Prospect Info: Leafs Pick #125 - Dmytro Timashov - LW/RW - UKR 5' 9" 192 QMJHL

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
@dcmahiban: #Leafs prospect Dmytro Timashov (2015 fifth-round pick) says he'll play in the #AHL with the #Marlies next season.

So pumped. My favourite Leaf's prospect. Asides from the obvious few

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Timashov is another under-rated and sometimes unnoticed player to most.., but I see great things for this kid...! Great news..!! :handclap:

Ice Burning: Dmytro Timashov 2015-16 Highlights - TML

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
Those two guys are very good prospects, so that would be impressive and awesome.

Let's put it this way...I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if he out performed both Johnson and Kapanen offensively with the Marlies next year. Whether he'll be able to make the jump effectively from the AHL to the NHL...I really don't have a strong opinion...but I don't see him having much trouble at all at the AHL level. I see a similar rookie season to Connor Brown, if not better.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Let's put it this way...I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if he out performed both Johnson and Kapanen offensively with the Marlies next year. Whether he'll be able to make the jump effectively from the AHL to the NHL...I really don't have a strong opinion...but I don't see him having much trouble at all at the AHL level. I see a similar rookie season to Connor Brown, if not better.

He's got the intelligence of Connor Brown with superior vision. Timashov is a guy who could look better in the pros than he does in junior because he'll be playing with guys who can bury his passes for a change.

Last edited:

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
The kid is rooming with Matthews during development camp. Auston had a hard time pronouncing his name lol

sIDEsHOW93

Apr 29, 2015
Canada
I an happy to hear he will be with the Marlies! I was beginning to worry that with all the studs coming up to the N the team in the A wouldn't be very exciting to watch. Now it's starting to look like fun!

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Bump. Interested to hear what peoples updated expectations are for Timashov, both for this season and in terms of an expected/ceiling for his career? Before his trade to Shawinigan it looked like he was going to settle in among the Q scoring leaders but really cooled off after the trade, had some great highlights from last season and seems to have the speed and low centre of gravity that players of his stature can thrive in the pro game with.

His development camp highlights seemed to be all of him getting stripped after making too many moves, usually for a turnover goal, but the commentators were complimentary that he always had the puck and seemed to be driving chances

I'm hoping that he and Adam Brooks end up on the same line for the Marlies - Timashov seems to thrive with the puck on his stick and setting up team mates, where Brooks' highlight packages from last year make it look like he's very good at getting in the right spot without the puck and getting open

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Bump. Interested to hear what peoples updated expectations are for Timashov, both for this season and in terms of an expected/ceiling for his career? Before his trade to Shawinigan it looked like he was going to settle in among the Q scoring leaders but really cooled off after the trade, had some great highlights from last season and seems to have the speed and low centre of gravity that players of his stature can thrive in the pro game with.

His development camp highlights seemed to be all of him getting stripped after making too many moves, usually for a turnover goal, but the commentators were complimentary that he always had the puck and seemed to be driving chances

I'm hoping that he and Adam Brooks end up on the same line for the Marlies - Timashov seems to thrive with the puck on his stick and setting up team mates, where Brooks' highlight packages from last year make it look like he's very good at getting in the right spot without the puck and getting open

He'll be one of Babcock's "could have made it out of camp" prospects similar to Brown. He's "too smart" and "plays too hard not to be a good player." I think he's going to have a fantastic year.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Really looking forward to seeing him on the Marlies.

Although im surprised he can go there? Was he drafted out of Europe then transfered to the CHL or is he an overager?

Mr Hockey*

Late birthday like Dermott, he can go back to CHL as an overage or go to AHL.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Really looking forward to seeing him on the Marlies.

Although im surprised he can go there? Was he drafted out of Europe then transfered to the CHL or is he an overager?

He spilled the beans at development camp: http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/t...-will-play-for-the-toronto-marlies-in-2016-17

He'll be one of Babcock's "could have made it out of camp" prospects similar to Brown. He's "too smart" and "plays too hard not to be a good player." I think he's going to have a fantastic year.

I'm also very high on him, seemed like a lock for a 100+ point year on a mediocre Q team last year and has looked good in every leaf camp he's attended. I think we could see a big bump in his stock, sort of like Brown making the jump to pro hockey, although I don't know if he has the same question marks like skating

Last edited:

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
He really reminds of Grabvoski. Stumpy yet very evasive

The best part about this we no longer have to rush our prospects. We can take our time and let them develop. No more Luke Schenn at 18 ( not that it would matter, he was never going to be a star)

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
He really reminds of Grabvoski. Stumpy yet very evasive

The best part about this we no longer have to rush our prospects. We can take our time and let them develop. No more Luke Schenn at 18 ( not that it would matter, he was never going to be a star)

I could see the Grabovski body/elusiveness/strength on his skates for sure. Timashov seems to be very pass-first, but good comparison

The thing that I love about the leafs system is that I don't know if Timashov is our 4th best forward prospect or our 10th. Great time to sit back and see what cream rises to the top

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
Timashov is another under-rated and sometimes unnoticed player to most.., but I see great things for this kid...! Great news..!! :handclap:

Ice Burning: Dmytro Timashov 2015-16 Highlights - TML

Jeeeeeez he's got such quick feet and soft hands. Great highlight pack.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad