Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Sabres: Saturday, September 21 | Miller who?

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

leafstilldeath*

Preseason games are such a snore fest, I don't think i'll watch anymore until the last two when the full lineup is out there.

Anyone feel the same?

Yup I might skip tonight's game as well. Looks to be a snoozefest. Also, Carlyle won't play Kessel as much I guess so thats even less of an incentive to watch. Oct. 1st can't come soon enough

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Preseason games are such a snore fest, I don't think i'll watch anymore until the last two when the full lineup is out there.

Anyone feel the same?

Yeah, it's been really tough to get into them.

I've enjoyed some of the games, but really felt bad for some of the players who had the prospects for line mates. Work hard to gain the puck and then watch the prospects just dump the puck for no reason other than a opposition player looked at them.

At least they have some projects and defensemen to keep an eye on for the future.

snizzbone*

Rielly not playing.. thats cool. Haven't been able to watch any preseason games due to work.. finally get a chance and hes not in the line up. That's great.

Cappayne

Mar 20, 2011
Hockey > No hockey for me

+1

Even if JvR/Kadri/Lupul/Clarkson/Rielly are out, there's still a lot to watch tonight:

- Raymond playing with Kessel and Bozak
- Reimer in net for hopefully the full game
- Gardiner/Ranger pairing
- Percy
- Battle for the temp. bruiser spot
- Colborne's last chance to prove something (IMO it's his last chance at least)

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
I think Bodie has earned a shot here. He won't crack the final team, but he doesn't look out of place so far.

I'm excited to see Gardiner-Ranger pairing
as well as Kessel and Raymond flying up the ice together!

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
am actually on the other side

i feel there's good action there, i mean some players are really trying
and u can feel the energy out there

it's good hockey, best ive seen since playoffs

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
+1

Even if JvR/Kadri/Lupul/Clarkson/Rielly are out, there's still a lot to watch tonight:

- Raymond playing with Kessel and Bozak
- Reimer in net for hopefully the full game
- Gardiner/Ranger pairing
- Percy
- Battle for the temp. bruiser spot
- Colborne's last chance to prove something (IMO it's his last chance at least)

Percy looked great last game, he could be a great partner for Phaneuf down the line if he continues to develop. He seems to have the upside of a bit of a stronger Gunnarson, with a similar all around game.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
that's right. we're probably playing more prospects tonight, so starting Tomorrow we start icing our opening night roster. (as we play, Sunday, Tuesday, i want to say Friday, Saturday, and then Season starts).

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
am actually on the other side

i feel there's good action there, i mean some players are really trying
and u can feel the energy out there

it's good hockey, best ive seen since playoffs

lol

Anyway there's no excuse not to win tonight, Leafs are icing a strong lineup and Buffalo are missing most of their best players plus they're really bad in the first place

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
I enjoy hockey no matter what, preseason, regular or playoffs. Just glad to be able to watch it. You guys should be too ;)

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
people are making a really big deal about the Leafs missing 4 notable players from the lineup tonight.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Kulemin easily outscored him at even strength, playing tougher minutes this half season. Clarkson had a total of 1 more point than Kulemin while getting over 3 minutes a game on the PP.

Clarkson is getting paid because he fights and had 1 good season of 46 points.

Clarkson is getting paid because he's scored at a 29gl/45pt pace the past two years, and fights.

Kulemin's 10gl pace doesn't match up.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Kadri, Lupul, JVR, Clarkson are out. that's it.

people aren't crying about missing Orr, McLaren, and Liles, are they?

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
If there weren't such a log jam on the back end, Percy could easily make the team the way he's played throughout camp.

He'll start in the AHL though.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
JVR never plays on a shutdown line lol.
LOL. LOL LOL.

He did in the playoffs with Grabovski. In fact, he spent most of his time in the playoff with him. During those time, he did spend a significant time against the Krejci line ( even more than McClement).

It's not like we don't see skilled guy go up against top liners. Ladd still does it as does Turris. If we can develop JVR's two-way game, that would be great news.

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
Kadri, Lupul, JVR, Clarkson are out. that's it.

people aren't crying about missing Orr, McLaren, and Liles, are they?

That's 4 members of our top 6..
As well as the fact that our top prospect that people are excited to watch is out.

With that being said, I'm still watching :p:

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

Leafs PR ‏@LeafsPR 10m
Forward Josh Leivo has been recalled by the Maple Leafs for the game tonight in Buffalo. #Leafs #tmltalk

I wonder why... :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad