GDT: Leafs@Predators 8 PM SNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Back in the 2000-2001 season, the Leafs had a 5-0 lead over the Blues with 15 minutes remaining in the 3rd period.

They lost 6-5, 19 seconds into OT. I'd say that's the closest you will come :laugh:

What is even weirder is that Tie Domi had 2 goals and I believe a primary assist in that game, along with a fight.

I vaguely remember the Leafs coming back from a 5-0 deficit to win 6-5 during the Gilmour era, that's a much more pleasant memory though that comeback definitely took more than 15 minutes of play.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Back in the 2000-2001 season, the Leafs had a 5-0 lead over the Blues with 15 minutes remaining in the 3rd period.

They lost 6-5, 19 seconds into OT. I'd say that's the closest you will come :laugh:

What is even weirder is that Tie Domi had 2 goals and I believe a primary assist in that game, along with a fight.

Is that the game they had a players only meeting after, then got points in their next dozen or so games?

Once

Jul 16, 2010
This is a must see game with Matty back. I hope he lights the lamp.

Close to clinching too, good time to be a Leafs fan. Hard to believe some days. GLG

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I wouldn't expect much from Matthews tonight. He'll probably only score 2 :sarcasm:

Le't not get carried away here and let our expectations get too high, I just want him to be in the best shape he can possibly be in for the playoffs. Though 2 goals tonight would be nice. :D

BTW, he has said that he won't be back to 100% this season, how seriously should we be taking that comment? Is he just trolling the rest of the league or is he serious? If not 100% then what, 85%? 90% 95%?

I can't help but be a bit worried, it's hard to see us getting past Boston or TB without Matthews making an enormous contribution. If he kills it tonight that would go a long way to assuaging my fears.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Le't not get carried away here and let our expectations get too high, I just want him to be in the best shape he can possibly be in for the playoffs. Though 2 goals tonight would be nice. :D

BTW, he has said that he won't be back to 100% this season, how seriously should we be taking that comment? Is he just trolling the rest of the league or is he serious? If not 100% then what, 85%? 90% 95%?

I can't help but be a bit worried, it's hard to see us getting past Boston or TB without Matthews making an enormous contribution. If he kills it tonight that would go a long way to assuaging my fears.

Not worried. I bet there's a lot of guys not at 100% at this time of year. Worst case, I still think this team competes without Matthews

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Well, this will be pretty much our playoff roster with Matthews and Zaitsev back...(Komarov?) so let's see what we got!!

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Going to be a nice test tonight

Nice quote from Babcock, as usual and it is indeed quite the test. I'm really looking forward to this one, other than the WPG game I can't see myself getting too excited about our remaining games, they're almost glorified practices as far as I'm concerned.

Not worried. I bet there's a lot of guys not at 100% at this time of year. Worst case, I still think this team competes without Matthews

Yeah I suppose that's true. Still, the closer to 100% he is the better our chances. And I want to do more than compete, I want to win the cup. Seriously, I know we could easily go out in the first round but we also have a very real chance to go all the way if we stay healthy and play up to our potential.

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013

That's cause he is going to exceed 100% :thumbu:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
This is a must see game with Matty back. I hope he lights the lamp.

Close to clinching too, good time to be a Leafs fan. Hard to believe some days. GLG
Forced to watch in a bar tonight, not my favourite method.
Hate Thursday games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille