Prospect Info: Leafs Prospect Camp: July 7-11

Knee Lander

Sep 16, 2013
Just got back from the first day of prospect camp. Was not allowed in the rink but watched from the window at ice level. Nylander was a stand out to the point of parents of kids at a hockey school going on the same time had pointed out "that 62 looks really good". That he was. He was very quick in and out of corners and his effortless shot was a rocket. He looked relaxed and was a stand out.

Thanks for this.

Lil Tuzzi Bert

Slaw Bunnies
Jul 14, 2009
TVA
Dakota Joshua for me didnt look to good. Im not familiar with his game style but he was a little slower and his shot was not up to par with the other players. He does have good size, would like to see him in contact situations.

Thank you! Are you going for any other days? And if you have the time, It would be awesome for any other notes!

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Any juicy news from today? All media outlets have been useless on coverage...

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Just got back from the first day of prospect camp. Was not allowed in the rink but watched from the window at ice level. Nylander was a stand out to the point of parents of kids at a hockey school going on the same time had pointed out "that 62 looks really good". That he was. He was very quick in and out of corners and his effortless shot was a rocket. He looked relaxed and was a stand out.

Thanks for this. This is very valuable, especially when the guys at mapleleafs.com aren't even giving us any updates.

zoA

Mar 23, 2010

Thanks for the information, appreciate it.

one77

Dec 22, 2013
As I said before, I still believe Nylander will make the team this year and actually have an important role.

He's too talented for the A, and he's better off staying here learning the North American game instead of going back to Sweden.

CalgaryLeaf*

C'mon dude next time bring a vid camera with a telephoto lens...You'll scoop everyone including the local media.;)

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
As I said before, I still believe Nylander will make the team this year and actually have an important role.

He's too talented for the A, and he's better off staying here learning the North American game instead of going back to Sweden.

Im not convinced he's too talented for the A, lets find out and if he is then he'll be called up.

Orbital

Sep 10, 2009
Denver,CO
What's the word on Fabrice Herzog? From the few vids I've seen of him,he likes to jam the net.Could grow into a power forward on the top 6 for the Marlies?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
What's the word on Fabrice Herzog? From the few vids I've seen of him,he likes to jam the net.Could grow into a power forward on the top 6 for the Marlies?

He's getting big, bodes well for a career in front of the net

Gamble9

Apr 15, 2014
Bowmanville, Ontario
I think Nylander spends a season in the A not because he's not skilled enough but because he needs to learn the middle position at the pro level and also get used to the physicality in NA. I'm also hoping he continues to grow I believe he grew 3 inches last year from 5'9 to 5'11.5 in a perfect world I'd have him in the A so they can help with his pro game and putting on size in the right fashion while he grows as a player and in stature also love Spott as a coach and think with him molding the clay we could get something unreal out of this kid 1/2 years down the line

one77

Dec 22, 2013
I think Nylander spends a season in the A not because he's not skilled enough but because he needs to learn the middle position at the pro level and also get used to the physicality in NA. I'm also hoping he continues to grow I believe he grew 3 inches last year from 5'9 to 5'11.5 in a perfect world I'd have him in the A so they can help with his pro game and putting on size in the right fashion while he grows as a player and in stature also love Spott as a coach and think with him molding the clay we could get something unreal out of this kid 1/2 years down the line
Wouldn't be completely against this either. Just sayin' I think the NHL would actually do him more good than harm. As long as he keeps growing, but being in the AHL or NHL will not change that lol.

MetalJamesK

Jun 27, 2011
Caledon, Ont

To be honest I didnt really get a chance to look at Herzog closely. I did however notice he has gotten big, as did Verhaeghe. Gauthier's skating has improved but still looks a little awkward (he missed a flat simple pass and fanned on a shot awkwardly) but has definitely improved.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Somebody film this and throw it on Youtube again PLEASE

I wanna see how Dominic Toninato looks this camp after playing a year of NCAA hockey with Cameransi. The Leafs passed on Seth Griffith the high-scoring London Knights centre to take Toninato in 5th two years ago so someone believes he has something special to bring eventually and is worth the wait.

TheThrill81*

I'd rather he work on his defensive game in the AHL first.

Number13

May 21, 2007

nic_cage_moar.gif

highslot

Jul 10, 2012

i'd be curious to see if he's as fast as camenasari, who was the fastest skater in his draft year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad