Prospect Info: Leafs pick - #61 - Jeremy Bracco, Right Wing, United Stated NTDP, USHL 5-10 173lbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
True, nice pass, but, has the video been sped up quite a bit, because, the speed on the pass doesn't seem possible actually, goes from his stick to the other stick and you can't even see it hardly!

Not to take anything away from the pass, but, is the video embedded in our forum here real speed?

If it's real speed, did his teammate catch the pass on his stick or did it hit him in the skate or the body and then he shoots it - I can't even tell!

It it's real speed then I think receiving that pass was as good or better than the pass itself.
Never mind, I get it now. It's shown twice - from different angles. His pass is tape to tape - pretty good catch!!!!

Last edited:

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
True, nice pass, but, has the video been sped up quite a bit, because, the speed on the pass doesn't seem possible actually, goes from his stick to the other stick and you can't even see it hardly!

Not to take anything away from the pass, but, is the video embedded in our forum here real speed?

If it's real speed, did his teammate catch the pass on his stick or did it hit him in the skate or the body and then he shoots it - I can't even tell!

It it's real speed then I think receiving that pass was as good or better than the pass itself.
Never mind, I get it now. It's shown twice - from different angles. His pass is tape to tape - pretty good catch!!!!

You may be reading too much into the tape. It's probably just the usual amateurish Rogers Cable production.

It looked like a play made between teammates who have played together for a long time.

Tim Raines

Oct 26, 2015
The pass was very slick (sped up or not), but the teammate who received it was Ryan MacInnis who scored 4 goals in the game. So he passed to the right guy!

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
His skills are apparent, even if his character traits arent.

The Hockey News polled NHL scouts claimed he had 1st round skill/talent and 3/4th round attitude issues and concerns.

Their consolidated rankings placed him #74 (mid 3rd round) on their top 100 draft eligible prospects for 2015 in the draft preview.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
The Hockey News polled NHL scouts claimed he had 1st round skill/talent and 3/4th round attitude issues and concerns.

Their consolidated rankings placed him #74 (mid 3rd round) on their top 100 draft eligible prospects for 2015 in the draft preview.

I think we did well with him. Some attitude stuff is overblown, and apparently he was fine at our rookie camp.

On the other hand...that pass...wow.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
The Hockey News labelled him "skilled points machine soured scouts with his attitude".

I have the same magazine. I'd rather try not to sum up people that easily, especially 17-18 year olds. Maturity might be an issue right now, but I doubt it will be later.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
We live in a time where blanket statements such as that are quite risky and sometimes not very advisible to make. Do we hope that Bracco matures and attitude does not become an issue? Absolutely. Can we guarantee that maturity will not be an issue later in life? Heck no ahaha! I try to be an optimist like you, however due to the fact that sometimes things are not black or white be it not for certain aspects in life, I would have to say that there is a chance that he is mature later in life and there is also a chance htat he will not mature later in life, it just depends on certain things in life and how things play out in life.

If he's a talented player who scores a lot of points there will still be a market for him anyway.

Exhibit A) Evander Kane

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
If he's a talented player who scores a lot of points there will still be a market for him anyway.

Exhibit A) Evander Kane

For some scouts character is very important competent in draft selection and player evaluation process.

Lets hope that he matures over time, but often as the saying goes "a Leopard never changes its spots".

Will be interesting to see if his attitude issues cause any problems now that he is in Kitchener or if he grows out of these entitlement/arrogance issues.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
For some scouts character is very important competent in draft selection and player evaluation process.

Lets hope that he matures over time, but often as the saying goes "a Leopard never changes its spots".

Will be interesting to see if his attitude issues cause any problems now that he is in Kitchener or if he grows out of these entitlement/arrogance issues.

Do we know it is that specifically though?

For all Kessel's character flaws and "terrible" contract. We were still able to get a 1st (most likely), 3rd, Kapanen (former 1st), and Harrington (a former 2nd) for Kessel (with 1.2M retained), Erixon (former 1st, but it had been some time since then, and he has been a walking suit case) and Biggs (most consider him to be a bust at this point).

I think whatever "character/maturity/arrogance/entitlement/" issues exist...or if they exist at all, should be cleared up as he matures and becomes a man. It won't fly with Babcock anyway. If he is talented though, the Leafs can certainly move him for a good package later on...as demonstrated with Kessel, Kane, heck even ROR...

Shwaguy*

There are no entitlement arrogance issues holy ****.

Well, at least him changing teams doesn't show that.

Mar 12, 2009

Got a source other than the hockey new or your pure speculation? Maybe he has issues, but we don't know what they are specifically and you're making a pretty definitive leap based on one line in the Hockey News.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Honestly everyone ... use your eyes.
DOES THIS KID LOOK LIKE HE GETS DRUNK AND DOES DRUGS?

He looks like he's 12. ... what ever these so called attitude issues, if it's not booze and drugs, and sure we'll all be FINE.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Honestly everyone ... use your eyes.
DOES THIS KID LOOK LIKE HE GETS DRUNK AND DOES DRUGS?

He looks like he's 12. ... what ever these so called attitude issues, if it's not booze and drugs, and sure we'll all be FINE.

I think it was based solely on a bit of tantrum he had at being cut from a national team. A teenager not controlling his emotions isn't exactly anything unusual.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I think it was based solely on a bit of tantrum he had at being cut from a national team. A teenager not controlling his emotions isn't exactly anything unusual.

Didn't know about this...apparently being a teenager and having emotions is counted against you. Not every kid is as stoic as Jonathan Toews.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
I'm not sure why some are questioning his attitude/character for making this switch. Dude is 18 years old, and wants to play in the best development league in the world. So be it

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Didn't know about this...apparently being a teenager and having emotions is counted against you. Not every kid is as stoic as Jonathan Toews.

Uh oh, another human being with emotion... Better medicate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad