GDT: Leafs @ Panthers. We clinch our playoff matchup tonight. 7:30PM - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I'd kind of rather play Boston. They're only 9-6 in their last 15 games and given up 3 goals a game on average.

No way you let anyone important play both games of the b2b though.

As far as I'm concerned, All of Matthews, Tavares, marner, Nylander, Rielly and McCabe all have to sit ag least one of the last 2 games.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I'd kind of rather play Boston. They're only 9-6 in their last 15 games and given up 3 goals a game on average.

No way you let anyone important play both games of the b2b though.

As far as I'm concerned, All of Matthews, Tavares, marner, Nylander, Rielly and McCabe all have to sit ag least one of the last 2 games.

Marner not sure about, he has already sat out a bunch of games earlier. Let him play both games.

Reactions: arso40 and TMLife17

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Screenshot_2024-04-16-11-52-33~2.png

Battle of the backups tonight. No chance to run goalie Bob. He's off the case. Stolarz numbers are pretty good , hope Matthews can slip one by him. Doesn't have to be pretty just get the 70th so he can sit against Tampa.

Nylander I'm not counting on getting to 100. There's only 9 players with 100 this year being in that club would be good for the optics but it doesn't change anything.

Also winning out would make us 48-24-10. That looks better than 46-26-10. I am weird I care about these small talking points.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Actually, if nylander has a good night tonight I’d then sit him the final game, but only if he gets some good production.

All these are assuming of course they are healthy. If there are injuries to be rested then do that.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
I am almost feel like maybe it’s better to get them to go to Boston first. Not sure if too much sun and fun will lead to them being focused for game 1 against the Panthers. Make them haul their asses to Boston. But really, probably doesn’t matter much. Just need to beat whoever.
There will be a lot of Leaf support in Florida as well. Take away some of the home ice advantage

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I have a sneaking suspicion that he is going to have to play, if not in round one, sometime in these playoffs. So agreed, he needs to get right.

For those singing in your head:

I am fully anticipating a Woll appearance and maybe even a Murray appearance. It’s just within the realm of possibility. Maybe Liam too come to think of it.

• Haha
Reactions: wingman75

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I'd go Woll tonight and then Jones tomorrow night. Rest Samsonov until the playoffs. That gives everyone else a tune up in case they're called upon.

I'd give 2 more games to Murray with the Marlies before their season ends and 1 to Hildeby. 3 games for Murray with the Marlies kicks off the rust a bit.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
I'd go Woll tonight and then Jones tomorrow night. Rest Samsonov until the playoffs. That gives everyone else a tune up in case they're called upon.

I'd give 2 more games to Murray with the Marlies before their season ends and 1 to Hildeby. 3 games for Murray with the Marlies kicks off the rust a bit.
Is that enough time to give Sammy a mental reboot?

giphy.gif

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Unfortunately both teams are dead set on setting the tone tonight for the upcoming series. I would hope Reaves intends on making his mark tonight.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Unfortunately both teams are dead set on setting the tone tonight for the upcoming series. I would hope Reaves intends on making his mark tonight.
To be honest, other than potential injuries, tonight's result won't have any influence on game 1 of the playoffs.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
To be honest, other than potential injuries, tonight's result won't have any influence on game 1 of the playoffs.
If they lose tonight and Boston loses then it influences who they play. If they want florida part of the equation is beating them tonight. Although a lot rides on Boston.

Reactions: ToneDog

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Hoping we rest McCabe

Also just bench Mathews for the rest if the day if he scores that 70th goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad