Confirmed with Link: Leafs re-sign Kadri 6 year extension ($4.5 mill annually)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
What you're missing is that there is no need for "proof" of an offer. If Kadri thought he would make more money over the next 6 years than what is contained in this contract than that was an element of his decision to sign/not sign.

It is his belief that left money on the table to sign with the Leafs longterm. Whether or not he would have gotten that money is irrelevant to looking at his motivations. He want to be a Leaf, the Leafs wanted him to be a Leaf. End of story

That's a different dynamic than the support group saying he definitively took a home town discount isn't it?

That's what's on argue.

But honestly there is no point. It's moving goalposts with this crew. He knew. He didn't know. He had an offer sheet apparently. He would have got X in 2 years. It's all conjecture designed to fit a narrative. Which is to further the love of the player at all costs. Even if it's all made up.

You are completely correct... and days ago I posted the same. It's a good deal for him. It's a good deal for the team.

Practically speaking, I think he will regret his missed chance to take them to the bank but only a little. He's got an NHL contract for 6 years and $27M dollars. He's good with it. Team is good with it. That is, as you say, end of story.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
That's a different dynamic than the support group saying he definitively took a home town discount isn't it?

That's what's on argue.

Practically speaking, I think he will regret his missed chance to take them to the bank but only a little. He's got an NHL contract for 6 years and $27M dollars. He's good with it. Team is good with it. That is, as you say, end of story.

That's the definition of a hometown discount. He took less to stay than he thought he could make not staying.

Also the change in this is hilarious.
Start of the year:
1yr contract =
Back against the wall if doesn't do good he's gone

End of the year
Succeeding at turning that 1yr deal into a 6 yr deal and cementing himself as part of the teams plans = failing to cash in

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
*checks Eating Crow thread*

Ahem... you have work to do.:sarcasm::)

no no no

i don't want be accused of spamming :laugh:

i already posted my bozak and trade deadline fails.

i actually see it as a positive if someone is good enough to project someones AVV within 500k of either side of it.:nod: , thats pretty darn good coming from moms basement:sarcasm:

Duckrider

Oct 6, 2015
I'm not singling you out or anything but just quoting you. I really don't understand this mindset. Why are people so concerned on whether or not he is leaving money on the table or not. Are they getting a percentage on his contract? I don't get it.

I'm assuming people who are worried about this are those who are trying to justify how they could be so wrong about him signing an extension/getting traded. I just can't see any other reason for it. Some people can't deal with being wrong, I guess. Need to salvage that fragile ego. Don't worry, there is always hope and I believe you are a great people!:)

I've heard that this excercises works:

You my friend have hit the nail on the head.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
That's the definition of a hometown discount. He took less to stay than he thought he could make not staying.

Also the change in this is hilarious.
Start of the year:
1yr contract =
Back against the wall if doesn't do good he's gone

End of the year
Succeeding at turning that 1yr deal into a 6 yr deal and cementing himself as part of the teams plans = failing to cash in

I'm glad to see a few people in this thread find the error of their ways - a few throughout the year were strong advocates of flipping him and using Bozak as a stopgapp. Management had other ideas in mind - and locked Kadri up long term. I don't think any of his I itial supporters will complain about his new deal - it's absolutely fantastic value for the team, which will help them be more competitive.

Duckrider

Oct 6, 2015

That's what's on argue.

But honestly there is no point. It's moving goalposts with this crew. He knew. He didn't know. He had an offer sheet apparently. He would have got X in 2 years. It's all conjecture designed to fit a narrative. Which is to further the love of the player at all costs. Even if it's all made up.

You are completely correct... and days ago I posted the same. It's a good deal for him. It's a good deal for the team.

This is very passive aggressive!

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
no no no

i don't want be accused of spamming :laugh:

i already posted my bozak and trade deadline fails.

i actually see it as a positive if someone is good enough to project someones AVV within 500k of either side of it.:nod: , thats pretty darn good coming from moms basement:sarcasm:

For what it's worth, I think I had them at combined $9.5M. There was no real reason and I didn't consider them separately. It's in one of my posts during the trade deadline as I was projecting the cap space for next year if Stamkos were to join.

FYI, I had Stamkos at $10M. I've never been wrong in these salary projections.:eek:

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
What your missing is that the "proof" on offer here is that Kadri says he turned down more money. His words right? Hit previous and you'll see.

Which means that this upper limit of what the Leafs may have been willing to pay must be known... TO HIM.

Is this even remotely plausible?

So they offered him more money and he said .."No I'm good, who needs more money?"

That sounds like a story TMZ wouldn't even publish :)

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I'm surprised this topic is being debated so aggressively. I can see people thinking the term is too long (I don't agree) but the AAV is spectacular.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I'm surprised this topic is being debated so aggressively. I can see people thinking the term is too long (I don't agree) but the AAV is spectacular.
I don't think many are debating whether it is a good deal or not. Unfortunately a few posters made claims like Kadri would demand huge money and not settle for anything less, or that he absolutey needed to be traded regardless of what he wanted because the Leafs had Bozak, and now they see it is a good deal, so they're trying to save face.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
So they offered him more money and he said .."No I'm good, who needs more money?"

That sounds like a story TMZ wouldn't even publish :)

Seriously? That's what you get out of all the past 5 pages?

According to your criteria, a player accepting a discount means that he was offered more and negotiated down. What kind of absurd notion is that? No player in the history of league has done that which means that the notion of player accepting discount contract doesn't exist; which looking at past deals is impossible.

So either agree that this deal was a discount according to market value or say that you don't believe players ever, in the history of NHL, ever took discount contracts.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
What your missing is that the "proof" on offer here is that Kadri says he turned down more money. His words right? Hit previous and you'll see.

Which means that this upper limit of what the Leafs may have been willing to pay must be known... TO HIM.

Is this even remotely plausible?

I would imagine they made him offers which included various options. He may have chosen one with more time than money. It's equally possible he never saw their top offer.

I've been in adjudication with people I've made financial offers to. If they accept my offer, it doesn't mean that was as high as I would go. You've categorically stated that the number they settled on is as much as the team was willing to go. It's complete assumption and fabrication on your part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad