn't look like the dynamic offense we're used to. Worried for tomorrow night.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Didn't know that background story on Stalock. Acquired by us and buried and sent home. Returns to shut us out on his home ice.

Set the miss on the 2 points aside, that's a great sporting story.

All the best to you sir, enjoy it but once is enough.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
for the first time in three years (since the team has been watchable), I CHOSE to shut a game off simply due to the fact that the product was hideous to watch. I agree with the babs comments, he has to choose whats more important, his ego or winning, because right now his ego and his "saskatoon science" is producing a product that is staggering and abysmal to watch. We've been bottom 10 in scoring for 6 weeks now, its dipped ever since we took nylander off matthews line..... fix this garbage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad