Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Sabres - Time to goon it up.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auzzie19

Mar 10, 2011
The North
:Leafs @ :Sabres

images

Time to steer back onto the road.

Burn the tank!!!!!

burning-tank_1866070i.jpg

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Guess we are using the second pre game. As long as we have one up I guess.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Tough loss last night, but we picked up a point, better then nothing right?

Game One of a back to back which sees us play the Habs on Saturday. This is a chance to pick up a big 4 points.

Will just move this here

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Leafs need to dominate this game from start to finish. If they can't do this after the last two games vs the weakest team in the league we are in for a bad season. It's not about getting two points at this stage it's about building a group of players confident in their system so there is something to build on through the year.

Asif16*

Please for the love of god win.

I wanna go into the hab game with a victory and some excitement and not depressed

Mowerman

Oct 27, 2010
Toronto
Leafs goons had better do a better job or they should both be sent to the minors and cut loose. Scott has had his way with the team 3 games in a row, absolutely shameful.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Stop taking dumb penalties.

Let us try and not allow Sabres score more than 5 goals. #BabySteps.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Rielly-Phaneuf (yep, throw the kid into the spotlight for the game against Buff and see how it goes)
Gardiner-Gunnarson
??? At this point, I might prefer Liles-Brennan :help:.... ugh, I guess go Fraser - Ranger

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
We need a big shake-up... sit Franson please and give Rielly big minutes... Him and Phaneuf (gunnarson has been up and down, but has looked excellent the last ~10 games) have been the only highlights on defense this entire year.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Forwards need to cycle the puck more and stop turning it over after the initial rush. More puck possession and just maybe those shots against will come down.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If we were to go 0-2 this weekend, then we would need a trade.

I have a taste of the playoffs in me, I NEED the playoffs now.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Please don't touch anyone. Let the other team push our goalie for a free goal.

Don't even sneeze because we'll get called for it.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
What do we need to learn?

We need to learn that with our Leafs no game is an easy win. They have played down to lesser teams and have lost games more often than not.

The other 29 NHL teams seem to get up to play our Leafs and beat them while playing way over their heads.

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
-most minors taken in the league...check.. undisciplined group
-most shots against and allowed in the league...check
-perhaps fewest shots attempted in the league.
-coach unwilling to change things...check
- lousy PK...check

I don't see how things getting can get better until large systematic changes are made to our system. We can't win playing how we have. I saw this tweet from Ferraro and it was the biggest thing that annoys me with this group. The D zone system they have is stupid, and uneffective.

Until Leafs able to exit Dzone w a clean pass rather than a chip off glass they will be outshot, outchanced..1st 8 min+3rd period total mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad