Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Sabres: Saturday, September 21 | Miller who?

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Leafs have hit the ice today and lines are as follows:

Raymond -Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Clarkson
JVR-Bolland-Kulemin

Kadri back after bruise last night. Bernier nowhere to be seen, hopefully precautionary.

Penalty Kill Icing*

^ Tonight? Game tomorrow, if that is what you mean.

Marshall not on ice. Media speculates injury or demotion. I suspect demotion. Nothing extraordinary there.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

any reason JVR is on the 3rd line and raymond on the 1st?

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009

Marshall not on ice. Media speculates injury or demotion. I suspect demotion. Nothing extraordinary there.

Yeah he looked below average really. A good fit for the Marlies perhaps but not up in the big leagues. He's no Kostka ;)

We need to get more of our regulars to start playing. Let's face it, Broll, Devane, Ashton are not going to make it with this Leafs. They didn't show much last night to deserve a second look. So far no rookie forward has been a stand out. Which worries me, we don't have much scoring punch in the pipeline

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
I'll be at the game tonight. Hoping to come back across the border with a "W".

If you've already started partying, stock up on beer and wings the minute you get there. It might be awhile before the game starts and you will probably be the first one in line.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
They aren't in Buffalo tonight, are they? Heading to the Airport there early evening.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
any reason JVR is on the 3rd line and raymond on the 1st?

No idea, only guesses.

Is Raymond faster than JVR, trying to put more speed with Kessel?
My other guess would be to balance the scoring some more. Those lines gives you 3 that could score on any given shift.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I think using Raymond on the first line in practice is more about Raymond than anyone else. He's the one on the tryout and if the Leafs are going to offer him a contract, they're probably going to want to assess him in all sorts of situations to see how he can work within the system and with different linemates.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
I think using Raymond on the first line in practice is more about Raymond than anyone else. He's the one on the tryout and if the Leafs are going to offer him a contract, they're probably going to want to assess him in all sorts of situations to see how he can work within the system and with different linemates.

That was my first guess, hes the only one who might not make the team so they are playing him as much as possible in every situation to get a long hard look at him

APV

Sep 28, 2009
Leafs need to make cuts today and start getting the chemistry going in preparation for Oct 1.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
At least the lines are getting closer to resembling actual lines we'll use going forward. Makes sense as well to test Raymond in a variety of situations.

Might as well let Bernier rest up from whatever is going on, especially since this would have probably been Reimer's game anyways.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Leafs need to make cuts today and start getting the chemistry going in preparation for Oct 1.

Yeah I'm with you on this. We're heading into our 4th pre-season game, enough of the games, get the roster cut down and get down to business. We have 5 games left and then it's for real, we can't be carrying guys like Ashton, Holzer, Marshall...etc. Send them down and get the likes of Kessel on the ice.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario

Yes, tomorrow is what I meant. I keep saying "tonight" when referring to the game because I'm also going out tonight, albeit not to a hockey game. It's like my days are blurred together.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
JVR has looked good aswell, why punish him. Put Clarkson on the third line if you want to demote someone.
It's a preseason game, I don't think his feelings are going to be hurt. We already know how the lines are likely to work out at the end of the day, not a big deal to see what Raymond does when moved up the lineup. May be necessary at some point when you consider injuries. JVR can survive a game on the third line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad