Prospect Info: Leafs pick - #61 - Jeremy Bracco, Right Wing, United Stated NTDP, USHL 5-10 173lbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regsauceleafs

Jun 13, 2015
Watched bracco play tonight in Kitchener, if anybody has any questions about him or would like to know anything about his game just ask.. I feel like I have a solid grasp of his style of play

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Jesus

That kid is smart as hell

Babs is such a great coach, he went over to say hi to the parents and stuff. Who does that? To me, stuff like that will be remember during contract time and home/drafted team discounts.

sIDEsHOW93

Apr 29, 2015
Canada
Watched bracco play tonight in Kitchener, if anybody has any questions about him or would like to know anything about his game just ask.. I feel like I have a solid grasp of his style of play

It's only been been two games so to say you have a solid grasp of his game IMO isn't really possible yet. If you have seasons tickets a mini report halfway theough the season would be awesome though!

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
So how fast is this Bracco kid? Does he have a shot?

He is tricky, and elusive, I wouldn't say he is overly fast. Speed alone is not all that is required in the NHL. Look at Ryan O'Reilly in open ice, he is as slow as anyone who has ever played in the NHL. However, like Bracco he is a phenomenal stick handler and elusive.

Bracco doesn't have any good size or reach though, that is my concern with him.

BigBlu

Oct 15, 2013
So how fast is this Bracco kid? Does he have a shot?

In the "No Space League", 'speed' can run you right into a corner. I'll take "elusiveness" 10x/10.
Shot seems just like Gretzky. Which is to say, "not a boomer".

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
He is tricky, and elusive, I wouldn't say he is overly fast. Speed alone is not all that is required in the NHL. Look at Ryan O'Reilly in open ice, he is as slow as anyone who has ever played in the NHL. However, like Bracco he is a phenomenal stick handler and elusive.

Bracco doesn't have any good size or reach though, that is my concern with him.

Speed and size aren't necessarily pre-requisites if your strong on the puck or can win possession battles. I'm not convinced Bracco has any of the aforementioned qualities- but to be fair, we took a 2nd round flyer on him and he's still young. I guess I'm just not as high on him as others are. But to be fair, I don't know if I was really high on anyone around his range.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I can't state enough about this kids playmaking and vision.

Still laughing at the people who think he has attitude issues because he went to the CHL.

Hilarious stuff.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

Still laughing at the people who think he has attitude issues because he went to the CHL.

Hilarious stuff.

He has a lot of nerve making the life choices of a man at his age. It's laughable

Regsauceleafs

Jun 13, 2015
Bracco has great vision and stick handeling. Those are the first two things that jump out when you watch him play. He finds his teammates and distributes the puck to them very easily. He isn't the fastest skater but has great edges and is hard for defenceman to react on where he's going. As for his shot, I've only seen him shoot the puck a few times. He's definetly a playmaker, doesn't use his shot a lot. From what I saw, his shot needs some work. Not a lot behind it but once he adds some weight and develops more he could have a sneaky good shot. Not too hard but could surprise goalies since he's known for his playmaking abilities.

His lone assist tonight came off a rush down the right hand side along the boards with his skates pointed in a v shape not knowing if he would continue towards behind the net or possibly stop up and find a teammate in open ice. A defenceman was covering him aswell. He decided to curl around the net trying to pass out front, it was tipped towards the slot a shot came a rebound was there and his line mate put in the rebound. The goal was created by him and had great patients to make a good play once he had the puck.

He has great patients with the puck and is exciting to watch him create opportunities without much space or time. Which should help him adjust at the next level aswell.

Some things that need polished other than the size and street of the kid would be his compete level in the neutral and own zone. Granted it's only been two games he is usually the last guy back into his own end and also when he gets there isn't fully engaged in the defensive zone.

It's only been two games so getting a real good look at him over the next few months of the year should be good to see how he's developing. If someone has a specific question let me know and I'll see if I have a good answer for you! He has a bright future just has to commit and work hard on developing!

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011

Hilarious stuff.

To be fair to those people: It's reasonable to assume a kid, who was said by scouts to have attitude issues, has attitude issues after he drops out of school because he isn't playing top minutes to go play somewhere else, rather than working hard and earning top minutes. To those people, it says that Bracco has a sense of entitlement and that he thinks he should already have been given 1st line ice time.

We'll only know for sure down the road.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
To be fair to those people: It's reasonable to assume a kid, who was said by scouts to have attitude issues, has attitude issues after he drops out of school because he isn't playing top minutes to go play somewhere else, rather than working hard and earning top minutes. To those people, it says that Bracco has a sense of entitlement and that he thinks he should already have been given 1st line ice time.

Cox said he tried out college for his dad. That doesn't seem like a kid with attitude issues. A kid with attitude issues would more likely be: **** you dad, I'll do what I want.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Cox said he tried out college for his dad. That doesn't seem like a kid with attitude issues. A kid with attitude issues would more likely be: **** you dad, I'll do what I want.

Kids will do things for their parents that are not what they really want out of respect for their parents.

Hey, I'll go there ...

Since when is showing respect for good parents an attitude problem?

Perhaps we have another witch hunt, like the Nylander one. A squeaky clean, respectful kid report doesn't get as much attention as a "hey look at this!"

He has reminded me of Spezza with the puck handling, and vision plays he's made. There are so many highlights of Spezza circling the Leafs net and eventually putting in or setting up a goal over the years. When I saw it during the preseason it was, "there's Spezza."

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011

Kids will do things for their parents that are not what they really want out of respect for their parents.

Hey, I'll go there ...

Since when is showing respect for good parents an attitude problem?

Perhaps we have another witch hunt, like the Nylander one. A squeaky clean, respectful kid report doesn't get as much attention as a "hey look at this!"

He has reminded me of Spezza with the puck handling, and vision plays he's made. There are so many highlights of Spezza circling the Leafs net and eventually putting in or setting up a goal over the years. When I saw it during the preseason it was, "there's Spezza."

Hey, I never said he had attitude problems, haven't posted on the matter. Just giving a different perspective.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
people are ragging on bracco for no reason here. The only thing he could have done better was to meet with the coach face to face if the rumor about him texting his choice to leave is true. If he was not happy playing for boston and felt to much pressure academic wise, and not finding enough time to work on his game than he has the right to leave. Boston coaches shouldnt feel angry, as a non nhl player right now, bracco is developing and doing whats best for him to make the nhl and make the leafs. He does not owe anything to boston, he didn't owe them by finishing the year. I dont think he has any attitude issues(though i hope he is not as bland as all the other personalities in the nhl). He like any other teenager of this generation used technology to communicate with his coaches(according to rumors) thats not an attiude issue or anything, its just the way people are today.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

He went to the NCAA only because his father preferred he do that. He didn't like it, so he went to where he wanted to go, likely after talking to his father.

He went to where is better for his development.

Please tell me how that is an attitude issue? He wants to succeed. And he did the best thing for that.

Christ, some people :facepalm:

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
I guess we should avoid drafting Matthews now. Can't keep drafting these kids with attitude problems who chose a different league over the NCAA to help with their development.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls

That's a pretty subjective non-factual statement. There were rumours all summer of him playing for Kitchener. There's no real way of saying at face-value he left because he did not get top-line minutes after 5 games

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
His lone assist tonight came off a rush down the right hand side along the boards with his skates pointed in a v shape not knowing if he would continue towards behind the net or possibly stop up and find a teammate in open ice. A defenceman was covering him aswell. He decided to curl around the net trying to pass out front, it was tipped towards the slot a shot came a rebound was there and his line mate put in the rebound. The goal was created by him and had great patients to make a good play once he had the puck.

His patented around the world move.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Anyone here see Wellwood in his prime with the Leafs? I did, he toyed with NHL defencemen as well or better than Bracco. I see the same dumpy body type here as I did with Wellwood.

I was the first guy on the internet to call Schenn, Schitt, and that our entire scouting staff was stuked by Burke, as they were all in on picking Forsberg. And Burke decides he is god and goes with Rielly. Another potential, meh, But lets see how this kid plays out.

I just don't think he will not translate to the NHL at all. Just too predictable after a while and no speed to adjust.

I am not even a big fan of Marner either. I think though Hunter will get vindicated by three other guys he picked much later. Dermott? Looked good in Leaf camp, maybe he is disappointed he is back in the OHL, but sure isn't blowing anyone away right now.

Nylander, for better or worse is our best prospect, no one else is close to him at this point.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Anyone here see Wellwood in his prime with the Leafs? I did, he toyed with NHL defencemen as well or better than Bracco. I see the same dumpy body type here as I did with Wellwood.

I was the first guy on the internet to call Schenn, Schitt, and that our entire scouting staff was stuked by Burke, as they were all in on picking Forsberg. And Burke decides he is god and goes with Rielly. Another potential, meh, But lets see how this kid plays out.

I just don't think he will not translate to the NHL at all. Just too predictable after a while and no speed to adjust.

I am not even a big fan of Marner either. I think though Hunter will get vindicated by three other guys he picked much later. Dermott? Looked good in Leaf camp, maybe he is disappointed he is back in the OHL, but sure isn't blowing anyone away right now.

Nylander, for better or worse is our best prospect, no one else is close to him at this point.

Wellwood's success came almost exclusively from his vision, and he made a lot of his plays from a standstill.

Bracco seems more dynamic and like he does things more on the move.

Ramboshaw

Apr 9, 2012
Meadow Lake, SK

All aboard the Grim Prospects train!

mallory67

Jul 2, 2015
North Carolina
Bracco has great vision and stick handeling. Those are the first two things that jump out when you watch him play. He finds his teammates and distributes the puck to them very easily. He isn't the fastest skater but has great edges and is hard for defenceman to react on where he's going. As for his shot, I've only seen him shoot the puck a few times. He's definetly a playmaker, doesn't use his shot a lot. From what I saw, his shot needs some work. Not a lot behind it but once he adds some weight and develops more he could have a sneaky good shot. Not too hard but could surprise goalies since he's known for his playmaking abilities.

He has great patients with the puck and is exciting to watch him create opportunities without much space or time. Which should help him adjust at the next level aswell.

Some things that need polished other than the size and street of the kid would be his compete level in the neutral and own zone. Granted it's only been two games he is usually the last guy back into his own end and also when he gets there isn't fully engaged in the defensive zone.

It's only been two games so getting a real good look at him over the next few months of the year should be good to see how he's developing. If someone has a specific question let me know and I'll see if I have a good answer for you! He has a bright future just has to commit and work hard on developing!

So nice to hear about his hockey skills ... rather than his attitude ... thanks.
Also: **patience**

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On

Sadly for you Burke did not draft Schenn , Fletcher did. So you were the first guy to have a bizarre conversation with no basis in reality :shakehead Way to go !

Sort of hard to take anything you say seriously after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad